User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah!! totally...and...it's only if i really like them too i think...because i don't always care if i come off weird...i don't think?? maybe i do...shit i don't know!! haha

but you're right...there are times...or certain people that i do feel...safe..(is that the right word??) to be open with and then that's fine...i'll do the back and forth..and open up...but i think i have to be pretty certain they will relate and accept...cuz yeah i guess a fear of being judged or something....interesting...love how other enfp's make me realize stuff! pretty cool!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Was wondering if other ENFP's experience this? The thing with me is if I'm comfortable around my environment then all that shyness and anxiety is out the window, but if the energy isn't flowing I become extremely introverted and uncomfortable. It's weird because I would say I'm 50/50 in the extroversion/introversion department. The ENFP description suits me 100%, but I tend to become anxious in certain social settings.
    I have that too. Anyone in his right mind I think does.

But when extroverts are comfortable, they easily get hyper. And when they're uncomfortable, it's just a matter of time before an 'explosion of energy' happens -- in any way.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yes. (Even though I'm an I, I can be an E. I actually like being an E but sometimes my shyness stops me. I'm actually overcoming it now, I tested as 45% I the other day :P)
    <3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

Even though I get +50% E in the test, I experienced the same.

I think, it's an Ne-property. If there are some negative experiences, Ne warns early (and often wrong), when it could happen again. so there's much carefulness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Also, I can't stand when I'm mellow and more to myself and people think something is wrong. :steam:. I don't like to play the "life of the party" role all the time. A co-worker told me "You have to be consistent, you can't be talkative one day and be quiet and to yourself the next...you confuse people!". WTH!
    I identify. Our contradictions make so much sense to us but it's often difficult to explain the different sides to other people. It confuses them. Older friends and family know it's best to leave me be when I need to close the door and mix their enthusiasm with mine when the extrovert emerges.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I love being social with others and meeting new people, but without fail, I'll feel anticipation for the upcoming event, and it'll make me feel keyed up or a bit anxious. Even if I'm going to meet friends I've known all of my life. I can't seem to suppress the anticipation of the meeting. And it makes me physically uncomfortable - I always feel a hundred times better once we've already gotten to our event and have had time to start talking.
    It always feels better once the conversation starts and then I forget the shyness/anxiety altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    Yes! I agree, but for me I wouldn't call it social anxiety, it's more like a moment of painful self-consciousness, when I feel like I've been put on the spot in a social situation & I may feel judged or just uncomfortable revealing myself in a certain way in front of more than one person.

I think it's connected to an ENFP thing where I'm much more comfortable being in the interviewer mode, rather than revealing myself. Although it doesn't make sense-- because when someone is opening up to me, I usually like them more, even if they are talking about their flaws (it helps me understand them better, makes them more complex), but if my flaws come out, I worry that it will make me less appealing and less accepted by the person.

MBTI
    ENTP

Was wondering if other ENFP's experience this? The thing with me is if I'm comfortable around my environment then all that shyness and anxiety is out the window, but if the energy isn't flowing I become extremely introverted and uncomfortable. It's weird because I would say I'm 50/50 in the extroversion/introversion department. The ENFP description suits me 100%, but I tend to become anxious in certain social settings.
    I've tested pretty low on E before, and I can relate to this a lot. People in most of my classes probably think that I'm very introverted because the environment is really is awkward and tense, and I feel uncomfortable. Same with various other situations. If I can find even one or two people who I get a good vibe from, then I'll all of a sudden be off-the-walls attention whore mode GO.

I'm guessing it's not just an ENP thing, but more of a human trait :P. I can't imagine most people are more outgoing in situations that they don't like.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

my ENFP friend has social anxiety disorder. He went for treatment for it but still occasionally gets mild panic attacks in big crowds/lots of confusion. Social anxiety doesn't care if you're an I or an E, although more introverts seem to display symptoms for obvious reasons. I've never been diagnosed and I am not self-diagnosing but I've always seemed to become anxious in certain social situations, more so than my peers, but I try and hide it by avoiding events that could trigger my anxiety. I think that is the thing for a lot of extroverts with social anxiety. They learn that participating in certain social environments makes them uneasy so they avoid them, believing they are introverts instead because they are 'shy'.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I never have any problem with being shy, I'm not usually off-the-walls crazy though. I often go into 'buisness mode' where I'm all about getting things done or having fun, which ever one suits the atmosphere best.
    The only time I seem to zip it and remain quiet for awhile is around my mother for the usual 'she wouldn't like a thing I'd have to say' reason.
    "If A is a success in life then X+Y+Z=A. X is work, Y is play and Z is keeping your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP

I dont have any problems with social anxiety now, but when I was a teen I would get tingly palms and hyperventilate before meeting people who I really, REALLY wanted to like me.

Naturally I would go somewhere private first to gain some composure.