User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: ENFP Females.

  1. #41
    Senior Member Array chris1207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008


    I can relate to the concept of "fuck you I'm gonna be me". I have a friend like that about everything. He doesn't give a damn about the 25 foot smoking law we have here. For me, this rule only applies to actual social interactions. I sure do hate ppl complaining about who I am.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

  2. #42
    RETIRED Array CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007


    Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    I think that's dangerous. The uniqueness in everyone already, but that "Fuck you, I'm going to be me" mentality is the variable, so others' uniqueness can be less visible.
    I think you are a thoughtful ENFP.

    Just to clarify, I'm not advocating vying for the spotlight or talking over others or making the world into an audience (I'll save that for the ESXPs, har har).

    I think with everyone's unique gifts and strengths, a complementary chemistry can be achieved where you're not steam rolling over others and making people conform. That's actually one of the goals of such brazen individuality.

    It's very possible to be ourselves and also let others be themselves. In fact, as far as ENFPs go, that's also a trademark of the personality type, an open-mindedness and 'let everyone live' mentality.

    However, I think people's first priority is to figure themselves out and honor themselves. Only then can you truly appreciate individuality and autonomy and actually really be with the world effectively.

    As another example, as an extrovert, I don't think you have to pretend to be introverted because others around you are introverted. In fact, I think there's definitely something to be said for an extrovert/introvert dynamic in group relations as well as friendships.

    Seriously though, I haven't met many ENFPs myself but just thinking of myself and a few You Tube ENFP descriptions (assuming we're all 'really' ENFP), we're also the most introverted extrovert and while I think introversion/extroversion levels greatly affect the 'kind' of ENFX you are, it REALLY distinguishes ENFPs from one another. I think it also depends on your level of Fe? ENFP as a type doesn't have to have a high (or low) level of Fe, it's Ne/Fi/Te/Si that are the 4 functions that determine if you get in the club.

    I'd guess those who cultivate higher Fe or can mimic Fe well are more considerate of the group vibe and making sure everyone is comfortable i.e. not overwhelming them?

    Buuuuut...LOLOLOL, I think the trademark of an ENFJ is being a bit firecrackery or standing out and being a social leader or 'boss'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux


  3. #43
    `~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008


    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Well, I am wondering if all ENFP's are really that in your face full of energy and bursting with shine that they seem crazy, or is it just the female ones?

    I asked my friends this and they commented that I can also be a bit overwhelming too, but not all the time.

    The only reason I ask this, is because I really do not wish to come off that strong or really leave that powerful of an immpression on anyone.

    Anyway, how do ENFP's come off after a first impression? This would be cool to hear about because you never know how you look through other peoples eyes.
    This really all depends on the ENFP, the particular mood they're in and the circumstance in which you first meet them.

    When I am in an exuberantly happy mood, people tend to love me upon first meeting me.

    When I am in an intense, passionate, value-driven intellectual mood, I can certainly come off as WAY TOO INTENSE!!!

    My moods, my thoughts, my inner being, so to speak, are readily apparent in my outward expressions. The only things I can "conceal" are disapproval and sadness via silence, (sometimes).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ENFP women seem to naturally cycle between manic and "depressive" (calm, contemplative), but not in the problematic disorder way, in a good way. I like being around them.
    Very perceptive, and very true.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Very often, strangers assume I'm a nice quiet girl. At some point, however, maybe during a card game, or if someone mentions Shostakovich, my crazy self comes out full swing and people are shocked. It's usually a positive thing, though, and they just start laughing, but that intense barely contained energy you described is probably how I come off too. Scary, isn't it?
    Same here, I can be, and often am, surprise, surprise, quiet and contemplative during many types of run-of-the-mill social interactions. But once I become engaged in a particular topic, and hence excited, my energy level skyrockets and I become intense^10.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    You say the right trigger word, or catch them in the right mood, and you have a shining beacon of energy in your midst
    Lol, so true!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    They will go nuts if you dump them though.

    I really don't know what you are talking about, dear.

    Quote Originally Posted by littledarling View Post
    My best friend is an ENFP. I have been told by a few people that she is just too overwhelming, and if someone were to try and compete for attention with her, she'd win, no doubt.
    Compete for attention, the very thought makes me sick.

