• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Famous historical NF's

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
In light of my avatar, I would say:

<snip>

Thomas Mann - INFP

<snip>

William Blake - INFP

According to Marie-Louise Von Franz (a student of Carl Jung), Thomas Mann is an Introverted Sensing type (Si). Also according to some Jungian (not Myers-Briggs) author, William Blake is dominantly Introverted Intuitive (Ni) with Thinking as possible auxiliary. Of course it seems weird to think of Blake as an INTJ (especially the J), but it makes sense to think of him as Ni + T (though maybe only a very small T).

Therefore, as always, it's the J/P addition by Isabel Myers that screws up the application of Jungian functions.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Vincent van Gogh was an ISFP, I think. His intuition is tertiary (however much up front)

Edit: semi-quoting from an exposition, at one point he thought it of first and foremost importance to "immerse oneself in reality again" --> Se

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lady Godiva..ENFP?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Vincent van Gogh was an ISFP, I think. His intuition is tertiary (however much up front)

Edit: semi-quoting from an exposition, at one point he thought it of first and foremost importance to "immerse oneself in reality again" --> Se

Yep, ISFP sounds about right. He was amazingly skilled.

Chloe

Oprah- Not only can she move a crowd, she is a billionaire who makes major contributions to society. She's someone I HIGHLY admire for who she is, her intentions, & how she's accomplished her goals. Amazing..

She's ENFJ, isn't she?

she's ENFJ to the core.

I also like Oprah, sometimes she is too much, but it's amazing to have such influence on so many people, without major manipulation. Ah, those ENFJs, so skilled. :blush:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this thread is proof that people will see anything to have more cool people be their type

Thomas Jefferson and Alex Hamilton ENFP? Are you kidding me? :laugh:
Isaac Newton INFP??? Double "are you kidding me?"

Everyone gets too greedy in these threads. Have some humility in knowing that not every great human has your type. Just because you admire them doesnt mean they think like you :).

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Everyone gets too greedy in these threads. Have some humility in knowing that not every great human has your type. Just because you admire them doesnt mean they think like you :).

I think INFPs get greedy, because there is such a lack of people we can relate to in "official" lists of this nature. I read some of the more established sites, and see INFP lists that are only a fourth as long as lists for other types, and I often don't even know of the people I see on those lists. The relevancy of those lists really needs to be improved upon; there can't be so few recognizable famous people or figures or characters who are INFP?

monocycle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lewis Grizzard - ENFP
Thomas Jefferson - ENFP
Alexander Hamilton - ENFP

A lot of prolific writers I would think are ENFP's who have learned to stay on task or INFP's

Jefferson is an INTJ.

theplacesyoullgo

Lewis Grizzard - ENFP
Thomas Jefferson - ENFP
Alexander Hamilton - ENFP

A lot of prolific writers I would think are ENFP's who have learned to stay on task or INFP's

Was reading through this thread and came across this, something dear and near to my heart ;) - with all due respect, I honestly can't believe anyone listed Jefferson as an E! I've yet to hear a convincing argument for him as anything but INTP (and Hamilton as ENTJ, for that matter).

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to Kiersey, the Women's suffrage movement, at least in America, was lead by ENFP's.

Joan of Arc- INFP
Ghandi- INFJ
Martin Luther King Jr. - ENFJ?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maria Callas: INFP