• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ 6

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
INFJ 6-5 tied(well last time I checked) reporting: not sure about us being a jackpot.. sometimes it's better not to have the paranoid rain on people's parades:
- Have you ever considered the consequences?
- And what makes you think that is going to work?
- Be careful(we use that phrase so often!)You're going to fall over there!Get back here!(we often sound like people's moms for some reason)

I'm sure most 6 can relate to this: "I very much think...almost like an animal, anyone can turn against me anytime and anywhere so I must do everything I can to protect myself(and people I care about).Any "potential" threats must be eliminated,neutralized or isolated.(hm I sound like I'm on a manhunt but yeah seriously o_O that is what a 6 mindset is like...I think")

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I have a lot to learn about this special being. I am for the first time in my life at the point, when I think about caring about someone else besides me. That IS confusing and new, therefore confusing, but it is new.

And that's why I like it

:D That's a good sign that you might just be beginning to love her. :hug: Congratulations!!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:heart:

She was casted for a television spot and went through with it. Today she told me, someone asked her on the street, if she wasnt that girl from the TV spot. She replied: "That is the dumbest attempt to get sex from me, I have ever had".

Yeah BAM, in your face :D

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
I'm an INFJ 6w & I'm a love guru :D (j/k)
not to mention psychic.
too weird to live, too rare to die.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
- Have you ever considered the consequences?
- And what makes you think that is going to work?
- Be careful(we use that phrase so often!)You're going to fall over there!Get back here!(we often sound like people's moms for some reason)

That sums it up quite nicely. People usually don't listen and fall anyway :doh:
I hate to be right all the time, but seriously I am. We'd all be living peacefully in golden palaces by now, so to speak, if we ruled the world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That sums it up quite nicely. People usually don't listen and fall anyway :doh:
I hate to be right all the time, but seriously I am. We'd all be living peacefully in golden palaces by now, so to speak, if we ruled the world.

yeah, everyone in his own, with bars at the front door :D

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
yeah, everyone in his own, with bars at the front door :D

haha yeah ! Touché.

I don't know if it's a INFJ 6w thing but I happen to be the biggest philantropist and misanthrope, all at the same time. I think my friends would concur.
Also unsure about it being an INFJ 6w thing, but I, for start, am very intense when I'm in love. I'm very intense about everything anyway. Which is why people generally seem to either love or hate me.
I've wondered about other INFJ 6w types myself. I do think we're rare. I can't think of anyone remotely like me, for better or worse.

So how is that love-thing going for you ? did it bite you in the ass already ? :D

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh I get the same but mostly the majority of them don't know anything about me. Yeah I don't know a lot of people who are like me except my friend but she's probably ISFP or ISFJ like my mother.
People either think I'm really tough or think I'm "so cute". It disturbs me sometimes and I try to think about what could have made think of me this way.
I hesitated between this and 4 but I'm much more paranoid than I am sensitive (although they kind of go hand in hand). :p

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
People either think I'm really tough or think I'm "so cute". It disturbs me sometimes and I try to think about what could have made think of me this way.

That's also very familiar! I don't wonder anymore about what I could have possibly said or done. Maybe people are biased and maybe that's all there is to it.
At first sight, to some people I come across as cute too, others think I'm scary or tough. Some people don't think anything at all. If I would place any importance on that, what would that make me ? The meanest teddybear out there ?

I hesitated between this and 4 but I'm much more paranoid than I am sensitive (although they kind of go hand in hand). :p

Absolutely. I'm convinced that sensitivity is a quality.
Even paranoia serves a purpose imho. The obvious being increased chances of survival.
There's a thin line indeed between sensitivity and paranoia, just as there is a thin line between paranoia and psychosis (or even brilliance and madness). I wouldn't want it any other way. You just have to be aware of that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't know if it's a INFJ 6w thing but I happen to be the biggest philantropist and misanthrope, all at the same time. I think my friends would concur.

That is really an intresting and probably the thing that fascinates me most about my INFJ 6.

She is very intrested in something I would call "medical psychology" (Dont know the right term). She likes and actually is able to see psychic disturbances within the human brain and she can describe them by talking about the symptons. It's fascinating, even sometimes frightening. She is a empathetical listener and she has a knack for getting to know people that have slight malfunctions within the brain (that is why she has got to know me obviously :D).

That would make her, normally, one of the most favourable, nice and warm persons on the world. But then there is misanthropy. I myself am misanthropic about most people here, where I live and so two souls meet. She can be in no ways warm and nice, she can be attacking, unpredictable and she fights for her position. I think in the long run, it is a self-protection system against those things she sees within the human brain.

What is even more astounding, is the fact that she never unloaded her misanthrophy against me. It's like I am the backbone of the system, she trusts me, what gives me a godlike feeling of loyality in our relationship. I am actually someone she takes advice from and I guess there are only 2 or 3 people, who can actually give her advice and I am not one of them by the means of knowledge.

That godlike feeling I described is really the baseline in our relationship, which the drummer plays and the ship goes to war. It is something I have never experienced in a girl and it is the thing that made our relationship based on love, feelings and admirable discussions, to something I would consider to take further to marriage. :)

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
That is really an intresting and probably the thing that fascinates me most about my INFJ 6.

She is very intrested in something I would call "medical psychology" (Dont know the right term). She likes and actually is able to see psychic disturbances within the human brain and she can describe them by talking about the symptons. It's fascinating, even sometimes frightening. She is a empathetical listener and she has a knack for getting to know people that have slight malfunctions within the brain (that is why she has got to know me obviously :D).

That would make her, normally, one of the most favourable, nice and warm persons on the world. But then there is misanthropy. I myself am misanthropic about most people here, where I live and so two souls meet. She can be in no ways warm and nice, she can be attacking, unpredictable and she fights for her position. I think in the long run, it is a self-protection system against those things she sees within the human brain.

What is even more astounding, is the fact that she never unloaded her misanthrophy against me. It's like I am the backbone of the system, she trusts me, what gives me a godlike feeling of loyality in our relationship. I am actually someone she takes advice from and I guess there are only 2 or 3 people, who can actually give her advice and I am not one of them by the means of knowledge.

That godlike feeling I described is really the baseline in our relationship, which the drummer plays and the ship goes to war. It is something I have never experienced in a girl and it is the thing that made our relationship based on love, feelings and admirable discussions, to something I would consider to take further to marriage. :)

:heart::wubbie:!
Good luck my friend, good luck with that.
(Yeah we do that trust thing, I didn't know exactly what misanthrope meant so I didn't answer :ninja:, shame on me ,I know. I can completely relate to that philanthropist vs misanthropist thing although I wouldn't consider myself that "skilled".)

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
It is something I have never experienced in a girl and it is the thing that made our relationship based on love, feelings and admirable discussions, to something I would consider to take further to marriage. :)

:nice: good luck with that ! An ENTP and an INFJ sounds like a very, very good match imo.

Very interesting to read about that "medical psychology" you mentioned. I wonder if she would call it that -or if it's your T speaking ? The same goes for the words "abnormalities in the brain". These seem like oddly clinical terms for an INFJ. I think INFJs use a way more abstract approach. I definitely have a hunch what you mean, based on my own experience. I consider myself a natural psychologist, eventhough I'm employed in IT. I have a personal talent to spot behavioral motives in people. Something which can make people rather uncomfortable around me -or very comfortable as well since I'm also a good listener and advisor based on the same talent. I'm instantly aware of it, when people are bothered by something. And in many situations I've tought that I understood their problem better than they do themselves. I can also smell dishonesty or poseurs from miles away.
I think what I've just mentioned is an INFJ thing in general. Not particulary 6w.