• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ: Common traits I have observed.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
  • Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Very small and neat handwriting.
  • Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
  • May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
  • Intense relationship with listening to music.
  • Often vegetarians.

I close my eyes when I'm running on the treadmill. This has caused an embarassing fall only once. When I find a song that really speaks to me I listen to it over and over and over and oooover again. And every time it makes me feel...transformed. Also, I have been a vegetarian since I was 12 years old. 9 1/2 years...with a 3 year stint of veganism. But that didn't work out. I just like cheese sometimes.

V

violaine

I close my eyes when I'm running on the treadmill. This has caused an embarassing fall only once.

bwahaha, I hope you were ok and all tho...

When I find a song that really speaks to me I listen to it over and over and over and oooover again. And every time it makes me feel...transformed.

+1 My bro and sis would often bang on my bedroom door "can you stop listening to that song already?!?" haha. (Um, no, *switches to headphones*.)

lane777

nevermore
I have hated dairy, especially cheese since forever (weird quirk I KNOW).
I have neat, semi large hand writing.
Not paranoid.
Eyes open brushing teeth.
Yes, I have an intense love for the arts, especially music and dance.
I am a vegan.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes. I love milk and cheese and almost any dairy (not sour cream or cottage cheese tho)

I have really big hand writing, but for the most part its neat. Unless the professor talks fast :(

I can get pretty paranoid, but then I tell myself to snap out of it

Yea i do close my eyes a lot. But i tend to be a bit obsessed with how my hair looks all the time because it does not obey me, so I also look at a mirror a lot. (narcisisticism is my guilty pleasure :D)

I can not live a week without music. I also love listening to songs over and over again. Whatever new favorite song I had while reading a book now has that memory. Natasha Bedingfield's song Unwritten belongs to the Eragon series in my mind, and other songs to Harry Potter.

Have contemplated becoming a vegan, but my love of sports requires meat and so i couldnt do that. Plus a good steak is just too good to pass by.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^^ I have songs that, when I hear them, are associated with certain videogames :D

I actually do that with scents too, at times.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
I listen to a song an unhealthy number of times. I hear something new (message, symbolism, sounds, etc) each time that I hadn't before. I love songs that describe how I'm feeling and/or inspire me. If anyone says something that also happens to be a song lyric, the song will pop in my head. Recently, I've been trying this trick when I get paranoid about people talking about me. I think to myself, I don't care what people say... and then it never fails ....rock 'n' roll is here to stay immediately follows. It works because then I giggle to myself.

I wish my life had a soundtrack that everyone else could hear too, not just myself on my iPod. That would be awesome!

Oh yeah, the scent one is really powerful for me. Once when one of my best friends moved away I found a candle that smelled like her house and I totally bought it. :)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Definitely relate there. When I was growing up, my mom (INFJ) would sing to just about anything that reminded her of a song. Now I find myself beginning to do the same thing :B But the right song can really evoke such rich imagery and even, at times, be so powerful as to be called spiritual...
I've told people a few times that I would like to have a tape recorder that I can just record songs on and play them as theme songs of the day :B

And definitely; scent takes me back like few other things can. I can picture an entire scene and feel a sort of euphoria through scent more vividly than I can with few other things, I've found. It's different than with music, though....hard to explain.

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've been trying this trick when I get paranoid about people talking about me. I think to myself, I don't care what people say... and then it never fails ....rock 'n' roll is here to stay immediately follows. It works because then I giggle to myself.

hahahaha thats amazing! :rofl1:

I wish my life had a soundtrack that everyone else could hear too, not just myself on my iPod. That would be awesome!

Wouldn't it be amazing if life were like the movies and the perfect music would start playing out of nowhere? everything would be much more dramatic and fun :D

you start to skin potatoes

~*he's cutting potatoes, cutting potatoes, cutting potatoes with a KNIFE!*

(or something to that affect):headphne:

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
That would be basically EPIC. Like superhero theme songs or something!

