• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF General Discussion Thread

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
And what are your thoughts on my lack of contact with my son and how it might affect our relationship in the future when hes older?

I don't have kids but I do come from a divorce family, so I can tell you that the amount of time you spend with your kid isn't the only thing. How old is he? I think the younger they are the more it is about spending actual time. The older they get, it is mostly about the quality of the time you spend with him. At least that's how it worked for me. I grew up with my dad, but mom and I were always more tight, since my father isn't really the kind of guy who likes to talk about things or show emotions or anything like that...

But still, my heart goes out to the marriages I feel would be legit if it weren't for the suffering of the laws. I can't imagine the world crumbling from letting something beautiful happen like marriage, but dark people do rather enjoy abusing people kindness as a weakness. Always a huge pet peeve of mine.

I don't think the question really is about the law. I can see that church has basically good reasons for not approving gay marriages, and I don't think the church should be made to approve this if it is against their morals or teaching. It is about traditions and faith for them and if they don't believe that gays should marry, then that's it. BUT, legally it should be all good for gays to get married and have all the same benefits and obligations as a hetero couple. It is only fair that there is legally the same rights for all people, but, the church is a different thing... If I want to go to a catholic church and drag a statue of buddha there, they would object it for the same reason.

And, I don't think for a moment that giving gays the right to marry would send pedophiles marching on the streets claiming their rights. I mean, they must on some level realize that what they do is wrong...

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
We were watching a film with Peter Fonda in it. And he made the comment that Fonda wasn't a very good actor, that he just lacked that "spark."

Whoa! NF talk coming from him?

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about when say I sense someone's spirit!" I said.

It's really frustrating for me to watch movies because of this. I always see when the act is fake and the actor isn't really feeling the feeling he's supposed to be feeling. I can't enjoy most of the movies the way "normal" population does...

heart

heart on fire
And, I don't think for a moment that giving gays the right to marry would send pedophiles marching on the streets claiming their rights. I mean, they must on some level realize that what they do is wrong...

I don't think the slipperly slope arguement is a good reason to block same sex marriage but it is true that other groups will try to use it as leverage for their preferences and it will be up to society to prevent it. Many pedophiles do not tend to think that what they do is wrong. They have a mental/emotional immaturity that prevents them from having proper perspective, otherwise they would fixate their sexual drives on adults and leave children alone to begin with.

There have been some recent studies put out by pro-pedophile PHds that try to claim that intergenerational sex isn't harmful to children. Google and I am sure they'll come up. They'd like to convince the rest of us of this as well.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
If they are human enough to see what they do to the child, they should have regrets... I don't know, maybe they are not.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hm. I hadn't even put the church into this at all.. since I feel the EXACT same way. You can't make any religion that isn't doing anything illegal violate their beliefs. I had meant legal marriages, like through the Justice of the Peace and such.. not a church marriage.. that'll always be impossible.

With pedophiles, I DON'T think they believe they're doing anything wrong. If they did, why would they do it? It's a heavy thing to go through an act so typically seen as wrong and such.. but with organizations such as NAMBLA existing, I can't think that they believe it's wrong.

That out of the way.. To base one law on sexual preference.. wouldn't that be the push organizations like NAMBLA would need to start trying to amend laws to allow themselves to go through with what THEY prefer sexually? .. I don't think that's totally baseless. In my head, you'd just put "Only gays kthnx" on the law and it'd be fine.. but really, once one major law is pushed through, it makes way for several other things as well doesn't it?

.. I wonder what Jack Flak would have to say on all this >.o Oh well! His fault not being an NF.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If they are human enough to see what they do to the child, they should have regrets... I don't know, maybe they are not.

That's like saying that robbers should have regrets about stealing. Unfortunately, usually the only thing they ever regret is if they get caught.

(YES I KNOW SOME REGRET IT LATER KTHNX.. But I also know a LOT of them never do.)

heart

heart on fire

They weren't gelled right, part of them remains hung up in childhood themselves, hasn't reached proper perspective. Without the right perspective to see their own actions they cannot reach the state of having regrets.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Right. It seems there's little as dangerous as an adult with the mind of a child.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I had meant legal marriages, like through the Justice of the Peace and such.. not a church marriage.. that'll always be impossible.

