• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's and Personal Style

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
"ENFP's choice of clothes and accessories are quite characteristic especially in women. They often neglect some part of their outfit which can give a romantic and liberated feeling to their style. All ENFps dress in a way that indicates a sense of the theatrical."

I read this on socionics, and was wondering what your personal dressing styles are like? My brother claims ENFP's usually wear flamboyant clothing and accessories. Is this true for the ENFP's here? Just curious.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
small silver hoop earrings
silver chain
black t-shirt usually with no decals
blue jeans
black/silver shoes

simple, elegant, kickass.

though depending on the situation, i might wear a button-up shirt unbuttoned and those are sometimes flamboyant colored. My favorite one being a bright-ass orange one.

my personality shines through so well i could be wearing anything and get the same reactions out of people.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In a word, in my experience, female ENFPs dress "bohemian".

PS I can't describe how much I love ENFPs! :)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
AHHAHAHAHAHA!! sense of style, that's a good one.

eh. if i had more cash i would buy more clothes and create my own look or whatever. i'm both poor and lazy though so forget it :D. i just wear what i have. i make sure i don't look like a complete idiot, but i'm not being fashion forward or anything.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Depends on my mood.

Most times, people will comment on how they like the way I dress. My friends say that my style's unique. I don't follow trends. I wear what I think is cute.

In my teenage years.. I guess one could say I was pretty flamboyant.. I used to do my hair Chung Li style with cute clips/accessories and dressed somewhat like Left-Eye.. baggy jeans/platforms. Other times, I'd dress like a hippie-flower child. Yeah, I was pretty recognizable for my own individual taste.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
AHHAHAHAHAHA!! sense of style, that's a good one.

eh. if i had more cash i would buy more clothes and create my own look or whatever. i'm both poor and lazy though so forget it :D. i just wear what i have. i make sure i don't look like a complete idiot, but i'm not being fashion forward or anything.

Ditto.

My look:

1. Clean short haircut
2. 1 week old stubble (always)
3. nondescript solid color shirt
4. Loose jeans or slacks
5. nondescript brown shoes or black sport shoes with jeans
6. A rather elegant watch.

Thats it in a nutshell, I wear what I own (usually don't buy new clothes unless needed) and you could probably spot me from a mile off if you knew me. I try to be as casual as possible, but that damn ENFPness won't let me blend into the shadows.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ditto.

My look:

1. Clean short haircut
4. Loose jeans or slacks

Thats it in a nutshell, I wear what I own (usually don't buy new clothes unless needed) and you could probably spot me from a mile off if you knew me. I try to be as casual as possible, but that damn ENFPness won't let me blend into the shadows.

I hope your solid colored shirt isn't pink xD

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I pick up anything cool from the thrift shop. Cool shit includes colors and interesting patterns a lot of the time, such as floral ones. Pretty much anything I see that is really original is appealing, unless it's shaped really strange or something. When I dress, I indiscriminately put on a shirt and shorts/pants, and they rarely match, but sometimes they match really well. I don't like to put time into something that I consider shallow (looking good for others), but I dress to represent that belief. It's not hypocritical, really. Many ENFP's dress to look nice and take their time and I wouldn't have it any other way. But that is how they feel, I'm sure, because of their need for authenticity, a need I also fulfill. I think people get a very good idea of my laid back nature because of my lack of style.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
In a word, in my experience, female ENFPs dress "bohemian".

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh. When lounging at home or otherwise left to my default style, I wear bizzare clothing combo.s consisting of hand-me-downs from almost everyone I know (I love free clothes :alttongue:). BUT, at my 9-5 job, I wear brown or black pants, and a solid or lightly patterned top, 'cause I can't match my clothes otherwise. Oh, but they're still 75% hand-me-downs...;).

I think in many ways ENFPs are bohemians at heart. You might say we're all "Modern Nomad"s... but I'll save that for another thread.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ditto.

My look:

1. Clean short haircut
4. Loose jeans or slacks
How do you always have one week old stubble?

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Haha I get quite a few compliments on my style, and friends joke about how I'd win a Best-Dressed competition.

Personally, my style is generally professional, sleek/elegant, with attention to detail. I like quirky, unique details to add character to my outfits. They don't have to be overtly flamboyant, they could be subtle, but they have to say "ME".

Haha, I think this is because of my ENFPness in highly valuing self-expression :woot:

I take how I dress quite seriously in that I try to minimize sloppiness when I go out (unless where I'm going to calls for sloppiness - eg. a really messy day of painting).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Being a collector of clothing.. I fancy buying things that are odd, unique, and gorgeous in it's own tacky way. My wardrobe has like seperate sections. I have boys clothes (summer and winter), girls clothes (summer, winter, formal, office-worthy, and outting clothes), military clothes, my odd and beautiful collection... Though, admittably, 80% of what I own I don't wear. I'm the sort to buy it "incase I ever need it." I shop clearance a lot, so buying things out of season, or things that I might wear once or twice, is common for me. Currently, my last buys consisted of a formal gown and a matching fur coat ($35 total for both.. I love thrift stores.) incase I need a current dress for a special occasion.. and in case it's cold when I go to it. XD Seems silly, but that's me for ya'.

What I can be seen in everyday though (I dress in layers):
Camisole or tank top undershirt
Small shorts or boxers for undershorts (I end up in situations frequently where I sleep outside of my home.. so dressing with something comfortable enough to sleep in/change in/whatever is highly convenient for me.)
A large, oversized t-shirt of sorts (I love t-shirts..>.>..)
Cargo shorts or pants (I need at least four pockets to function apparently.)
Skater shoes (I'm too lazy to tie my shoes too >.o Sad, I know.)
Sometimes a hat if my hair isn't in a crazy head-high bun.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh oh...I'm starting to think kyuuei is my younger sister that I never knew about....that's how I dressed when I was her age. Now I dress a bit more formally because I'm a teacher at a professional language school 'n' all....

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
XD I could very well be. I think i dressed more professionally in elementary and middle school than I do now.. Lol

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally, my style is generally professional, sleek/elegant, with attention to detail. I like quirky, unique details to add character to my outfits. They don't have to be overtly flamboyant, they could be subtle, but they have to say "ME".

Similar!! I love the details, the accessories, although I never want them to be too matchy (like a furniture set!), but I carefully choose them to reflect my style. I love vintage, antiquey romantic accessories (shoes, hairpins, bags, whatever) that are small & subtle & often bohemian......and I always notice these details on other women whose style I admire. I view dressing as artistic expression, & I'm not all that practical, but I'll be open to practicality IF it's simultaneously cute & original to boot!

I find that my attention to detail in my dress though often gives people the impression that I'm organized in the rest of my life, which is NOT the case.

Another thing--hair for me needs to be casual & not too done, I always prefer hair to look natural, I often like other people's hair when it's growing out between styles.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm very casual. :p Shorts and a t-shirt or sometimes a dress shirt. :p Usually always sporting some sort of facial hair. Usually a soul patch, maybe with a little goatee, sideburns, or all of the above. :p

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
what i've gotten out of this thread

male enfps = generally apathetic about clothing
female enfps = omg this looks so good on me, maybe with a tinge of exotic clothing and some stunna shades. oh hell yeah. <insert other elaborate fashion style here>

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I always wear jeans and sneakers. Usually a T-shirt or a hoodie. I always match, but my styles are ALWAYS different. One day I'll dress goth, the next bohemian, the next preppy... :) It's quite enjoyable. I own probably over 50 shirts, haha. Some I haven't worn in a year but they'll get their turn one day.