• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP b****es?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Has this exact same conversation not happened before?

Even down to the 'what's the male version of a bitch?' despite gender based insults having been established as rude and unnecessary.

I don't know, I don't remember. I do have a habit of repeating myself, though, so it isn't impossible...

Is it rude to call a wife-beater a wife-beater? :huh:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Maybe it's the Introversion.. even as an Introvert, I am often bothered if people are relatively unresponsive and only give two to three word answers.

The male version of bitch is bastard by the way.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

I meant the question a little differently. If someone calls me a bitch I would suspect he means that I am girly. In this case we can replace the "bitch" with "gay". But is that more appropriate than calling me a bitch?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In real life, it's absolutely valid to call someone out as a means of social conditioning but in real life this is always checked and balanced out with the threat of violence, legal ramifications, or isolation. But on the internet this is not the case, so cowards run free online. This is the downside of the internet.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know, I don't remember. I do have a habit of repeating myself, though, so it isn't impossible...

Is it rude to call a wife-beater a wife-beater? :huh:

That is a label of behavior, nolla, if, in fact, someone beats his wife.

It's okay, I believe, to call anyone out on their behavior.

I'm of the opinion that abusing someone, if they are in enough pain, may motivate them to take a look at themselves but I hardly see it as a humanitarian act "for their own good. To me it indicates a certain level of aggression in the person who uses it.

Even against self!

heart

heart on fire
Maybe it's the Introversion.. even as an Introvert, I am often bothered if people are relatively unresponsive and only give two to three word answers.

I thought it was asshole or jackass. :unsure:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm of the opinion that abusing someone, if they are in enough pain, may motivate them to take a look at themselves but I hardly see it as a humanitarian act "for their own good. To me it indicates a certain level of aggression in the person who uses it.

I don't actually mean "for their own good", but for the good of the people he abuses. Sure, you need to respect people, but not unconditionally. If someone behaves, lets say, very aggressively, there might not be any other option than 1) Walk away, and ignore the victim's pain 2) Confront the bully. The confrontation may work without aggression, but, if it doesn't, do you walk away?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't actually mean "for their own good", but for the good of the people he abuses. Sure, you need to respect people, but not unconditionally. If someone behaves, lets say, very aggressively, there might not be any other option than 1) Walk away, and ignore the victim's pain 2) Confront the bully. The confrontation may work without aggression, but, if it doesn't, do you walk away?

Or get punched in the nose while others let you handle it. . .:cheese:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I was just opposing your idea that aggression is negative. I would probably get punched in the nose if I did anything, so I don't know if I would. But my point is that there is humanitarian aggression, or "counter-aggression". Not all aggression is negative, it depends on the motivation and situation.

heart

heart on fire
I agree with Nola. It depends on the situation. Sometimes a person just has to get loud and dirty in this world because it is all some people will understand and the only way to gain peace and to be left alone.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm gonna hang tough on this one. Aggression is not a healthy state.

Perhaps you mean assertiveness?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I saw Straw Dogs recently: A film designed to mess with your reactionary compass.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm gonna hang tough on this one. Aggression is not a healthy state.

It's not healthy to be totally zen and get your head smacked off by some crook. Aggression is natural for certain situations.

I agree that we disagree. :yes:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Holy shit. Thanks colmena.

I'm not sure If I'm ready to stomach the movie at this hour.. but tonight...

edit: nvm, I think it's just a preview for those that aren't registered.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Holy shit. Thanks colmena.

I'm not sure If I'm ready to stomach the movie at this hour.. but tonight...

edit: nvm, I think it's just a preview for those that aren't registered.

You don't need to register. Just d/l the player.

PM/VM if you have any problems.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, I see.

(feel free to split this if you want, mods.)

Thanks again colmena. :)