They have big argument in Lutheran church here over this issue. It seems like they will approve church marriage for gays. There might be some "sect" of the church starting as an opposition to this. But, yeah, maybe catholic church is a different case...

With pedophiles, I DON'T think they believe they're doing anything wrong. If they did, why would they do it?

They have urges they cant fight? It's a bit hard for me to imagine how they might see it. Is it the same for them as jaywalking is for me? "Nobody's watching so why not?"

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Natural and Positive law? Necrophilia?! NAMBLA?!?! :shocking: When I saw "General Discussion" I thought it would be about this year's Superbowl halftime show or something. Evidently I was wrong...

Personally I don't see how there is any comparison between mutual homosexual relationships and pedophilia or necrophilia or what have you. I just don't get it. It seems more like an excuse to not let gays marry than an actual plausible social concern.

heart

heart on fire
They have urges they cant fight? It's a bit hard for me to imagine how they might see it. Is it the same for them as jaywalking is for me? "Nobody's watching so why not?"

Reading about what is known about it, it is their own immature sexuality that causes the urges to begin with. It feels normal and natural to them, hence they have a hard time seeing anything wrong with it. They think they are showing affection and positive attention to the child. They really have a distorted view of what's natural.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
.. I wonder what Jack Flak would have to say on all this >.o Oh well! His fault not being an NF.

Jack Flak said:
Yeah, I love NFs since they are so fluffy; their general discussion turned to child abuse in an instant.

:devil:As usual, I faked that quote...

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Personally I don't see how there is any comparison between mutual homosexual relationships and pedophilia or necrophilia or what have you. I just don't get it. It seems more like an excuse to not let gays marry than an actual plausible social concern.

Yes, this is exactly what I should have said. (You know, when sometimes the IDEA of what you want to say is obvious to you, but you don't find the way to say it)

heart

heart on fire
I see it different. It is plausible that other groups will try to use the passage of same sex marriage to promote their agendas with, but it is up to society to set limits on this. It's a valid concern but not a valid reason to deny gay marriage.

We're trained to think in such either or terms and sometimes life just isn't either or.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
So it is about society having fear that society doesn't know where to set the limit?

heart

heart on fire
So it is about society having fear that society doesn't know where to set the limit?

It is a persuasion tact. If they can get someone to admit that it is logical that other groups with nefarious agendas might use same sex marriage as a springboard for their own agendas, then people will say "well, then this same sex marriage is a bad idea because it gives an opening to these other groups."

Then a person either has to deny the possibility that these groups would use the issue or they have to say okay no same sex marriage.

But these are not the only two choices yet people allow the media to frame the questions of every single debate that faces us and allow their minds to be trained to focus in on "It's A or B" type choices.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I see it different. It is plausible that other groups will try to use the passage of same sex marriage to promote their agendas with, but it is up to society to set limits on this. It's a valid concern but not a valid reason to deny gay marriage.

We're trained to think in such either or terms and sometimes life just isn't either or.

It's a valid concern that the groups will try to use it as leverage, yes, but it is not a concern that they will be able to come up with any reasonable and comparable arguments to make any real political or social progress. I also can't imagine that enough of the general population would support, for example, a group like NAMBLA and it's agenda in the greater sense of the law... it's just way too much of a niche. I don't think it is a real issue at all, and as you said, certainly not enough to deny gay marriage.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
But these are not the only two choices yet people allow the media to frame the questions of every single debate that faces us and allow their minds to be trained to focus in on "It's A or B" type choices.

Well, it is always best for the people with majority support to use this strategy.

heart

heart on fire
It's a valid concern that the groups will try to use it as leverage, yes, but it is not a concern that they will be able to come up with any reasonable and comparable arguments to make any real political or social progress. I also can't imagine that enough of the general population would support, for example, a group like NAMBLA and it's agenda in the greater sense of the law... it's just way too much of a niche. I don't think it is a real issue at all, and as you said, certainly not enough to deny gay marriage.

Many people can be massively swayed through TV and fiction to let go of that which previously was considered taboo, it takes time though.
Many people will also listen to what anyone considered to be an expert says. That which is unreasonable can be accepted by many people if one is able to sandwich it convincingly in between two layers of reasonbility. They grasp the truth and cannot let go of the chafe in between.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
...And this is the only reason we go to school for so long time. To not let the Man get us.