User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'd like to see the video you offered which shows how they recorded the music with the trumpets outside of the church, Peguy.
    Well it's not the actual recording of the album. Rather a church decided to incorporate music from the album into their own Christmas service, and this is their performance of that hymn. It gives you an idea of how this was done back when it was originally performed in the 1600's.

[youtube="BFW8rR4MZ_U"]In dulci jubilo, Michael Praetorius, CCBNY Christmas 2007[/youtube]

Doesn't look like they placed the trumpets outside the church, but they still followed Praetorius' instructions to have them at the back of the church.

Later today, if you aren't busy?
    Maybe, although I might be busy.

Sniffles

Btw Anja, here's their performance of the other hymn from that album I showed you :

[youtube="AneIdDFuLP4"]Vom Himmel hoch, da komm ich her[/youtube]

MBTI
    INFJ

I sometimes think that people who are rigidly fixed in the "scientific" fail to notice all the obvious truths which play out in the world all around us. And being "big picture" people it seems to me that we can see both sides - the spiritual and the mental, whereas they only see the mental.
    Yeah, I always found it strange that people assume that our 5 senses are able to tell us everything that is worth knowing in this universe. Seems kind of arrogant.

"I can't see, smell, feel, hear, or taste it, so how could it possibly exist!?" _
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks, Peguy! Beautiful music. It just totally fills the room. And as I said before, so very uplifting.

That's my ISTJ husband, wedekit, and is it ever a source of irritation for me. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen. This weekend I told him that we needed to put some dead leaves on a bed of perennials because they had winterkilled last year.

He said, "They did not!"

"Um, Dear. I had to go to the greenhouse and replace them this Spring. That's why the flower bed looks so healthy." Guess he didn't see me do that?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks, Peguy! Beautiful music. It just totally fills the room. And as I said before, so very uplifting.

That's my ISTJ husband, wedekit, and is it ever a source of irritation for me. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen. This weekend I told him that we needed to put some dead leaves on a bed of perennials because they had winterkilled last year.

He said, "They did not!"

"Um, Dear. I had to go to the greenhouse and replace them this Spring. That's why the flower bed looks so healthy." Guess he didn't see me do that?
    Lol, funny story! I tend to take a cautious "innocent until proven guilty" approach to spiritual matters. I tend to play with the idea that it's true, rather than totally dismissing it with a "bah-humbug!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

I had a ton of Lutheran education, got fed up with organized religion and bounced around forever with ideas of atheism, agnosticism, spiritual discontent. And finally I found what works for me.

Everyone pretty much has to do that for themselves, I think. And the lucky ones are the ones who can plug into a church and find contentment there.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Peguy, you're kind of interesting because it seems to me that you straddle both worlds with some balance.
    I totally agree about Peguy and try never to miss his posts, partly because balance is something I aspire to, but never seem to achieve.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, they say a lot INFJs mistaken themselves for INTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    I totally agree about Peguy and try never to miss his posts, partly because balance is something I aspire to, but never seem to achieve.
    Ahhh.....you speak too highly of me.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

So, how many of you NFs are atheists or agnostics?

I get this strong feeling that I may be one of the select few.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles