User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    So I know that there's already a general thread in the Bonfire section, but I'm interested in what angers the NF personas specifically. Also, note that I'm talking about personality/ideological differences, not specific incidences. So...

1) What makes you angry?

2) Do you get angry often?

3) How do you deal with the problem?

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?

If there are any other questions that you would like to ask, feel free, as long as it remains on topic.
    1) Social injustice, cruelty

2) I get angry when I make a mistake. I get angry when my memory fails me. I get angry when I accidently hurt myself. I like to think of my anger regarding other people as optional and a choice I consciously make. That keeps the "You made me angry" stuff to a minumum and helps me feel in control of my own emotions.

3) I recognize that no one can control my feelings but I and then I use whatever tehnique will work to deal with it. I try to avoid quick fixes.

4) Some issues have taken a long time and are still in process. (This winter I finally released a thirty-three year-old resentment. Yay! Freedom at last.) The day-to-day stuff can be dealt with within an afternoon or so.

5) No, I think I'm fairly predictable to friends and family.

A comment: I spend a long time being frightened of my anger. I would stuff it and periodically explode, dumping it indescriminately on anyone in my path. After years of storing bits and pieces when it finally came out it would be huge and unpredictable. Fear of it was most appropriate. Glass broke and things got broken and like that. Worse yet, relationships were damaged in moments.

I am still cautious when I feel my anger rising and have found that inane old "count to ten" advice to be valuable. I will literally say to my self, "Stop and think, Anja, before you speak." Best advice I ever gave myself!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

1) people who automatically assume they are right in a subject they know near to nothing about. narrow mindedness i suppose you could say. not taking all possibilities into account

2) very very rarely

3) let go. i just take a deep breath and 5 minutes later im fine

4) ^ 5 minutes at the absolute latest

5) theyve never seen me really angry
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    FiSi

I don't get angry. I get sad or upset or annoyed, but not angry. (Random, stressful incidents make an exception... ESTJ shadow.)

MBTI
    ENFP

1) What makes you angry?
    Ignorance and indifference.

Yes, but less as I get older. Some anger is replaced with pity nowadays.

Try and forgive people for just being human.

Depends, but I never hold grudges.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
    Most times, yes.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

1) What makes you angry?
    Obviously there are many triggers, and different types of anger.

A) Petty anger - Someone says or does something small that seems irrational to everyone else but I just crack it - like not cleaning the kitchen after you've used it! Farout, not that hard.

B) Self-defensive anger Mainly when someone undermines my values or who I believe myself to be. As in - How dare you surmise who I am in such a way, you have no idea.

C) Righteous anger Pretty much the root of my social justice element. There are many wrongs in society that must be righted.

D) Willful anger I know that I'm right, and I know that you're wrong; so shutup. Also, when someone simply crosses a plan that I've made!!! Annoying.

No, not really.

Internally boil, or vent. I'm a verbally aggressive kinda guy. haha

Depends entirely on the circumstance and continuity of the situation which originally triggered my response.

When it comes to A) and D) I think they've learned, and they know what triggers what.

But with B) and C) I think its often a case of - I didn't know you felt that way.

Man, I feel so angry after writing this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I do
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

An unfair fight makes me angry. When people gang up on someone and use more force than is needed to punish them, or when someone particularly strong in an area uses it to squash someone with much less power. I think it is decrepit cowardice beneath a guise of external dominance. If it helps a situation to go after such a person, I will.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1) What makes you angry?
    kittens in blenders

not really, as long as I can avoid seeing kittens in blenders

unplug the blender, kill the person who put the kitten in the blender

depends on how long it takes the person to die

no, I hide it all within and listen to linkin park

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

1) What makes you angry? A consistent unwillingness to hear me out, overt intolerance, cruelty(psychological or physical), indifference to the pain of others, being stonewalled(#1)

Not at all, generally. I think I've been angry once in 15 years with one of my closest friends, and never at all in 20 years with another best friend. Frustrated, yes. Angry, no. I don't really even get that frustrated with other close friends. If I get somewhat annoyed, I just retreat for awhile and then show up again when I'm feeling more balanced.

3) How do you deal with the problem?By trying to communicate my understanding of the problem, see the other person's side, and come to something of a consensus or mutual understanding/resolution.

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?Depends on the extent of the issue. It takes me a long time to really get angry, so once I'm there, it might take some work.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so? Not at all. They usually wonder what took me so long.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

1) What makes you angry?
    People who take advantage of people who are weaker than they are.

Yes

I get away from it if possible. If that's not possible, I stew. Over time, I will say something. But once I've said something, it's impossible for me to shut up about it, so I try not to let it get to that point.

It's not resolvable. I live with it. I work on it by trying to find the bright side.

Yes. People don't ever seem to know why I'm angry. Once I explain it, it makes sense. But it's ... as a good friend said to me, "You're always coming up with some weird shit."