ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No.

MBTI
    INFP

There you go runnin' off at the mouth again SH!

I used to have a high-stress job and sometimes on the drive home I'd scream to relieve tension. One day after work I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the woman behind me, a very self-contained, quiet and efficient social worker had her mouth wide open in an apparent bellow.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Am I the only NF who talks to himself - uh - when they're angry enough to dump on someone else?
    I talk a lot to myself when I'm angry. I also go through discussions that have made me mad and think about how I should have done or said. Or I might imagine the next discussion with the annoying person and think up the best ways to get my point across (or insult them).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

She couldv'e been yawning.

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, she coulda been. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    She couldv'e been yawning.
    And from her perspective, Anja could have been singing:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Hv0tsvpyU"]Cannibal Corpse[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP

Hee. Now that I think about it, that's probably what I was doing, after all. Singing. Yeah. Singing.

I was reading in a couple of debate threads tonight and wondering why they strike me as stilted. And it came to me:

When I was in college taking classes to teach me how to be a teacher (which, by the way don't help much in the long run. Learning by doing is better, for me.) Anyway. I remember thinking that people who spend a lot of time telling people what they shouldn't believe are as tiresome to me as people who collar me on the street and tell me what I should believe.

Walk into a classroom full of kids and presenting yourself as the ultimate authority and that you are going to prove to them why they are misguided (read dumb) is a good way to close every ear in the room pronto. And probably also to have a tough time maintaining any semblance of learning atmosphere.

People, and as I remember students usually fit into that category, like to present their ideas and have them considered with respect. So do teachers, by the way. So how does anybody learn anything by being told they are wrong? As I remember, they usually don't.

That's what bums me out about debate. It's an interesting art form and some do it very well, probably to keep their brains well exercised and limber, but I doubt that anyone is ever converted, pro or con, by attempts to prove superiority over them.

MBTI
    INFP

Nolla, I just came back to watch the whole video.

No, that wasn't what my decompressing looked like. That was what the job looked like!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

That's what bums me out about debate. It's an interesting art form and some do it very well, probably to keep their brains well exercised and limber, but I doubt that anyone is ever converted, pro or con, by attempts to prove superiority over them.
    Reasoning as a way to prove yourself superior. I guess I haven't thought about it like that. I know I do it myself sometimes. I value some of my own ideas enough to make them part of me. Then it will be like I was defending myself and not my ideas. It helps when you think about how improbable it is you could have a unique idea...

Nolla, I just came back to watch the whole video.

No, that wasn't what my decompressing looked like. That was what the job looked like!
    You watched the whole video?! I guess I'll have to watch it too...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I talk a lot to myself when I'm angry. I also go through discussions that have made me mad and think about how I should have done or said. Or I might imagine the next discussion with the annoying person and think up the best ways to get my point across (or insult them).
    SO Glad to know this is a lot more common than I originally thought.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge