User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    And what are your thoughts on my lack of contact with my son and how it might affect our relationship in the future when hes older?
    I don't have kids but I do come from a divorce family, so I can tell you that the amount of time you spend with your kid isn't the only thing. How old is he? I think the younger they are the more it is about spending actual time. The older they get, it is mostly about the quality of the time you spend with him. At least that's how it worked for me. I grew up with my dad, but mom and I were always more tight, since my father isn't really the kind of guy who likes to talk about things or show emotions or anything like that...

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    But still, my heart goes out to the marriages I feel would be legit if it weren't for the suffering of the laws. I can't imagine the world crumbling from letting something beautiful happen like marriage, but dark people do rather enjoy abusing people kindness as a weakness. Always a huge pet peeve of mine.
    I don't think the question really is about the law. I can see that church has basically good reasons for not approving gay marriages, and I don't think the church should be made to approve this if it is against their morals or teaching. It is about traditions and faith for them and if they don't believe that gays should marry, then that's it. BUT, legally it should be all good for gays to get married and have all the same benefits and obligations as a hetero couple. It is only fair that there is legally the same rights for all people, but, the church is a different thing... If I want to go to a catholic church and drag a statue of buddha there, they would object it for the same reason.

And, I don't think for a moment that giving gays the right to marry would send pedophiles marching on the streets claiming their rights. I mean, they must on some level realize that what they do is wrong...

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    We were watching a film with Peter Fonda in it. And he made the comment that Fonda wasn't a very good actor, that he just lacked that "spark."

Whoa! NF talk coming from him?

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about when say I sense someone's spirit!" I said.
    It's really frustrating for me to watch movies because of this. I always see when the act is fake and the actor isn't really feeling the feeling he's supposed to be feeling. I can't enjoy most of the movies the way "normal" population does...

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    And, I don't think for a moment that giving gays the right to marry would send pedophiles marching on the streets claiming their rights. I mean, they must on some level realize that what they do is wrong...
    I don't think the slipperly slope arguement is a good reason to block same sex marriage but it is true that other groups will try to use it as leverage for their preferences and it will be up to society to prevent it. Many pedophiles do not tend to think that what they do is wrong. They have a mental/emotional immaturity that prevents them from having proper perspective, otherwise they would fixate their sexual drives on adults and leave children alone to begin with.

There have been some recent studies put out by pro-pedophile PHds that try to claim that intergenerational sex isn't harmful to children. Google and I am sure they'll come up. They'd like to convince the rest of us of this as well.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

If they are human enough to see what they do to the child, they should have regrets... I don't know, maybe they are not.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hm. I hadn't even put the church into this at all.. since I feel the EXACT same way. You can't make any religion that isn't doing anything illegal violate their beliefs. I had meant legal marriages, like through the Justice of the Peace and such.. not a church marriage.. that'll always be impossible.

With pedophiles, I DON'T think they believe they're doing anything wrong. If they did, why would they do it? It's a heavy thing to go through an act so typically seen as wrong and such.. but with organizations such as NAMBLA existing, I can't think that they believe it's wrong.

That out of the way.. To base one law on sexual preference.. wouldn't that be the push organizations like NAMBLA would need to start trying to amend laws to allow themselves to go through with what THEY prefer sexually? .. I don't think that's totally baseless. In my head, you'd just put "Only gays kthnx" on the law and it'd be fine.. but really, once one major law is pushed through, it makes way for several other things as well doesn't it?

.. I wonder what Jack Flak would have to say on all this >.o Oh well! His fault not being an NF.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If they are human enough to see what they do to the child, they should have regrets... I don't know, maybe they are not.
    That's like saying that robbers should have regrets about stealing. Unfortunately, usually the only thing they ever regret is if they get caught.

(YES I KNOW SOME REGRET IT LATER KTHNX.. But I also know a LOT of them never do.)

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

They weren't gelled right, part of them remains hung up in childhood themselves, hasn't reached proper perspective. Without the right perspective to see their own actions they cannot reach the state of having regrets.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Right. It seems there's little as dangerous as an adult with the mind of a child.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I had meant legal marriages, like through the Justice of the Peace and such.. not a church marriage.. that'll always be impossible.
    They have big argument in Lutheran church here over this issue. It seems like they will approve church marriage for gays. There might be some "sect" of the church starting as an opposition to this. But, yeah, maybe catholic church is a different case...

With pedophiles, I DON'T think they believe they're doing anything wrong. If they did, why would they do it?
    They have urges they cant fight? It's a bit hard for me to imagine how they might see it. Is it the same for them as jaywalking is for me? "Nobody's watching so why not?"

MBTI
    infp

Natural and Positive law? Necrophilia?! NAMBLA?!?! When I saw "General Discussion" I thought it would be about this year's Superbowl halftime show or something. Evidently I was wrong...

Personally I don't see how there is any comparison between mutual homosexual relationships and pedophilia or necrophilia or what have you. I just don't get it. It seems more like an excuse to not let gays marry than an actual plausible social concern.