• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
the only thing i can think of is applying logic where logic can't be applied (yes, its possible just like applying emotions to something logical...its just...ehh). or getting stuck in their own little logical systems and not being able to apply those systems to the real world.

now that i said that, i can understand why they do that and it generally doesn't bother me.

V

violaine

:wubbie: I shoulda known better... (er, btw, were we y'know 'exclusive' back then, um, I'll PM you ;))

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hold a handful of NTs very close in my heart and tend to see the best in them as a rule. They are healthy, mature, caring individuals who love and support me. I admire them and wish I were more like them in many ways. They are all four NT types, and include family members, loved ones, and dear friends.

One thing that disturbs me about them, however, is the way that they often seem so disconnected from others. (I'm speaking of the ones I know in person, not the online NTs. I think there's a larger population of misanthropic angsty teenage NTs online and it's unfair to judge all of them by those who post "loudest".) Even the healthy, mature ones I know seem to feel very few deep ties and emotional obligations to others. They appear to me to lack a sense of significant connection to other people. I'm not sure I'm explaining this right.

I feel as though unbreakable bonds connect me to other people: to my family, my heritage, my loved ones. I exist primarily in relationships--even relationships with my dogs. I value and honor these relationships, and will go to great lengths to preserve them even when they feel restricting or annoy me.

All the NTs I know lack this feeling. They love people and honor relationships, but it's different somehow. I think they primarily see themselves as individuals. Maybe, to them, the relationship is there to serve the individuals instead of the individuals there to serve the relationship? (I'm not sure if that's right.) To me, they seem to lead lonely existences because at the heart of it all, they are alone. In a way I admire this because they are free from obligations placed on them by others. Sometimes I wish I could be as free. At the same time, it bothers me because it appears cold and lonely and empty--and sometimes even unkind and heartless--to refuse to accept these obligations.

The fact that they lack these certain types of connections worries me and makes me very uncomfortable. I know that I am bound to these NTs with something that goes far beyond my own choice. But they are only bound to me by choice. Occasionally they do things which demonstrate that they could change that choice without damaging themselves too seriously, and then where would I be? I have placed them in the center of my heart and allowed their existence to change my own, but I sense that the primary thing at the center of their hearts is a room of ideas, thoughts, theories, and values.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww we're too nice about this, I knew we would suck at this...

I learned from the last time I started a raucous!!!! :D :devil: I figured if I did that again, someone might just set my ass on fire.

Besides, I really like the good NTs. Bad NTs blow hot steam out of their asses, but the others are really awesome. No different from any other folks.

I mean think about it. SJs with a 2 x 4 up their ass is a totally INTOLERABLE thing (think German civil servant - ughhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Or asshole who takes 20 minutes to butter a slice of bread or OCD or follows orders like a fart). Or an SP party freak weird fart who gets married five billion times or can't keep it in their pants (think Madonna). Or NFs (holy crap in a hand basket) who can manipulate and control because their just as much in control of their emotions as they are of everyone else's and use it to their advantage to undermine people. Ehhh, all types are totally MESSED UP if they are maladjusted. NTs are no exception - they might be cool and shit, but they sure as shooting aren't perfect. :cool:

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Besides, I really like the good NTs. Bad NTs blow hot steam out of their asses, but the others are really awesome. No different from any other folks.

I mean think about it. SJs with a 2 x 4 up their ass is a totally INTOLERABLE thing (think German civil servant - ughhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Or asshole who takes 20 minutes to butter a slice of bread or OCD or follows orders like a fart). Or an SP party freak weird fart who gets married five billion times or can't keep it in their pants (think Madonna). Or NFs (holy crap in a hand basket) who can manipulate and control because their just as much in control of their emotions as they are of everyone else's and use it to their advantage to undermine people. Ehhh, all types are totally MESSED UP if they are maladjusted. NTs are no exception - they might be cool and shit, but they sure as shooting aren't perfect. :cool:

:rofl1:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
And what is the deal with the amount of negative energy NTs pour into trying to make NFs feel inferior?

Get some self-esteem, you insecure poo-flingers.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The problem with NTs is that they are not all as wonderful and sweet as my NT.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG, if you want examples of maladjusted NT Internet bad-asses take a look at these NT farts - take a look at these arrogant show-offs and their little thread about how great they all are. Wa wah wah wah wah wah (the way the adults talked in the Peanuts' show). Pffft.

We can't even respond to their petty shit. Oh wait, we don't need to because it is petty shit.

They wonder why we are jealous of them. Pffft - they are jealous of us because we know what is actually important in life.

Jerk-offs.

:devil:

<end of rant, turns into sweet, charming girl again>

Carry on, folks....

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG, if you want examples of maladjusted NT Internet bad-asses take a look at these NT farts - take a look at these arrogant show-offs and their little thread about how great they all are. Wa wah wah wah wah wah (the way the adults in the Peanuts' show). Pffft.

We can't even respond to their petty shit. Oh wait, we don't need to because it is petty shit.

They wonder why we are jealous of them. Pffft - they are jealous of us because we know what is actually important in life.

Jerk-offs.

:devil:

<end of rant, turns into sweet, charming girl again>

Carry on, folks....

You did it again! :rofl1: I just opened a fortune cookie that says, "A lifetime friend shall soon be made." I think it was talking about you, because that was just awesome!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You did it again! :rofl1: I just opened a fortune cookie that says, "A lifetime friend shall soon be made." I think it was talking about you, because that was just awesome!

:devil: + :devil: --> Partners in crime!!! :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahahahaha!!!! Check it out!!!! Check it out!!!!!!!

LOL I love NTs - so predictable it hurts!!!!!!! :D

I knew it - I just *knew* it!!!!! :devil:

Take a look at them getting all personal. You say something in a jovial fashion, and they go apeshit. If they say something five times worse and insulting and we take it personally, they say, "Whhaaaaa learn how to take a joke." Which reminds me of this weird double standard some NTs have. :rolli:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
So who do you guys think would be most NF of our NFs? Who is a great example of each type?

Because, there is a lot of concentration on the unhealthy aspects of being a feeler... but who reps feeling in the right way?

We need role models. We need to be proud of our NF types.