User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Sniffles

Getting back to Anja's comment; I do find it odd how often I'm able to "straddle" both worlds; or rather argue with the NTs on their own ground. I even point out the logical fallacies within their arguments.

I guess that's a result of being INFJ - who usually are the most Thinking of the NFs.

Oh well, I don't sticking up for my fellow NFs when the NTs get on your cases.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    And others, too, Peguy. And situations.

That doesn't mean liking it or not trying to change it. But ultimately developing a sense of reality, that, in the moment, things and people are what they are. That is soothing to me.

Common parlance would put it:

Suck it up!
    Just last night elsewhere I was arguing about the difference and relationship between Accepting love and Transforming love. Accepting love is about self-acceptance and Im sure you know what transforming love means as well. You need a proper balance of both, but nowadays we have an insane bias towards the latter in many respects.

As theologian William F. May noted: "Accepting love, without transforming love, slides into indulgence and finally neglect. Transforming love, without accepting love, badgers and finally rejects."

MBTI
    INFP

Interesting thoughts.

You're leaving me in the dust with the terminology, though.

My days of studying philosophy are long past, even though I believe what I read and pondered helped me to create a comfort with myself.

And, as we are dong, people make good "books."
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Sniffles

Oh sorry. I didn't mean to overwhelm with the terms, I just wanted to give a full perspective on the issue.

Sniffles

Hey Anja, thanks for the interesting coversation last night. Let's do it again!

MBTI
    INFP

I'd like to see the video you offered which shows how they recorded the music with the trumpets outside of the church, Peguy.

Later today, if you aren't busy?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I guess that's a result of being INFJ - who usually are the most Thinking of the NFs.
    Hmm, gonna have to disagree with you here, champ.

All of us have different ways in which we express our thoughts, some of us express our thoughts well, others... not so much.

It *really* isn't based on type, though.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

What would you say it's based on, CC?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'd like to see the video you offered which shows how they recorded the music with the trumpets outside of the church, Peguy.

Later today, if you aren't busy?
    Ditto.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It would loosely be based on: The more you think in general, including intro/outro/intraspectively thinking as well as critical thinking, and the more willing you are to ponder, juggle and at times reconcile difficult and *personally* challenging material.

In short, the more you choose or desire to actively think about things, the better thinker you will then be.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles