User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I feel like an old soul. There are times when I might not seem it, due to my tendancy to think in a thousand directions at once, but I feel it. I was very aware of things at a young age. I noticed the way things worked, how they didn't, deduced why things were, etc. whilst children I take care of who are older than that now seem to be off in their own world, unable to focus on stuff the way I could.

Granted, NOW when twenty people are all talking around me, I can have a hard time focusing on one thing too, but that's beside the point. :rolli:

MBTI
    EXXP

I actually feel really young. I know that I already "know" people so it's just funnier and rewarding for me to connect on any level with anyone. And my funnest (sp?) is the youngins. They've just got an energy for life that cannot be matched.

And I do think I'm going to be that old wrinkly lady at the slot machines with a cigarette yelling for another drink. But oh well.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't believe in this old soul stuff. But I do believe that people can easily achieve a perspective that would give them the feeling of being more mature or more deep-thinking than their peers. It's simple to see how this can be. Most of the people don't stop to think about questions that seem impossible to answer. Some do, and by doing so their perspective changes into something different than the normal. This seems like "old soul" because it takes into account things that no one normally would. Or, maybe we can think that old soul personality is a personality that places value on morals more than the normal people.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

All I'm going to say is that I am very very perceptive, and the conclusions I draw are usually accurate.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Um, yeah, I guess you can say I am an "old soul".

Older people have frequently called me out on this since I was a kid. :/

I can go on a freakishly long tangent right now on how and why this most likely is.

But that is something, interestingly enough, I don't feel too comfortable sharing, at this particular moment.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean ENFP's are old souls. I was just wondering if any ENFP's WERE old souls? Maybe I should change the title.
    I really saw myself in that description (and I read it all ). So according to that I most definately have an old soul. To me it felt like most of it corresponds with being a strong N??

Yep, I think I'm aging exponentially. At 22 I was wondering where I could be in five years that would still be in the realms of reality and not just bored with it. I hit a wall and slowed the learning a few years ago, but it is starting up again. And I noticed reading back over things I actually didn't slow as much as I thought, just discovered new areas.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Now I know that I'm not an ENFP but I find it interesting that so many would identify with this description. Possibly because I'm interested in that I-E divide, and how we can be so similar, yet so different. When I was younger I would probably have said 'omg, yes, this is me to a T!' and to be honest when many of the older people around me (parents, teachers) were telling me the same thing I wasn't in a position to argue Although, I can be very passionate and driven about select things that matter to me, and education was one of them, but not so much anymore, although I still love to learn. I feel like I'm both a firebrand and 'too laid back' at the same time.

I also believe that most NF's in general would have a tendency to feel that way, at least earlier on in their lives if not now. I know that it's just my way of perceiving things and I'm trying to open up beyond that rather than refer back to something which justifies having a narrowminded approach. Though it was an interesting read in itself and if I said I didn't relate I'd be lying through my teeth... and fingers... and eyes, and well you know the deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "A person usually has two reasons for doing something: a good reason and the real reason."

Fi=Ne>Ni>Si=Te>Fe>Ti>Se

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i can't stand the term "old soul". new age is old, and dead, and will not resurrect.

sorry. in pissy mood right now.
    INTP/5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    i can't stand the term "old soul". new age is old, and dead, and will not resurrect.

sorry. in pissy mood right now.
    I think what most are referring to is just the feeling you get when you have permanently taken in everything in every scene and tried to analyse and understand everything for your whole life. You can feel like you've lived 10 of most peoples lifetimes by the time you are 20.

What the world sees of an ENFP isn't even the shadow on the wall of the cave. It is the shadow of the 5% that is sticking out of the ground. There is no way to output as much as comes in. And normally no reason to, because most of the world thinks you are some random court jester, who likes to live the good life and doesn't have much useful to say. And you occasionally challenge this when it matters, but normally find a strange amusement in letting them believe it. Most of the influence I have is when I say something which no one takes seriously, then people start loving and believing was their idea later.

I don't know if I've ever gone near my potential or ever will. And I'm not sure if it is possible for us to in the world in its current state. Things are about organisation, money flow, etc. Who needs evolution? It's got a pretty crap five year return. Maybe some cosmic end of the world event would trigger all the potential to be realised, but still we'd probably get locked in our home by armed military and the government would try to fix it. (hmm, my I is coming out a bit)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.