User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

When someone is interested in me, I know almost immediately. I can just tell by the way they look at me, and the way they act. Their interest is genuine, and they kind of have a wide-eyed, curious, (maybe even deer-in-the-headlights) gaze. And if they're not admiring/showing interest quietly, it's rather obvious when they're flirting bluntly.

I'm really cocky with the people that i'm attracted to. I'll insult you playfully, or just have really witty comebacks. If you can be just as cocky and witty, you'll have me intrigued.

I think most ENFPs are really warm towards the people they like.. They might be openly affectionate, verbally and physically.

And if they make an effort to contact YOU and see YOU, that's a sign that they probably like you.. At least a little.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    The situation has become hyptothetical now as I've discovered today that she has a boyfriend ... arrghh.

My only hope is that she doesn't stay in the relationship long after it's died else I could be waiting a long time: although to be fair they looked happy together... oh well...
    How about saying to her, "It's too bad you have a boyfriend... because I really wanted to ask you out. Oh well..."

I think that's an innocent enough of a comment - wanting to go out with her. You're not risking rejection because it's hypothetical. If she does break up with her boyfriend, she might keep you in mind.
    What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    When someone is interested in me, I know almost immediately. I can just tell by the way they look at me, and the way they act. Their interest is genuine, and they kind of have a wide-eyed, curious, (maybe even deer-in-the-headlights) gaze. And if they're not admiring/showing interest quietly, it's rather obvious when they're flirting bluntly.
    Absolutely. Same here. I can always tell. I usually become very quiet and awkward if I'm attracted to someone. I'll ask questions and listen generally. It puts me at ease. I'll also touch the person lightly or move into their body space. I also don't want to scare someone off, almost to the point where I think they can't tell that I'm really interested. But if I get a clear sign (touching, obvious looks), then I'll usually be brave enough to make a more definitive move, if they don't do so first.

I agree with Onceajoan that an innocent remark like that might be the way to go if you're interested in someone who has a girfriend/boyfriend. If they are showing interest in you, that may be a sign that the other relationship is not wholly satisfying to them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Soo... how do i see the difference from a manipulation attemt? Last time i meet a ENFP i knew it quickly but that was spesial. I was already on Guard. She did touch me ligthly and asked quiestions. Big fat smile on her face.

I confirmed it. by observing that she did what i expected. she left for her table and friends and was sitting there smiling and staring at me. I smiled back, feeling good because i had foreseen it, took a big glass of water and left the bar.

She had a magical stare and she knew it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Soo... how do i see the difference from a manipulation attemt? Last time i meet a ENFP i knew it quickly but that was spesial. I was already on Guard. She did touch me ligthly and asked quiestions. Big fat smile on her face.

I confirmed it. by observing that she did what i expected. she left for her table and friends and was sitting there smiling and staring at me. I smiled back, feeling good because i had foreseen it, took a big glass of water and left the bar.

She had a magical stare and she knew it.
    This sounds paranoid. I'd doubt an ENFP would stare at you if she didn't like you. She might talk and giggle and be friendly, but not stare.

MBTI
    STP

Just watch them and listen, its pretty obvious, not just in if they are interested, but in what ways and why.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This sounds paranoid. I'd doubt an ENFP would stare at you if she didn't like you. She might talk and giggle and be friendly, but not stare.

She did take the beer and left. And she did kinda end the conversation.

Poki post your MBTI result.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Sure your not biased because your a ENFP?

She did take the beer and left remember. And she did kinda end the conversation.

Poki post your MBTI result.
    If she kept staring at you after she took the beer and left, though, then she probably expected you to pursue her, then.

If she was just using you for a drink I don't know why she would stare at you even after she got what she wanted.

I try to be objective, because I like INTJs (and wished to god they came with a manual, thank god for INTJforum, but it's too little, and probably too late) and I'm sure some women are bitches who are using you for beer.

I'm just saying in my experience I don't stare at men I've manipulated to other ends.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If she kept staring at you after she took the beer and left, though, then she probably expected you to pursue her, then.

If she was just using you for a drink I don't know why she would stare at you even after she got what she wanted.
    That is a possibility.

Next time will tell as im pretty sure i will see her again.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

duck duck goose.

if you're attentive, you can tell by my voice...