• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Shit, now that I am thinking about it...

We, NFs, sensual beings as we just so happen to be, are just naturally born lovers, you know?

In the sex/sensuality/seduction departments, we pwn NTs big time.

:)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It's a beautiful thing to just WANT without having to justify your desires with a thesis.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Hell, I'll let him write a thesis; it's kind of funny when they don't know how to just feel the love when you do. Then they get all confused and a little flustered, and it's kind of cute to mess with them a little while they're like that.
I know some NTs that don't really know how to take playful flirtation, and it's almost adorable. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You know what's cute? When they're hurt, and instead of using big-boy communication, they grunt OOH AARGH irrational bitch! URGH OOMPH and retreat to their cave, swinging their spiked club.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what's cute? When they're hurt, and instead of using big-boy communication, they grunt OOH AARGH irrational bitch! URGH OOMPH and retreat to their cave, swinging their spiked club.

hahhahaahahahahah!!!!! :D OMG!!! Seriously!!!! You crack me up, but it's so true!!!!!!

Shit, now that I am thinking about it...

We, NFs, sensual beings as we just so happen to be, are just naturally born lovers, you know?

In the sex/sensuality/seduction departments, we pwn NTs big time.

HELL YEAH!!! :D

Wait, is this something to be proud of? Oh, shit, yeah it is!!! :happy2:

It's a beautiful thing to just WANT without having to justify your desires with a thesis.

Amen to that!!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It's unfortunate that sensors are often implicitly excluded from so many F/T discussions, because many if not most occur with an orientation to intuition due to the Keirsean grouping.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
It's unfortunate that sensors are often implicitly excluded from so many F/T discussions, because many if not most occur with an orientation to intuition due to the Keirsean grouping.

Yeah, we need to give the sensors some more love! I know some of my besties are sensors~

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Sometimes they do, but so do the other types!

I guess the thing about my husband that irritates me the most is that he would rather be "right" than be in accord. (Even when he's wrong. Heh.)

S

Sniffles

There's not much I can add onto this. Little Linguist was especially on target.

I find it irritating that NTs insist that all their thoughts are based upon logic, yet so often I find logical fallacies contained within them. Little mentioned how too often NTs criticise more how you come to a conclusion, rather than address the actual conclusion presented.

This of course is the logical fallacy of Argumentum ad logicam, which assumes that because an argument is based upon illogical grounds, ergo it must be false. A premise can still be right, even if based upon illogical grounds.

So ironically by constantly insisting on logic, NTs themselves often engage in illogical thinking. This is especially true they make make arguments that are SO logical, they literally make absolutely no sense and are completely divorced from reality.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I find it irritating that NTs insist that all their thoughts are based upon logic, yet so often I find logical fallacies contained within them. Little mentioned how too often NTs criticise more how you come to a conclusion, rather than address the actual conclusion presented.

This of course is the logical fallacy of Argumentum ad logicam, which assumes that because an argument is based upon illogical grounds, ergo it must be false. A premise can still be right, even if based upon illogical grounds.

So ironically by constantly insisting on logic, NTs themselves often engage in illogical thinking. This is especially true they make make arguments that are SO logical, they literally make absolutely no sense and are completely divorced from reality.

Precisely!!!!!

(Are you all listening, you heathens???? Yeah, I mean you, you little NT nuisances!!!)

redacted

`
I think they can be utterly obnoxious and pompous and intellectually rigid to the point of sheer absurdity.

Surely, I am not the only one who has had difficulties with NTs, please share your frustrations here.

They only really piss me off when they completely miss social cues. But it's really hard for me to watch.

When an NT is annoying the shit out of everyone around them and not noticing, I mostly just feel bad for them.

So yeah, it's not their knowledge that annoys me, it's their lack of knowledge.

NTs with well developed F functions are totally awesome, though.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
They only really piss me off when they completely miss social cues. But it's really hard for me to watch.

When an NT is annoying the shit out of everyone around them and not noticing, I mostly just feel bad for them.

NTs with well developed F functions are totally awesome, though.

:yes: Definitely true

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'll just jump in here. (BTW, this theard makes me laugh!)

That's when you tap them on the shoulder, and say "enoughs enuff". Had to do that alot with close NT friends IRL. More for thier psyhical protection, then anything else. And you have to go smooth over ruffled feathers on their behalf.
*Sigh* They'er a lot of work sometimes, and completely arrogant s*@Ts, but you know....I'd miss them if they weren't around me.
And what's with these guy's issues about INFP's. Most of the NT's(particulary INTP'S) I've met IRL
appreciate INFP's. Weird.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've enjoyed this thread. I believe I have a few words to add into the mix though.

I believe some of my family members are NTs. I love them to death. And I know that they love me, even if we don't get along the best. They often tell me that I'm too sensitive and things like that. I am sensitive. It's not something that I can change. It's something that I can grow from, and learn how to react differently towards. There's a saying that I know. "No one can help how they feel, but they can help how they react to that feeling." And we're all based upon feeling- and logic. It's to different degrees for each of us, as we're each individuals, meaning unique. (That's mainly for anyone reading this thread who may have forgotten this.) As such, we're not meant to be exactly like someone else. And what a boring and static world if we were. Carbon copies. Where's the excitement? Where's the reason for breathing? I mean, we'd more or less know what was going to happen in our daily lives anyway. What would be the point? It's nice, in my opinion anyway, that we are all different. Our differences complement each other's wonderfully. We're alike enough in the human experience to have common ground to base a relationship on, yet different enough in being individuals to be able to keep things fresh and at least a little exciting. And that's a good recipe for a relationship, any relationship. But also think about this... And yes, I'm getting this from a book. :) It's a good book. Laugh if you wish. :newwink: The Tao Te Ching. "When the Master governs, the people are hardly aware that he exists. Next best is a leader who is loved. Next, one who is feared. The worst is one who is despised." That was chapter 17. Let me point this out though. It is not based on emotion vs logic. It is based on positivity vs negativity. Anyone of any type can be despised if they use what they have in a self-serving manner. The opposite is also true. Anyone can be adored and loved if they use what they have in a manner that gives to themselves and to others as well. That is all. Thank you. :smooch:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh that is so true! My ENTP partner is ALWAYS criticising my lack of logic and totally missing the fact that my Intuition has jumped accurately to the correct conclusion. Conversely, he does not like it when I point out that his flawless rationality has led him in entirely the wrong direction! :doh:

Perhaps it would help if we pointed out to those lovely NTs in our lives that we NFs rely on Intuition more than the other temperaments, but that we fall apart when we try to justify ourselves retrospectively using their own preferred logical arguments? :soapbox:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, I just thought of another thing NTs do that drives me absolutely wild, as it runs totally counter to my NF need for harmony.

They will disagree with you even when they are actually agreeing!

For example, at the previous US election I told my ENTP partner that I thought George Dubya would get elected because the American people did not trust Kelly. He replied: "No, that's all wrong! It's like this instead: the Americans trust Dubya more, so he'll get elected instead of Kelly". He got very confused when I screamed out loud from sheer frustration. Argghhhh!!!.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Oh, oh, oh, can I finally type in this freaking private forum??? It wouldn't let me before. If Edahn can post in here, I for dang sure should be able to post.

That is all.

I'm reading this thread. It is funny.