User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: INFP with ISTJ co-worker = PAIN

[QUOTE=eternitybc;360666]HELP! I hate my job. Well, for several reasons - one being that it's in IT (INFP as a systems analyst? No brainer why I dislike it).

What makes it UNbearable is a co-worker, who's ISTJ. Now, he was promoted to "Team Lead" over a year ago (my team lead). But I hate working with him. I feel like I'm just being a stubborn child who doesn't like being told what to do, but he just rubs me the wrong way. Constantly!

I feel with you!! I'm in the exact same situation (though working as a recruiter, but I've been a system analyst too and hated it!!!). My teamleader now is an ISTJ (yes, we did MBTI at work) and just like you describe, I feel like a rebellious child! And he is like a parent keeping track of every tiny little thing I do. He just explodes about every detail, last week he freaked out because I was 4 minutes late in the morning!! One thing that I just don't understand..why is it always XSTJ:s that become teamleaders?? Good leadership is not about controlling coworkers, when will people understand that??

I will stop whining now , but thanks for this thread and the opportunity to do so! I hope you will find a solution on how to work with your ISTJ teamlead . I just try to ignore mine..I manage to do so sometimes...

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar

One of the things you need to do (is if you think you're right and he's wrong) is to try your best to reason with him- and explain why your way works better logically rather than blowing up at him or saying nothing.
    I hate generalizing things with types but those who prefer T over F probably will listen to a logical argument.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

My best friend (INFP) has an ISTJ girlfriend and they are very compatible. She's a real couch potato for an ISTJ though. Just throwin it out there.