User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    72w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I feel as though I have an old soul. I think we...or at least I get that impression because my values are more spiritual yet general...like I can sense the damage of contemporary concepts of moral/immoral...right/wrong. As an enfp we also have an easier time understanding people...so the intuition aspect may be taking effect there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I find this topic intriguing. I originally wanted to reply.

I totally know what you mean. Stuff I knew that most kids wouldn't really know, because they haven't experienced it, nor did I, yet I would sit and think about, only to grow up to find out that it was true, convinced me that I was old soul too! It helped me in a way that I based my decisions most authentic to me, despite certain situations that would've otherwise made me another statistic. Brings inner-peace for me.

Oh, and I also consider myself more spiritual than religious.

Wow, that description of "Old Souls" hits me pretty deep.

I've been described by a few people much older than me as having an "old soul". I never paid much attention to it or realized what they meant, but having read that I think I have a better understanding of what they may have seen in me.

I've also felt like I get along with people much older and mature than me, than I ever have with my peers. I feel like there's a lot more knowledge to gain from their experience in life, making the effort more worthwhile. Just to give you an idea, one of my best friends in the world is old enough to be my father.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Phoenity, me too.

I have friends of all ages, most of them, young at heart. A few older. Closest ones I would describe as self-actualized individuals.. they seem to be happy/at ease with who they are, conscientious. For some, may sound boring. For me, it's satisfying when I can bond with someone who 'gets it' in that way..

garbage

I keep getting told that I have an old soul, and it really feels that way at times.

How do we reconcile that with the silly switch? I guess it's one of those standard ENFP personality contradictions

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Phoenity, me too.

I have friends of all ages, most of them, young at heart. A few older. Closest ones I would describe as self-actualized individuals.. they seem to be happy/at ease with who they are, conscientious. For some, may sound boring. For me, it's satisfying when I can bond with someone who 'gets it' in that way..
    Yep I have friends of all ages and walks of life. Actual age is just a number that has never really had much relevancy to me. I'm more about a person's maturity and what's in their heart. That kind of wisdom is what I deeply, truly value. Sometimes, I come across people in life that just don't seem to have much in their heart, like they're lost. I can remember feeling that way throughout many periods of my life, especially during times of pain and suffering, and it makes me wish I could help them somehow.

Sniffles

Just on this forum alone people are surprised to find out I'm not 50 or over in age.

It seems I have a great ability to communicate and connect with people across the age spectrum.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Any old souls here, anyone ? I'm sorry if this topic was done before. I know I have an old soul. It's hard for an old soul to live in a young soul world.
    Interesting, did I already respond to this? I'm not an old soul, I don't feel like an old soul, and I have yet to meet anyone who has made me spontaneously think of this description. I'm not sure what it means.

I actually feel like quite a young soul, new, naive, still getting good use of my land legs, feeling the world is a somewhat alien but very big exciting place.

I know what it means to be youthful or to be serious or to be mature, but not sure what old soul means. I get "young at heart" and "young spirit" more.

However, I can imagine if you felt like an old soul the antics of the youth and being an old soul stuck in a young body could get on your nerves.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I think the "old souls" are the ones who have experienced more emotional pain and disappointment all throughout their lives than their peers could ever imagine. During experiences of pain and suffering, you're required to examine and discover what's inside the deepest depths of yourself, and become stronger just to survive. In turn, it increases your passion for life and makes you appreciate everything, big or small, so much more.

When you come across people in life who've been through similar experiences, other "old souls", you don't have to ask, you just "know" because it pours out of who they are.

Here's a quote I found that says what I was trying to say:

When we dont turn away from pain, we open our hearts and are more able to connect to the best part of ourselves and othersbecause every human being knows pain. Im not sure what enlightenment is, but Im sure it has something to do with turning pain into love.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

An old soul concealed in the youthful body.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"