User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, I related to the "Old Soul" description quoted by Soleil 100%---every single word of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    see first page.
    I guess I'm more interested in the why factor. Where do they claim, if they do, that they received this knowledge from?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Let me ask a question that seems to be troubling me here: given the description of an old soul from page one [which personally I see and kinda agree with, but would then differentiate between old souls and spiritually powerful souls, though potentially one could be both I guess...]: would we not expect such behavior more from I's and from INF's than from ENFP's?????? Aren't ENFPs amongst the most all over the place of the types? Hardly an efficiency-focused, minimal distraction, just meeting the minimum social prerequisites approach as described by that info on page 1.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"You crazy kinds and your high-strung energy, I'm just gonna sit here and think deep thoughts and water my plants and not talk to anyone while you tire yourself out acting in that crazy all-for-show word cuz you wouldn't listen to my wisdom anyways" , that hardly seems like an ENFP catchphrase to me! ENFP's can have deep thoughts and be reflective and spiritual and whatever else, I know that from experience, but slow and lethargic and physically removed from the world??? I'm sorry but I just don't see it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Let me ask a question that seems to be troubling me here: given the description of an old soul from page one [which personally I see and kinda agree with, but would then differentiate between old souls and spiritually powerful souls, though potentially one could be both I guess...]: would we not expect such behavior more from I's and from INF's than from ENFP's?????? Aren't ENFPs amongst the most all over the place of the types? Hardly an efficiency-focused, minimal distraction, just meeting the minimum social prerequisites approach as described by that info on page 1.

The confusion is probably caused by the wildly innacurate stereotype of ENFPs as hyperactive party people.

That, and all the ENTPs and ESFPs out there who mistype themselves/claim to be ENFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I guess I'm more interested in the why factor. Where do they claim, if they do, that they received this knowledge from?
    ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Frank: Are you referring to Michael? I assume, or if I remember correctly from some book or wherever this is from, that Micheal is a channeled being and therefore this comes as channeled wisdom??? I could totally be wrong about that though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

W: Perhaps some of the ENFP's I've met were just extreme E's and that's throwing my perspective, but I think of ENFP's as often being quite social and very interactive with others. None of the ENFPs I've met were hyperactive partiers as far as I know, but several of them seemed very social and constantly going somewhere to hang out wit yet another friend of theirs. Hyperactive partyers no, but constantly socially active social creatures I definitely saw that.

Frank: Are you referring to Michael? I assume, or if I remember correctly from some book or wherever this is from, that Micheal is a channeled being and therefore this comes as channeled wisdom??? I could totally be wrong about that though.
    Got it. Is it kind of like God inspiring the prophets but with a new-age twist?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

First of all, let me say that this is not my thing, nor something that I especially deal with. But having read books and known people who do this: channeling is connecting with disembodied beings [ie non-physical beings] who provide information or guidance or healing or whatever else. FMU, channeled beings tend to be disembodied people not currently living on earth, I think of heard of channelings archeangels, and maybe spirit guides. I read a reference once to someone who claimed to have channeled old Irish gods [Diana or celtic equivalent]. So these would all be beings below "God". That's my understanding anyways, again this isn't my thing.

The article itself on the first page seems to be someone's general notes on the topic, with occasional references to "Michael", usually seeming to happen when discussions of karma or soul groups or the like come up. I've seen that style of writing before, particularly with books by Barbara Ann Brennan. Anyways...

Personally, I tend to view some stuff as being like Jungian archetypes ["channeling" a/the goddess for example], and other stuff I just take a very agnostic view on where the information came from and try to explore the information itself for whatever it might be worth. But I am also a _N_P, and we are probably better at stuff like that.