• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: what makes you angry?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
1) What makes you angry?
People who block my happiness.

2) Do you get angry often?
I wouldn't say that. I get annoyed easily (or disappointed or sad or whatever), but I only get really angry about once a year. But when I'm angry, I'm really really angry.

3) How do you deal with the problem?
Revenge.

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?
Not. When I'm angry with someone, I want revenge and just a little bit revenge is not enough. It's enough when I am starting to pity the person I'm angry with.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
Nope. I'm quite normal when it comes to anger.

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
1) What makes you angry?
Arrogant blowhard know-it-alls. My theory is that is if a person happens to be smart, they should be smart enough to at LEAST not try to piss off the general public. Self absorbed people who only THINK their pain is the centre of the universe and NOTHING is their fault, they are always the VICTIM. Fake people. People who don't treat their friends well. People who look down on those who are weaker when they are pretty messed up themselves.

Despite my rant above, no. Annoyed, yes, angry, no.

Good question. I usually let off steam by talking about it with someone else.

Uhh, I do not hold grudges but since I am slow to act on my anger, it kind of accumulates for a long while. So, typically quite long.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
Not my friends! Family, maybe because none of them really understand what it is that makes me mad. Usually I don't get mad at a person's actions but the subtext of that action.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
1) What makes you angry?
Unjust, blatant and harsh insulting, unethical behavior, people who say but don't do, lies, selfishness

Yes, very.

Passive-aggression; short bursts of fury; 'road rage' ; music; time along

With most day to day frustrations- very very fast.
But with deeply frustrating things, it builds up inside and comes out passively. I hold a lot of anger.

Sometimes. I can get extremely mad for irrational reasons; for reasons that mean nothing to anyone else; or at things that are completely out of my control.

itsamusical

1) What makes you angry?
The biggest thing is definitely liars. I can't stand being lied to.

Not really. I may get annoyed kinda often, but angry? That's rare.

If I'm just annoyed I try to ignore it (I do this too much), or depending what it is I might try to discuss the problem with whoever it is that's annoyed me. It depends who it is. Another thing I'll do is bitch about it with a close friend.
However, if it's gotten to the point where I'm really angry I'll just shout, a lot. Then I'll cry afterwards a lot of the time, lol.

Well, I do usually keep it in a lot of the time, so it can build up for a while before I'll finally explode. I'm usually quick to resolve it once I've got it all out. I wouldnt say I hold grudges, unless someone's done something that really offended me-in those cases I'll usually stop talking to that person for good. That's rare.

It depends. My mum is really quite different to me, and at times she doesn't understand why certain things bother me. I'd say generally my close friends understand.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What makes you angry? The following doesn't make me feel distilled anger, but more a mix of frustration, anxiety, and at its worst despair.

Situations where I end up feeling deeply hurt, but don't see how it was avoidable or how anyone did anything 'wrong'. I get frustrated with myself for feeling so hurt and internalize anger.

Also, people who are stupid and mean, and somehow gain an advantage by a simple willingness to be hurtful in an idiotic way. I feel angry when they appear to think they were clever, when in reality there were only willing to be more stupid and short-sighted than most people. There is of course some reason they do this.

Ganging up on someone, or seeing an unfair fight strikes a chord with me. I get angry when a bunch of people think they are superior and take to group-hate-think without any desire for understanding. When I see someone participate in that I will never trust them completely no matter if they show friendliness later. Wonderful people do it all the time, and it is why I don't tend to trust people in general. They are just as likely to join the witch hunt as they are to sandbag a flooding river to help the neighbor. People are like the wind, and change daily. I guess that makes me more disappointed and distrustful than angry, but there is some anger when it happens in a personal way.

2) Do you get angry often? Not often. The emotion that overwhelms me tends to be more sadness and despair related. Anger is usually experienced in conjunction with other emotions to a lesser degree.

