User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    When they link you footage of a young man collapsing to his death on a soccer field with no fair warning thinking that you will not find such an image hauntingly and disturbingly disconcerting.

:sad:

I don't need to actually see a puppy getting beaten to death to know that some puppies get sadly beaten to death.

I have a vivid and at times morbid imagination, I don't need actual images to fortify what are some of the horrific truths about life.

:sad:
    Absolutely. For anyone who doesn't understand why we have an Ignore feature or a Graveyard, this is the reason.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

What irriates me about NT's.

They have to be right even if it means violating their own standards of logic to do it (which they do ALL of the time.)

okay, i was gonna bitch ... but lets just say a prayer (I'm thinking "tonglen") for those of them, who are for years or a lifetime lost in their particular mental illusion, completely disconnected

really, the only way not to kill them is to love them.

i mean, its a matter of being strong or victimizing myself by fearing that anyones lost path could turn into the mighty stream that can destroy me and all i love. even if it can.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I agree with Heart. I had a similar experience in my childhood, and still have this happen to me today. I don't understand why we have to respect their intelligence (and I so do, I find it very appealing) when they cannot respect or see the value in what we bring to the table.

Its interesting that an NT is supposedly good at the logic part and at the emotions part (as they don't let those out of their cage and therefore think they have better control over them).

Its also interesting to see what kinda mess some turn out to be when they encounter that big problem in life called 'LOVE' as you cannot reason your way out of this one. Some avoid it, others get hopelessly stuck and come out resenting love all together and become avoiders and some are lucky enough to fall for someone who will gladly help them out and actually has the necessary skills.

This all being said, this is a minority and the balanced ones are able to see the value we bring and appreciate us for it, as well as able to not fully repress their own feelings and value them which often makes them quite capable at the big thing called Love or quite adorable as they know they need help and will ask. And that is much appreciated
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Endlessly arguing over inconsequential, pedantic bullshit.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How about knowing exactly where a person's buttons are and getting satisfaction when they're all pushed at once?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    a lot don't but some really do. here's one that pisses me off:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post361653

they think they understand everything when at the end of the day they are the most socially inept group of them all. surely that's a sign.

Because all feelers know they are at the mercy of their passions.

In the words of Anatole France, life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. (paraphrasing)
    What this NT is demonstrating is his ineptitude to realize that comedy and tragedy are in actuality the same thing. This is what an NT said to me once when I myself made mention of that quote. He also said there are advantages to having feelings outright when I myself stated be glad your not emotional. If that isn't a parlance I don't know what is. It was very forthright and to the point.

I generally feel very safe and secure around an NT.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Whenever I'm around an ENTP I feel like an inferior human being due to the fact that they like to debate, and usually sound correct whenever they argue back. Their style of joking around from what I've seen of the type IRL and online also very much gets under my skin. Otherwise NTs don't really get under my skin, I guess I need to get some tougher skin for ENTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    How about knowing exactly where a person's buttons are and getting satisfaction when they're all pushed at once?
    I'd like to know the reason behind liking pushing people's buttons? This seems to be what I observe in the ENTPs I have debated with, they know exactly what to say to get an emotional response out of someone, how to strike someone deep.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    So, you're saying NTs act like 12-year-olds?
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    So, you're saying NTs act like 12-year-olds?
    That's what a lot of them seem to do, that is when they lack social skills.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)