User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Hmm, but wouldn't you say, deep down, there are core values and a general belief of what is good and what is wrong?

Indeed those are influenced by our parents, our culture, but,

Still, when you listen to your heart, it tells you what is wrong and what is right, wouldn't this be considered the 'foundation of your personality'? The 'foundation of "me"'?
    You define a person by their conscience?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I don't know, matter of fact I don't know a lot of things.
    You don't know what?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by burkeus View Post
    You don't know what?
    "No one doesn't know" = Everybody knows "x" that's how it was translated in my mind. Maybe that's not what you meant?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    You define a person by their conscience?
    This would depend on your definition of conscience...
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ESTJ

A conscience is such a sketchy thing. I wonder if a person was born in the wilderness without human interaction or society, would he still have a conscience?

MBTI
    INFP

A conscience is such a sketchy thing. I wonder if a person was born in the wilderness without human interaction or society, would he still have a conscience?
    It's impossible to live without other people, human beings are sociable by nature...Sure the size varies every now and then but that's about it.
    Hermits are usually rejected from society or have excluded themselves by their own will or have "weird circumstances"... With no human interaction I heard that in most cases the child dies before reaching adulthood...(hm that was depressing.Wow, we are so off topic right now...>.>)He isn't even able to communicate with people if he has not been taught how to speak...I heard this in a case in economy class, we were studying "socialization".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESTJ

Sorry, I probably derailed the thread.

It just seems like saying that we put up facades means that we are hiding the true self. I'm prying for what people define as the "self."

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess.
    What I mean is, I feel, that...
    A person's values, conscience, and inner 'nature' do define a large portion of themselves.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ESTJ

I guess you could say that; we all do things for different reasons. That is definitely a valid argument.

But back on the main point, if defining the self in that way, why would a person want to hide their values from the rest of the world? I know that I hide my values and intentions. Maybe we all just want to be accepted and values tend to get in the way of that.

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess you could say that; we all do things for different reasons. That is definitely a valid argument.

But back on the main point, if defining the self in that way, why would a person want to hide their values from the rest of the world? I know that I hide my values and intentions. Maybe we all just want to be accepted and values tend to get in the way of that.
    I mean, core values.

I understand what you're saying though.

But we don't exactly have the need to share our values with people who are not close to us, or who hold no influence over us. It would almost be considered wasting our time. I assume.

What do you mean though when you say, the rest of the world?

I think what is important is... even though people do not show their values to people who hold small influence over their lives, they do tend to protect their values when they are threatened.
    - Albert Einstein