User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i have watched some of the episodes this season and i recognize in Kenley quite a few of the challenges introverts face. i agree that she is a little immature but i still connect strongly with her 'outsider' problems. her defensiveness and feelings of being attacked personally is the core of the issue. i suspect, based on what i've seen, that her J is not that strong. i actually think that infp's and intp's can suffer the exact same fate as her in such situations. i do not have enough first hand experience with introverted sensors.
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Is she the one who looks like Betty Page?

The way they edit the show, portrays her as a snobby outcast. I think she says 'No one understands me, Ive had a harder life than you x10,' she says to someone if I recall.

I see it as, If she has had a harder life than everyone else and no one understands he, she is going to isolate herself more. Self fulfilling prophecy.

I liked last season better.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    Is she the one who looks like Betty Page?
    yep -gotta love the bangs!
    INTP/5w4 sx

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    I think INFJs go from quiet most of the time, to quietly seething, to crazy emotional outbursts if something is particularly upsetting to them. To say that it's 'immaturity' rather than the personality under stress is unfair, (even for Kenley). For me...my demeanor could never ever be described as calm. I'm a quiet person, but I'm a very passionate individual. I'm more like a contained ball of fire. But the INFPs I know are calm and willowy in the midst of a hurricane.
    Yeah, that might have been a little harsh. However, I probably am one of the least assertive people and rarely confront people even if they piss me off. I more or less, internalize it. From what they have shown, she just seems way too confrontational, lacks skills in diplomacy, and does not seem very self-aware. This and the fact that she's 7 years older than me were the reasons why I thought she was "immature". Maybe it was a mistake to compare myself to her and correlate that to immaturity. Maybe she was just showing the devilish side of the ESTP. Was that what you were trying to point out?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

No way I could take the kind of pressure they put people through. If I was standing there having my 'baby' ripped apart like that, the only thing I'd be able to do would be just stand there and cry. I wouldn't even be able to talk.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I think INFJs go from quiet most of the time, to quietly seething, to crazy emotional outbursts if something is particularly upsetting to them. To say that it's 'immaturity' rather than the personality under stress is unfair, (even for Kenley). For me...my demeanor could never ever be described as calm. I'm a quiet person, but I'm a very passionate individual. I'm more like a contained ball of fire. But the INFPs I know are calm and willowy in the midst of a hurricane.
    I was listening to the way she worded her responses, innuendoes, and the things she said off of judging in other episodes too were a bit..
    It's a shitty position to be in if you feel left out. And there are different ways to cope with it. Hers is one way, but there are others too, that is what I'm saying.
    I'm highly introverted and private. It's one of the reasons people see me as calm, then again they never know what's inside. My mom's sometimes laughing about how people think that I lack temper. I'm just that private and picky in what to reveal, even if I talk much and am active..
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    No way I could take the kind of pressure they put people through. If I was standing there having my 'baby' ripped apart like that, the only thing I'd be able to do would be just stand there and cry. I wouldn't even be able to talk.
    I write and take part in competitions. I've had couple of times when the response to my short stories has been read to me. The **** experiences ever. My sympathy goes to he participants in those shows. It's pretty bad how they are portrayed in the tv too..

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Yeah, that might have been a little harsh. However, I probably am one of the least assertive people and rarely confront people even if they piss me off. I more or less, internalize it. From what they have shown, she just seems way too confrontational, lacks skills in diplomacy, and does not seem very self-aware. This and the fact that she's 7 years older than me were the reasons why I thought she was "immature". Maybe it was a mistake to compare myself to her and correlate that to immaturity. Maybe she was just showing the devilish side of the ESTP. Was that what you were trying to point out?
    IDK your "immaturity" assessment of Kenley sounds familiar. I've been told the same thing by those closest to me and I'm in my 40s. Women are supposed to be less selfish and self-absorbed than men. Female INFJs might come off less favorably.

The need to defend the 'misunderstood' parts of the self is great for me. Criticism always feels personal. I throw daggers in those super-dramatic confrontational moments...not like Kenley...but then again I'm not on a reality show. I'm fascinated with her because she can't go to the INFJ-doorslam, and say f u Project Runway, pack her bags, and go.

My first career was in fashion design. In school, I frequently went ballistic when my garments were critiqued. At the time, I thought I was so 'ahead of time' and 'they didn't get me.' Part of it is true. My design aesthetic was way out there, but the criticism I received was mainly about construction. In the moment it felt very personal, like I was getting ripped apart, not my flat-felt seams.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yep. Even if it's an ugly baby it's still yours. You gave birth to it. And HOW DARE anyone think it's not adorable.

Glycerine

IDK your "immaturity" assessment of Kenley sounds familiar. I've been told the same thing by those closest to me and I'm in my 40s. Women are supposed to be less selfish and self-absorbed than men. Female INFJs might come off less favorably.

The need to defend the 'misunderstood' parts of the self is great for me. Criticism always feels personal. I throw daggers in those super-dramatic confrontational moments...not like Kenley...but then again I'm not on a reality show. I'm fascinated with her because she can't go to the INFJ-doorslam, and say f u Project Runway, pack her bags, and go.

My first career was in fashion design. In school, I frequently went ballistic when my garments were critiqued. At the time, I thought I was so 'ahead of time' and 'they didn't get me.' Part of it is true. My design aesthetic was way out there, but the criticism I received was mainly about construction. In the moment it felt very personal, like I was getting ripped apart, not my flat-felt seams.
    Thanks for helping me to see it in a new light. I forgot to factor in how the tremendous added pressure of reality television could probably bring out the worst in people and that the networks always edit out the shows to make one person seem the "annoying jerk" of a given show. They sure do a good job making Kenley look like the "jerk" of the show.