User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INFP

My new secret nickname for you - The Straddler!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Sniffles

Anja I agree with you, NTs have the bad habit of only seeing half the picture. If you bring up the other half, they often try desperately to avoid it, dismiss it, or shut down the discussion altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Peguy, you're kind of interesting because it seems to me that you straddle both worlds with some balance.
    Thank you.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Or maybe they figure they'll just leave all that nonsense up to the people that already grasp it better and stick to what they're good at? .. I get that sort of mindset occasionally.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

But my question, then becomes - "So, if you love knowledge so much, why aren't you interested in finding out more about something you don't understand?"

There's so much of that intense need to prove they are "right." And discomfort with ambiguity.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Well, yeah. That's how it is.

So why does that disturb me so much?

Thinking. . .

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Feeling. . .
    Corrected.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Honestly, I wish I were more thinking. I could easily and readily accept things for the way they are, instead of getting this idealistic glimmer in my eye. I'm the sort of person that someone says "We need to move this." and I move it without ever realizing it's 3 times my size. In the negative side of things.. When something isn't the way I want it to be, I can be rather selfish and offended by it because my emotions tell me that that isn't right... instead of merely taking a neutral stance.

In the end, I wouldn't be as fiery and upbeat with a T... but I would be more managable and easier to deal with.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

I've had to work quite a bit on acceptance and still have a lot of work in that area. But it does give me peace of mind.

It seems in some ways that Tees have it easier because once they decide what is correct they're home free.

Sniffles

That's true, you have to be willing to accept yourself. Thats a major key to life.

Heck I used to beat myself up for not being as skillful in terms of analyizing certain topics in the way that many Ts(especially INTPs) are able to. These thoughts still creep up, but now I accept the fact that I have my own unqiue INFJ way of approaching issues effecting the world.

MBTI
    INFP

And others, too, Peguy. And situations.

That doesn't mean liking it or not trying to change it. But ultimately developing a sense of reality, that, in the moment, things and people are what they are. That is soothing to me.

Common parlance would put it:

Suck it up!