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Peter on family guy had this once, it didn't work as good as he would have thought...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Peter on family guy had this once, it didn't work as good as he would have thought...

Yeah, I think of that episode everytime I think "Oh if only I had an adventurous sounding soundtrack right now." Then I conclude that it would be best if only I could hear it, but didn't need an iPod for it.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I think of that episode everytime I think "Oh if only I had an adventurous sounding soundtrack right now." Then I conclude that it would be best if only I could hear it, but didn't need an iPod for it.

Like if you were delusional and nuts. That would be perfect.

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
hahahaha thats amazing! :rofl1:

Thanks! :) I amuse myself way too much for my own good.

Wouldn't it be amazing if life were like the movies and the perfect music would start playing out of nowhere? everything would be much more dramatic and fun :D

you start to skin potatoes

~*he's cutting potatoes, cutting potatoes, cutting potatoes with a KNIFE!*

(or something to that affect):headphne:

Don't forget the choreography and the blood-curdling scream! Hahahaha! It'd be funny if you tricked the singers and suddenly stopped cutting..."He's cutting po--"...and then started again..."--tatoes..." When the number is finished, all the onlookers will drop everything and start clapping and shouting, "I say, well done! Bravo!" :popc1::happy0065:

Thunderlight

MBTI Type
INFJ
Don't forget the choreography and the blood-curdling scream! Hahahaha! It'd be funny if you tricked the singers and suddenly stopped cutting..."He's cutting po--"...and then started again..."--tatoes..." When the number is finished, all the onlookers will drop everything and start clapping and shouting, "I say, well done! Bravo!" :popc1::happy0065:

If only if only.... hehehe

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
[*]Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why? Yes! Though I doubt all INFJs do.

[*]Very small and neat handwriting. How about large and neat? And I'm a leftie.

[*]Somewhat paranoid about the larger world. If by "larger world" you mean outer space, then yes. (A gigantic meteor that is capable of destroying Earth is scary! D=)

[*]May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth. Which is usually a detriment to the task being done; but I do it anyways.

[*]Intense relationship with listening to music. I prefer books. I don't like music more than most people I know; usually it's less. When I like music it tends to be because of the lyrics and vocals and not because "their bass player is sooooo badass!" It's about the emotions it evokes, I suppose.

[*]Often vegetarians. Funny story. We had the entire staff where I work take the MBTI for training and there were three INFJs. All three of us are vegetarians and are actually the only vegetarians out of 30 people. I know not all INFJs are vegetarians, but I bet a high percentage of us at least CONSIDER it, lol. ;)

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
Yes to everything but the vegetarian...although I do have weird eating habits.

^^I'm a leftie too!

enlightened_jenn

MBTI Type
INFJ
•Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?....YES! if I don't have cheese in the house I feel like I have no food at all. I love it.

•Very small and neat handwriting.....Yes, very.

•Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.....yes, sometime too paranoid.

•May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.....yes

•Intense relationship with listening to music....very much so. I would go crazy without it.

•Often vegetarians....yes.

It really is amazing how well this description fits me, whether it is accurate for other INFJ's or not, I'm impressed.

Also, I saw where someone asked if they were typically chubby? ...and yeah, that fits me as well.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do have an unhealthy obsession with cheese... :wubbie: Gouda, brie, bleu, cheddar, swiss, colbie, I'm opened to trying any kind. Especially sharp cheese. No sandwich or burger is complete without it in my opinion and I order pizza with extra cheese. The handwriting... eh... anything but that. I have really big and sloppy handwriting... people give up because it's near impossible to decipher. Sometimes I even have trouble deciphering it.

The larger world paranoia fits to a T. Going out scares me and being in large crowds of people. I do love music and manage to relate songs to nearly everything. The part about the vegetarian... I love animals but am a huge fan of meat so no...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a lefty as well. I don't seem to display the other characteristics though. Except cheese. I love cheese of many varieties.