• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Eh, I only like parties if the people there are people I know and are cool according to moi. I feel very alienated and annoyed at parties or "kickbacks" with people that I don't find reasonably mature or interesting.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Buuuut, what if you're in this phase of trying to meet new people because you do not have any close friends in the area? It's a gamble you sort of have to take if you want relationships! Or at least, that is what I am finding...

Yeah, I'll probably be annoyed.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If my group isn't there, I'm generally not either. I like socializing and all with new people, but I roll with a crew now a days >.o so even if it wouldn't have been fun, hanging out with my friends owns all.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm supposed to go to this huge party on Saturday and I don't know if I want to because I only know (of) about 10 people going and they are all ESs. I often love parties where I don't know everyone, but it's a gamble every time. Will it be fun, won't it be fun? Will I make a connection? Will I feel included? Ahhhhhhhhh stressful.

And, they all think I'm the same as them. But, I know not one N in the group. I'm not like them and I'm so dissatisfied without knowing I have a base of what I would consider real relationships. I want to not care so much about making deep connections in large social settings! It's ridiculous!

This is stressing for me too. Lately I have only hung out with people I know well. It feels very different than the kind of situation you are going to. I don't like facades so I prefer it this way. On the other hand if you don't go, you wont find your kind of people, so.. I think you should go and play along.

Buuuut, what if you're in this phase of trying to meet new people because you do not have any close friends in the area? It's a gamble you sort of have to take if you want relationships! Or at least, that is what I am finding...

It's not a gamble. You go and you find some folks you like, or you go and you don't find them. You don't lose anything. Not exactly win-win but neither a gamble.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
You do lose sometimes though. Certain people sap the life out of me, so it would feel like a wasted evening. I don't usually subject myself to situations where I am not sure I will enjoy myself. I don't know. I think someone might give me a ride, which would be a definite bonus. I hate going to parties by myself when I don't really know anyone (at all) and don't know if I can trust the people I'm with.

Yeah, I will play...

I have to go in costume. haha.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, yeah, some people do that, but still, you can always leave, right?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
NFs get under my skin when they are moral finger-pointers.
Moral finger pointers bother me in general. I mean people who believe in a moral, try to force it on you, and don't consider the possiblity that it is a bad moral or that it doesn't apply to some people.

heart

heart on fire
When NF want to deny or excuse evil for the sake of harmony, ugh.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When NF want to deny or excuse evil for the sake of harmony, ugh.
:yes:

And when did this become an NF bashing thread, wtf?!?!?! :steam:

I don't know, I hate people who excuse every act with some sort of relativist-it is-all-gray excuse.

I do view myself as a reasonably compassionate and understanding person. But, c'mon, infringing upon other people's inherent rights is wrong, hurting innocent people for self-gain is wrong, no ifs ands or buts.

heart

heart on fire

And when did this become an NF bashing thread, wtf?!?!?! :steam:

I don't know, I hate people who excuse every act with some sort of relativist-it is-all-gray excuse.

I do view myself as a reasonably compassionate and understanding person. But, c'mon, infringing upon other people's inherent rights is wrong, hurting innocent people for self-gain is wrong, no ifs ands or buts.

Yeah, exactly. :nice:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ugh!!!

Who here is ever tired of being the "bigger" person.

I just find it sometimes aggravating, being considerate of people whom I deem as insecure.

I think this is an NF thing, or perhaps just a mature quality, to fight fairly. But sometimes, ugh, I just want to unleash some mean, you know!?!??

I rarely, if ever, feel comfortable providing my psychoanalysis about someone to them, even if they ask.

I can't even recall all of the arguments/fights I have gotten into where the other person started going berserk because of their *own* issues.

Another thing, being emotionally intelligent, and mindful are incredibly important things.

Checking in with yourself, identifying your feelings, and understanding why you feel the way that you do.

Do you guys ever hate your instinct to be kind, sometimes I want to be a reckless, careless bitch, because it seems like it would feel good, momentarily, at least.

Gah!!!

:azdaja:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Chick? You called me out?

Dang. I work on this all the time because I'm happier with myself when I don't "stoop." But once in a blue moon a little imp gives me a poke in the spleen and I think, "Hey! When's it my turn to be the asshole?"

Want a little abuse, you stoopid kid? :devil:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I sometimes want to stoop to someone's level regardless of what my disapproving values say.

Gah, 'tis very, very frustrating.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*deep breaths*

*deep breaths*

*mantra*

*deep breaths*

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It may be aggravating to be the bigger person, but it feels great in the long run.

Meanwhile, they get their pleasure now, but it's ultimately empty and unsatisfying.

It's sort of like the stock market!