• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Edit: Been thinking about this post. I think I'm being hypocritical here. Hmm. I don't know I'm not sure if that comment is helping things either.

You did succeed in stopping the thread. ;) The sensitive NFs don't feel good about joking anymore.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
To be totally outrageous, I believe that NT's are insecure and selfish.

They do have feelings, but it only matters that they feel good, not others.

They are also afraid of sharing their feelings because they are insecure little bitches.

/Outright lies and overgeneralizations.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
my boyfriend usually gets under my skin because he asks so many damn questions, usually about things that he already knows the answer to, just to test me.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I know a lot of NTs IRL, including my sister and my roommate, so I usually have a dandy time with them. However, while they say we see the world in rainbows and unicorns, sometimes it feels that if we don't present a MLA research anaylsis on a topic, we might as well just be talking about Bigfoot. They're loads of fun, but man, they can seem like they have such a narrow scope on what they can or want to understand because they limit it to "rational" topics. And if you out-argue them, or if you go more with philosophy than science...it just gets exhausting. And they get mad, which makes it even more exhausting.
I just wish they'd listen a bit more openly sometimes. And not to be so cynical; I mean, they're usually pretty cool but if they just heard out some more opinions and didn't make people feel like crap for having them, they'd probably widen the scope of their knowledge by so much!
(Of course, this is all for very strong T preferences)

I think we should start a thread somewhere that just encourages understanding the way the other thinks and communicates, so there's less frustration between all types. It's nice that we know what we are; now let's learn how to understand and get along better~

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think we should start a thread somewhere that just encourages understanding the way the other thinks and communicates, so there's less frustration between all types. It's nice that we know what we are; now let's learn how to understand and get along better~

GO TO HELL HIPPY! You can take that pot smoking talk about understanding and tolerance back to your nudist colony and shove it up their exposed anuses (anusi?). Don't you ever for a second doubt that NT's are better than you.

Just kidding, I got nothing but love for all my NF'ers.

Also, everyone knows that NT's suffer from HUAS (Head Up Ass Syndrome).

headUpAss.jpg

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Hehe. The extreme ones? CC, some of your post are so true to the T.

My experiences with NTs? Yes, they can be pretty rigid, depending on the person.. I mostly like them. They share an alternative view that I appreciate.

My ENTP ex/his father were pretty bull-headed. Should'a seen them at the dinner table! Boy did they pry at each other like lawyers, but they were both pretty funny/charismatic in their heated debates.

One of my closest friends is a female INTP- we get into lots of discussions. She's mostly respectful even when there's disagreement. She's a fairly balanced/mature person. I :heart: her.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
GO TO HELL HIPPY! You can take that pot smoking talk about understanding and tolerance back to your nudist colony and shove it up their exposed anuses (anusi?). Don't you ever for a second doubt that NT's are better than you.

Just kidding, I got nothing but love for all my NF'ers.

Also, everyone knows that NT's suffer from HUAS (Head Up Ass Syndrome).

headUpAss.jpg

LOL ya I'll give you that one :B

Y'know, NTs really aren't bad once they learn how to communicate effectively. Until then, though, above image definitely applies :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And what is the deal with the amount of negative energy NTs pour into trying to make NFs feel inferior?

Get some self-esteem, you insecure poo-flingers.
:yes:

:yes:

But yeah. NTs are sexy. Can we have a thread for that too?
Dammit, woman!!!

As incredibly sexy as some of these socially inept and aloof logician/pragmatist/mathlete NTs can be....

:wub:

:heart:

*slaps self*

Yeah, um, this is not the thread to be mentioning that!!!

:azdaja:

V

violaine

Dammit, woman!!!

As incredibly sexy as some of these socially inept and aloof logician/pragmatist/mathlete NTs can be....

*slaps self*

Yeah, um, this is not the thread to be mentioning that!!!

:azdaja:

^No, definitely not, (although I think every one of us has done it :laugh:) I :heart: us. We aren't getting any love over on their thread afaik!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
No, for them to admit they love us is to expose emotion and therefore weaken their arguments, and that would be like admitting that we're right!
Thus, they have to keep slamming our types into the ground.

It's almost cute how insecure they are~ Annoying when you're talking to them, but cute when you're just watching.
But the stubborn thing is just all around annoying, I think :/

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^No, definitely not, (although I think every one of us has done it :laugh:) I :heart: us.
I :wubbie: us too, and I especially :wubbie: how our :heart:s unable us from being real meanies, even when we try.

Caveat: As anyone who knows us well, including ourselves, knows, if you really get us mad/angry, like, really, that-was-the-last-straw kinda mad...

Then, oh my, we can go off and in turn make baby Jesus :cry: and have the object of our outrage, yes, even if that object happens to be an NT, be :horor: <----translation: momentarily, scared for their life!!!

We aren't getting any love over on their thread afaik!
*Goes to take a look*

V

violaine

I :wubbie: us too, and I especially :wubbie: how our :heart:s unable us from being real meanies, even when we try.

Caveat: As anyone who knows us well, including ourselves, knows, if you really get us mad/angry, like, really, that-was-the-last-straw kinda mad...

Then, oh my, we can go off and in turn make baby Jesus :cry: and have the object of our outrage, yes, even if that object happens to be an NT, be :horor: <----translation: momentarily, scared for their life!!!

*Goes to take a look*

Haha, this is so true! I scare myself if I'm ever at that point.

I bring you news from the other side... we're feeding the rampant, collective NT ego...

The Horror

:laugh: NFs FTW, we love you despite yourselves :laugh:

(I hope that it's bleedingly obvious that I'm joking around with all of this... *sigh* the jokes are never as good when you have to explain them :cry:) <---- this explanation is for the other NFs btw :laugh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
WELL, WELL, WELL!!!

Let me remind you, you NT geeks, the reason why we find you sexy, is NOT because you actually are, like, in the objective sense, (c'mon now :rolleyes:), but rather because we NF freaks, for some inexplicable reason, happen to find you and your aloof and cerebral ways to be sexy.

Now, STPs, now they are both mentally and physically sexy, so in the sexy department, they pwn you guys, BIG TIME!!!

:smooch:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
NTs get underneath my skin when they get all Fe mushy gushy on me.

It's like when you're getting a pedicure and the pedicurist starts massaging your foot and leg. Awkward, unnecessary, and painful if you're ticklish.

V

violaine

... because we NF freaks, for some inexplicable reason, happen to find you and your aloof and cerebral ways to be sexy.

Why is that? Something that needs to be explored elsewhere for sure. I think we like getting to their soft side.

tbf (arggh!) there was some grudging appreciation scattered in the NT thread a few posts back, lol.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
WELL, WELL, WELL!!!

Let me remind you, you NT geeks, the reason why we find you sexy, is NOT because you actually are, like, in the objective sense, (c'mon now :rolleyes:), but rather because we NF freaks, for some inexplicable reason, happen to find you and your aloof and cerebral ways to be sexy.

Now, STPs, now they are both mentally and physically sexy, so in the sexy department, they pwn you guys, BIG TIME!!!

There are some really freakin' awesome STPs, I'll agree with you there ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Getting under our skin is not analogous to getting inside of us.

So yeah, how 'bout them muffins. ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Why is that? Something that needs to be explored elsewhere for sure. I think we like getting to their soft side.
I can't speak for all NFs, but for me, GAH, it is precisely that, (getting to their soft side), regardless of how painstakingly difficult doing so may be, that just, errrr, yeah, gets/drives me, every time.

:blush:

There are some really freakin' awesome STPs, I'll agree with you there ;)
Hell yeah, STPs are fucking awesome!!!