User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Question ENFP's and Social Anxiety/Shyness...

Was wondering if other ENFP's experience this? The thing with me is if I'm comfortable around my environment then all that shyness and anxiety is out the window, but if the energy isn't flowing I become extremely introverted and uncomfortable. It's weird because I would say I'm 50/50 in the extroversion/introversion department. The ENFP description suits me 100%, but I tend to become anxious in certain social settings.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

hrm, my E tested at 100%, so I can't relate at all. Good thread idea though.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

I can relate. My E is slightly higher than my I. If the vibes aren't good I tend to leave the situation.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    ENFP

Yep. Same with me. I got 50% I and 50% E on the MBTI test, but it still said I was an extrovert.

I really think I have social anxiety and should probably get that checked out. But other times, I'm sooo opposite of that.

I can be really quiet and I REALLY daydream a lot when I'm like that. Other times, I'll be so loud and outgoing that it's ridiculous. I even talk to strangers on the street, which isn't always a good thing! But it's okay, haha.

But anyway, I get insanely nervous when I have to speak in a large group of people. I'd rather give a quart of blood or something, Lol! It's so noticeable.

Some people call me shy though. That's not true at all. I'm not shy, it's just that I don't know how to exactly react or say things at the moment so I get all jumbled and not respond too much. But after I get a strong reading of the person, wow, you won't be able to shut me up!
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    EXXP

I generally test in the 80% range for extroversion, but I still feel the same way sometimes.

If it is especially cold atmosphere to me (i.e. public speaking by ME) I can really feel anxious. Cold sweats and everything. I have read that ENFP's are the most introverted like extroverts and the personal growth pages stress that we need time alone to stay on our paths.

Probably didn't help any, but ya, I feel you
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Was wondering if other ENFP's experience this? The thing with me is if I'm comfortable around my environment then all that shyness and anxiety is out the window, but if the energy isn't flowing I become extremely introverted and uncomfortable. It's weird because I would say I'm 50/50 in the extroversion/introversion department. The ENFP description suits me 100%, but I tend to become anxious in certain social settings.
    I relate. I was even diagnosed with social anx in high school, and suspect I have some leftovers today. Basically, I become extremely self-conscious and get tense and awkward. On the other hand, during orchestra rehearsals or when chilling with interesting people (ie. energizing situations), all that does go out the window, like you said.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i relate 100%. ive said this on another thread (i forget how) but it is intuitive-in-a-sensor-environment-syndrome
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Luvox (fluvoxamine) works wonders for SAD.
    If you have a big problem, it can help. It will boost low Seritonin levels.
    Works in myself, and my brother who has SAD, he takes 50mg luvox and 25 mg Zoloft a day, its like a party drug to him. Hes an INFP, and now hes very extroverted, and is in love with people for the first time.
    That combo is the best meds for anxiety and NF's, I know because Ive tried them all!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Note: I'm not ENFP!

Luvox, eh? Alcohol works too, but it's not exactly the best all day drug. Is it recommended for mild social anxiety? I am quite literally anxious around people I don't know.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    Luvox (fluvoxamine) works wonders for SAD.
    If you have a big problem, it can help. It will boost low Seritonin levels.
    Works in myself, and my brother who has SAD, he takes 50mg luvox and 25 mg Zoloft a day, its like a party drug to him. Hes an INFP, and now hes very extroverted, and is in love with people for the first time.
    That combo is the best meds for anxiety and NF's, I know because Ive tried them all!
    Have you tried 5HTP? It's a vegetable source of tryptophan which is converted into serotonin in the body. It has fewer side affects than your averages SSRIs and is suitable for long term use.
    Good for insomnia too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.