3) How do you deal with the problem? I try to gain understanding by imagining the situation from the other person's perspective. When I do this I typically see a myriad of possibilities for their ideas and behavior. I then realize that my response is based on a fragmented view of reality. There is a sense of stepping back, viewing it at arms length, and realizing I can't see the whole picture and so withhold judgment. You can also learn a great deal about a person by the feeling they instill inside you. This is not consistent and is mixed in with the uniqueness of personal experience and interpretation, but someone who goes around making everyone feel 'stupid' has a high likelihood of knowing that feeling well. It can be the reason the person is so skilled at instilling it in other people. They know how that feeling operates, what triggers it, etc. When I look at the feeling at a distance, I suspect the other person knows it better than I do.

In my worst moments I turn it on myself in frustration and find some way to blame myself for it. That is the opposite of seeing the big picture. It is like falling into a Black Hole, a singularity of negativity and pain.

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion? The simpler, external aspect gets resolved quickly - usually before it ever surfaces. If the event was significant, it is woven into a deeper fabric of my internal model of the world. It's not exactly an emotion at that point, but in the future it can realign with other related incidences and make the emotional impact more intense because it represents something about my understanding of reality itself, and not just a single incident.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so? No. My family has not seen me angry since around the age 10. Friends/relationships have seen me angry during an occasional miscommunications.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
1) Unfairness - dishonesty
2) Not really
3) One of 2 ways. I first try to figure out if I'm overreacting. I'll hold it in a while. Or Ill rage. Make a scene. Chop heads.
4) Depends on how deep rooted the unfairness is
5) Nope. They call it my "Trip-wire"

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
1) What makes you angry?
sluts
disloyalty
general disregard for hygiene
pointing out my minor flaws
fishing for compliments
people with fricked up priorities
flirts[guys and girls]

a few times a week
usually at least one thing major will get to me

i usually
1. start listening to obscene music
2. talk to a close friend to get my mind off it
3. analyze why im upset and determine if its worth being upset about

anywhere from a few minutes to a lifetime.
im a stubborn fricker and when something major affects me im most likely going to remember it. [going back to part 3 of number 2] if its something worth being upset about itll stick with me, if its not worth being upset about it goes away naturally

they usually see it through my eyes and understand, but its usually stuff people just shrug off and dont bother thinking about.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
shattered dreams :(

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
shattered dreams :(

That just makes me sad ^^^

1) What makes you angry?

Nothing makes me angry.. Anger lives inside me, and I suspect, in all of you too. I either react to it or I don't. There are times when it consumes me and just about anything will trigger a reaction. In more controlled times or times of contentment , those same triggers will have no effect on me at all.. Therefore anger I believe, is a choice .. So this question should not be what.. but rather, WHY do I become angry.

The answer would seem to be how much baggage I am carrying at any giving time

No, not often.. except in rare cases where more root feelings of shame, hurt and fear are prevalent.. such as a bad relationship.

Being aware of those root feelings is a start.. failing that, removing myself from whatever situation is playing havoc with my emotional state.

My anger flashes are thankfully short most often.. I often explode and almost instantly regret it.. So anger gets replaced with remorse and regret .. which unfortunately can last much much longer.

Not so much the at trigger.. but perhaps the intensity and how brief it lasts.. I can be OK again within seconds .. however a lot of damage can be done in a few seconds.

gromit

likes this
1) What makes you angry?
Usually when people will refuse to acknowledge any perspective but their own, not because of ignorance, but CONSCIOUSLY refuse. It really bothers me. Or when I interpret ignorance to be a refusal to acknowledge any other perspective. But usually I can stop being mad easily if it becomes clear to me that the person is not purposefully refusing.

Not too often. Usually I just have angry periods of a month or so, but not a lot.

I don't know. I usually get kind of worked up and then do a poor job convincing the person why they should look at it differently. A terribly effective way of dealing with it, I know

When I'm just frustrated about something dumb, I'll either deal with the cause, let it fester, or do some sort of physical thing like running or cold shower or something. (I guess feelings of anger at dumb things are often triggered by a deeper feeling of helplessness in the face of injustice)

Usually I stop being angry once the stimulus is removed. Almost immediately.

Hm. I'm not really sure. I would say probably not. But maybe occasionally, like for the dumb things that occasionally frustrate me. Sometimes I surprise myself. Then I have to look to see what is causing the deeper sense of injustice.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
shit...no sorry i keep doing that all over the place...stopping now.

gromit

likes this
Ha ha ha... is it bad that I read some of the posts I missed and think to myself "those are good things to be angry about!" ?

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
1) What makes you angry?

when someone underestimates me, and only when a few people do it.

nope, I will get annoyed, but I really dont get angry at people.

I try to see it from thier end and try to make connections that they would have made based on thier knowlage of me and the situation. and about 99.9% of the time I would have gotten mad over nothing and I can drop it

When I do get mad? its like it didnt even happen. there is no since in getting mad "he who angers you conquers you"

for the most part they cant tell, but for the 3 or 4 times I did get mad, I kicked the other persons ass (or tried lol) but that was when my brother went too far and started to mess with my INFP filters lol

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
1) What makes you angry?
Not being a Disney princess. broken promises. when starbucks doesnt have peppermint hot chocolate. Loosing important items (phone charger, license, ect), and when people don't show appreciation/love. oh & rain. and getting mud on my UGGs.

No.

I cry. Like a small child.

Fairly slow. It lingers.

Definitely. No one understands lol. also, its very unusual. mostly when I'm angry only my infp friend notices =]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
People who attempt to steal large amounts of money from me when I don't have much money to begin with.

That's what's pissed me off this week.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
1) What makes you angry?
People who block my happiness.

I wouldn't say that. I get annoyed easily (or disappointed or sad or whatever), but I only get really angry about once a year. But when I'm angry, I'm really really angry.

Revenge.

Not. When I'm angry with someone, I want revenge and just a little bit revenge is not enough. It's enough when I am starting to pity the person I'm angry with.

Nope. I'm quite normal when it comes to anger.

almost forgot about my stand by option :) agreed about the revenge.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
1) What makes you angry?

Many things. Stupid mistakes of my own, injustice, people who behave strictly against my personal values and ideals, "stupidness". Special discussion forms of people. My life situation probably too.

In some other thread I posted a whole list of special things, but after reconsidering I guess a list wouldn't suffice, because you always forget something and there is no general rule.

I don't know. When I consider that I am just in general not very confident with my situation, I guess I am still in a rather good range, so not too often maybe, but often enough. It usually happens inside of me and rarely goes outwards.

Who says I deal with the problem? :/ I am not sure I am able to deal with my basic problems, things aren't that easy. My angriness is caused by said basic problems I believe. Small issues which make me angry stay small issues, they go away and will be forgotten. I cannot forget my whole life situation as it reminds me every day that it is there.

Don't know, it doesn't last too long often. Often turns around in sadness or indifference.

Don't know.

There you are.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
1) What makes you angry?
People living behind illusions. And everyday nonsense.

Yes.

Passive Aggressively, wicked.

Sometimes..not for big things.

Sometimes. Fi can be hard to understand sometimes.

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
So I know that there's already a general thread in the Bonfire section, but I'm interested in what angers the NF personas specifically. Also, note that I'm talking about personality/ideological differences, not specific incidences. So...

1) What makes you angry?

If there are any other questions that you would like to ask, feel free, as long as it remains on topic.

1. Arrogance and chauvinism,when people take advantage of others , when people purposely choose to be ignorant about something, when people make cruel remarks on other people's misfortunes,fakeness and lying about one's intentions or motivations,when people's individuality is being threatened,when people mistreat animals, when people stereotype other people- even when meant as a joke, insensitivity and callousness; all of them.

2. That depends on many factors but in general, I am more likely to be bothered or feel really hurt ; that is off course barring instances when other people are hurt.

3. I withdraw into my inner world in which I berate those that perpetrate the acts.

4. How quickly? That depends on the offence and how I feel; which can be really variable.

5.I really let people know I am angry but when I do, it almost always entails the things that I mentioned and thus they do not seem to be surprised.

All this being said things are more likely to make me feel sad or hurt as opposed to angry, generally speaking.