    Attention for attention sake is ridiculous in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Crazy eyes: intense, watchful, a little angry, a little tense. Like they've got a coiled up spring inside.
    Crazy eyes check list:

    Intense: check

    Watchful: check

    A little angry: depends on if I am a little angry

    A little tense: totally depends

    Like they've got a coiled up spring inside: triple-check

    This is usually when they're feeling insecure or uncomfortable which is a lot of the time unless they're with friends.
    I am rarely with friends and don't need their company to feel either secure or comfortable.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Even when I had bad days at work I tended to be very cheery when greeting people and I always maintained a very sweet exterior in the workplace no matter what. If I couldn't do my job to it's full ability, I wouldn't show.
    When I am at work, regardless of my mood, I always get my job done, that is easy-peasy, but I am NOT good at concealing a bad mood or my distaste for a distasteful customer. This is why working in the service industry can be difficult for me.

    I like to be alone when I am in a crappy mood for fear of infecting others with it, and I am also ass-bad horrible at, and absolutely hate, putting on a .

    But I tend to be pretty bubbly overall.
    Interestingly enough, I am not really bubbly, effervescent at times, yes, but bubbly no. I think I may be too masculine or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't generalise because I only know one confirmed ESFJ, but I am quieter around her. She seems really competitive. My other colleagues have noticed it as well. (I don't know if this is just her, or if it's a typical trait in ESFJs). When she gets all competitive, I just back off and calmly let her take centre stage. My more introverted side comes on and I might quietly sit and analyse the meanings behind some of the things she's saying.
    Whenever in the company with someone who obviously craves center-stage, I go mute, I just let them have the floor because I could really care less.

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I noticed that too about ENFPs... people will not really hangout with them a lot unless they are N's. Every ENFP girl I've met in person(3), I still hang out with, and there's definitely a connection. It's really easy to talk between each other, neither of us have to worry about what we're saying, it's like all guards and barriers are dropped. I'd say I could see myself dating one of them[or any ENFP] in a heartbeat cause they are so chill, and the ones I've met would say vice versa. Interesting how they get along so well.
    S types love me, and I am constantly searching for Ns irl, but to no avail :sad:

    My best friend is an INTP but she lives in NYC and my other close friend is an ISTP (I think) and he lives in Rwanda.

    So, to comment on your statement, "I noticed that too about ENFPs... people will not really hangout with them a lot unless they are N's."

    I think it is the other way around.

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I feel for the female doctor you mentioned Angry and ENFX and possibly ENTP females for being "too much".

    That's been a constant pebble in my shoe, feeling I have to tone myself down to match other people.
    Especially if I feel the others are dragging me down with their dullness, conformity, timidity, and general lameness etc. Yeah, I said it, and with all the grace of a 12 year old.

    Then again, I also hold myself back with my own reservations and fears.

    But ENFX gotta be full on 100%, cramping on style is not good for our souls! It's not even like we have ulterior motives (when we're healthy and mature) -- I honestly just want people to be right with the world and be free to be themselves, I like people to be happy and to be with the world. Seriosuly what's so wrong with that?

    I used to get A LOT of shit and bullying and unkind comments and treatment from both children and adults as I was growing up for being full on me, or doing my damndest to try and not be knocked down, and I am OUTRAGED at those people [collectively] now that they thought they had the right to deprive me of my basic human right to be me and live a happy life. Who do their lame asses think they are???

    I think if you are ENFX, and have this strong ego and sense of 'moral imperative/divine justice' (maybe moreso if you are ENFP than ENFJ? that everyone has the right to be themselves and flourish and contribute to the world unfettered), there is a BRAZEN almost flippant or sub/consciously 'fuck you I'm gonna be me' current buzzing somewhere in the baseline of all the warm fuzzies that make us up. I think that can also contribute to us seeming 'intense' or coming on strong?.

    When I feel imposed upon, I either silently resist, or oppose quite fiercely.

    I hate feeling stifled too, so often I feel as though I have to bite my tongue, and I hate that. :steam:

    If I don't like you and you set off my Fi alarm in a bad way....
    Last edited by SillySapienne; 10-23-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: my dog ate my gerund
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #44
    EvanTheClown (ETC) Array Clownmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008


    Wow Captain, you just encompassed the whole thread into one post. Good form, m'lady. Good form.

    Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

  5. #45
    Senior Member Array swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007


    enfp females

  6. #46
    Senior Member Array Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008


    CC and CC both rock at the ENFP descriptions.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] ENFP Female + ISTJ male-How to make it work
    By SPARKles in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFJ and ENFP Females: What do you Hate/Like about them?
    By CocoB in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP (females esp), please share your insights!
    By JoyOfTraveling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
  4. [ENFP] Male ENFP + Female INFJ = ?
    By Mr.Dude in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 04:58 AM
  5. [ENFP] Helping an ENFP female get past rape...
    By Dali in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts