User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I've never ever been organized. I remember back in school I would be the kid looking in his backpack for 30 minutes after the teacher asked for us to turn in an assignment.

I never thought being messy was a big deal and i never minded it but it seems like me being messy caused my mom and teachers stress and so I began to feel bad because of it.

I could be organized for maybe a week or two, but like you said I always fell right back out of that routine. It does feel nice to clean up a room thats been messy for 2 months. Seems like as I clean up I'm cleaning up the clutter from my brain as well.

When I was younger organisation wasn't an issue either, life could be lived flying from the seat of my pants and tomorrow didn't matter until it happened. I wasn't overly messy but I wouldn't knock myself out trying to do chores all the time.

I think as you get older the details of life begin to mount up and organisation seems necessary at that stage, without it it becomes chaos.

I need a butler, a maid, a chef and a knight in shining armour then I could get back to being unorganised without guilt.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ

Yes, the older I get the more I realize the neccesity of organization in my life. I'm not sure how I am going to implement it in my life....but I'm trying.

MBTI
    INFP

Not surprisingly I can agree with much of what has been said. When I was doing the nine to five I was hyperorganized. Lists everywhere. It was a necessity or I'd have trouble staying on task.

As much of a release of burden the lists provided for me I can equally say it's a relief to not have them dictating my life anymore.

There is a sort of paradoxical organization in my disorganization, I think. I may keep a list on my refrigerator of meals which I can make with the items available but I tend to select from it by whim rather than systematically.

I keep a list in my kitchen of the kinds of household tasks which need to be done once or twice a year and select from that as I feel inclined, as well.

I do know that without some kind of an external cue my life can rapidly become overwhelming in the management department.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

In the past I TRIED to be organised but in the end it didn't really work XD

Being disorganised sometimes bothers me but not enough to make me start organising things.

I don't like it that I have to follow a certain set of 'rules' that I've set for myself or do the same things all the time.

MBTI
    infp

I like having purpose and ambition, but not neccesarily in a structured or organized way. It's more that I just need something I think I just need to do before I sleep that night... not schedules or deadlines, just sheer purpose and direction.

heart on fire

I don't like being boxed in or having someone else's agenda pressed on me, part of being free from other's agendas involves planning and that the interest I have in making plans, how to keep my life free from the invasion of others.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Similar to everyone else, I always try to be organized, yet can't keep my stuff straight. Its much easier for me to keep a running list in my head about what I have to do than to write it down a board or sheet of paper. That way, it becomes much easier to enact any changes to what I've planned out. IDK, I just can't stand having my entire day scripted (even though it'd surely be easier).

MBTI
    ISTJ

I LOVE making lists and rewriting the whole list when one thing changes.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ENTJ

Organization is sometimes described too aesthetically.

If things are messy, but you can find everything, then I would call that organized.
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Organization is sometimes described too aesthetically.

If things are messy, but you can find everything, then I would call that organized.
    Yes, this is true. A good example of this distinction is with me, because I will arrange the exterior (or visible part) of my abode such that everything is straight, the angles match up, and it appears to be clean and organized, but I'll be damned if I can find where anything actually is.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness