User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks for the responses. I suppose there's a very good chance she knows that I like her, and I think she's probably subtly flirting with me. I'll just keep being nice to her and see what happens

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, granted, I'm not a 'normal' ENFP, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

When I am attracted to someone, I get really shy, actually. I get nervous. Usually. Inside I'm bursting but I'm afraid to let it show. Sometimes, as a result, I can seem almost callous although I am not usually like that.

Once I've gotten over the initial shyness, however, I tend to be back to my ENFP self. Especially when I feel really comfy with someone.

What was funny about meeting my husband was that I never felt this awkward shyness - at all. I attribute it to not 'looking' for someone at the time, and just being 'natural.'

Sheesh, reading this over, it doesn't make any sense at all. Ahhh, just ignore me.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

new conclusion:

ENFPs over-analyze feelings of potential romance, possibly to the point of destroying the potential romance through not acting on a whim when the time was right.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    new conclusion:

ENFPs over-analyze feelings of potential romance, possibly to the point of destroying the potential romance through not acting on a whim when the time was right.
    and this is a new conclusion how?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    my new conclusion:
    fixed

better now? :P

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ISTP

some ENFPs *cough* have a hard time telling whether or not they like someone, let alone whether the beloved can tell... Furthermore, personally, when I try to flirt, I end up acting as I normally do (ie, silly, teasing) OR I act completely different, and get quiet and awkward. How could someone interpret that?! There's just no way! *whew*
    Me too.

a lot of the times I don't even know that I like someone like thaaaat. Until they told me and then I think about it
    Yes!! I practically never consider anyone romantically until they express an interest in me. Then i could get really into them. But then again, maybe not.

Its really weird because all ENFP descriptions have us tagged as "extremely perceptive and intuitive about people", because I frankly NEVER have any idea whether or not a person is romantically interested in me. You have to blare it with a trumpet before i realise, ie. state your interest explicitly so there's no other way i can (wrongly) analyse it.

Generally, I do a lot of research on people I'm 'into'. For one, I try to figure out their MBTI type. This occasionally comes up when we talk - if I show an interest in analysing your personality type, it could mean i'm romantically into you (or it could mean i'm trying to figure out if it'd be a good idea for me to be into you. i'll be trying to look out for potential pitfalls before committing anything.)

MBTI
    INTJ

I saw the ENFP in question this morning with an ESFP friend and she was literally hiding from me. She put herself behind someone else and a pillar. Is she being really shy or is this avoidance?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I saw the ENFP in question this morning with an ESFP friend and she was literally hiding from me. She put herself behind someone else and a pillar. Is she being really shy or is this avoidance?
    She is being avoidant.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I see someone from afar whom I do not want to actually see, i.e. interact with, I literally hide, or book it in the opposite direction.

Sorry. :/
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And to answer the OP, if an ENFP likes you, she will treat you differently.

Like duck, duck, goose. Where you are the goose, of course.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles