• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dunno, yo. All the ENTPs I've met are amazingly open-minded and much more unbiased than myself.
Assuming everyone wants to be them? I'm sure INTJs are aware of their (I love you guys anyway) arsehole rep.

I just find their bluntness and hatred of sentimentality a bit off-putting. And, yes, arrogance.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I hate when they want to argue and win so bad that they make a straw man and start arguing with me about it. Twice lately I have had to stop someone and say... "this thing you are arguing against, you made it up in your own head, I did not say that." And yet he still thinks he is arguing against me and winning.

Frustrating.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It can bother me if I know that an NT holds themselves back by denying their emotions (out of fear or something). I'm sure NFs get under their skin by refusing to use our rational sides to better our own situations (maybe because of insecurity). It requires caring about each other first, though.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you. Ne humor?

Last edited:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I love their step by step logical and very thorough explanations/information sharing but when they make it into a lecture. I'm like WTF who the hell do you think you are lecturing?

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not saying all NT's are like this, but my dad, an NT, seems to be incapable of feeling anyone's feelings but his own. And just wants to argue and has a really firey temper.

But, on a positive note, he is very witty and a talented writer and musician. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thus far i havn't experienced much thats too off putting. I tend to be able to get on with them as often they stimulate my mind. Although I do find they can be cold at times, and heartless.
I feel i have a harder time with SJ's.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
maybe it's more of an NTJ thing specifically, but the NFP in me can NOT stand the "well in my experience it's true, so it must be universally applied!" thing.

for example, a conversation i had with an ENTJ bestie last week:

ENTJ: OK well clearly i was wrong and bisexuality exists but i still think it only exists in women...when i tried the whole "bi" thing, i was really just covering up for being full blown gay and so was every other gay man i know.
Me: OK well what about the last 3 men i dated? they were all bisexual...
ENTJ: well they were exceptions.
Me: you're missing the point...bisexuality either exists in men or it doesn't. if they are "exceptions" then it still clearly exists in men.
ENTJ: the only bi men i ever knew were just gay, so there might be a few exceptions but OVERALL it doesn't exist in men.
Me: wtf that's stupid. do you hear what you're saying? and do you know every bisexual man in the world? what authority do you have to claim it doesn't exist based on your few experiences?
ENTJ: what authority do YOU have to claim it does?
Me: this is what i study, Justin. (talks about numerous journal articles and paper i've read on the subject)
ENTJ: well i still think they're all just gay deep down
Me: :doh: Ugh, let's go eat.

Of course, I think he might be exaggerating the extent to which he actually believes this, but he does it anyway for...whatever reason. the sake of debate, getting under my skin, or both. With this particular ENTJ, he has the most respect for people who are willing to stand up to him by being just as much of an ass as he is, and since normally i'm the opposite he just LOOOVES to push my buttons and get me to prove i'm a big ass, too ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love their step by step logical and very thorough explanations/information sharing but when they make it into a lecture. I'm like WTF who the hell do you think you are lecturing?

Right...it's condescending too. There is this assumption you need to be lectured, as if you didn't already know this.

In response to an INTP friend I had, I would often reply "yes, I know" and "right...I get that" because it was nothing new he was spouting, and we often had a similar perspective. This seemed to annoy him, so he'd begin to attack me personally so he could win & be "right". It was odd how I either had to be taught by him or argued against - why couldn't we just discuss things without it being some intellectual competition? What's wrong with agreeing if it's genuine?