User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by headhurts View Post
    Well, many mention physical attributes.

Also, some of the people that made longer lists state *odd* qualitites like an appreciation of art or talent. How they make someone attractive i fail to see.

I was expecting more i guess

You don't see how talent is attractive!? Are you a stone sculpture? Are you a zombie? Are you the tin man? Or perhaps it's not your heart that's missing...

I do agree about the superficiality of some of these responses, though. It's not surprising given the whole reproductive instinct.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    You don't see how talent is attractive!? Are you a stone sculpture? Are you a zombie? Are you the tin man? Or perhaps it's not your heart that's missing...

pleasepleaseplease *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    oh. i guess its more reflective of my thought processes with some... relationships i am dealing with... my not backing down is probably more to do with loyalty to something in this case...

but yeah. i dunno why i bothered to mention it in the first place. some spur of the moment thing i guess...
    Yeh, makes sense. I don't normally back down if I care strongly either way. Or have noticed something I think none of the world sees.

I'm going to offend a few people maybe by taking up the topic and discussing it, but your point isn't that bad. As an ENFP guy you often find that you aren't the most forward person. You create strong bonds of friendship then girls run off and take the first smooth guy who comes through and talks them into bed. To tell the truth they probably liked you but didn't form that romantic bond at all because of your approach. That doesn't mean you change and be something you aren't, it is just good to realise so when you approach them to ask such things you understand the response. All people get sexually frustrated also, it is actually cruel to withhold sometimes. I learnt this when I had a friend who was STP maybe. Abstinence can be control as much as sleeping with someone. At least with the second you aren't dangling them in almost. You let the bond be complete. I was almost screaming sleep with her you asshole or at least kiss her. It's good to make things clear with people sometimes. It isn't romantic or anything like that, but it means they can make the decisions for the right reasons and not get caught up on things. Removes the whole games from it all (I'm talking about the damaging non fun part, not the flirting). One of the best lines I've ever heard as an ENFP was "give me some credit". Have that in your mind when you approach these things, the other person is just as complex and capable as you are. And their reasons are too.

p.s. if you want to out do the other guys as ENFP you can probably outflirt and create more interest than most, it is just we get quiet and don't back our skills because we think as a guy we have to do it the way the others do. Hence things like the comment you made. We start believing in conforming to things society says. As you get older and believe less in some barriers that aren't there, it gets quite easy to be honest and to not have people wander and feel no romance. Have a look at the perception of ENFPs in general. I've heard late 20s some ENFP guys realise this ability and go a bit nuts and to the other extreme. So yeh, back yourself in on it. We are too self conscious sometimes. But if you take notice of what that Ne is telling you rather than getting focussed on yourself, you'll realise the girls actually find connecting quite sexy , and probably a lot more than "hey want a fuck". The ideal I'm guessing for most people would be sex with someone who connects and loves them, it's just if you demonise sex then it is a bit unattractive to want you for it.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    You create strong bonds of friendship then girls run off and take the first smooth guy who comes through and talks them into bed. To tell the truth they probably liked you but didn't form that romantic bond at all because of your approach.
    ah... i get what u mean. i guess some of my relationships were more like... all she wanted was sex sex sex, and sometimes i was just tired and just wanted to chill and hang out. i mean for a month or so, the sex sex sex thing is cool, but later on, i want something more meaningful i guess... i mean i have to blame myself to some degree, bc its what i wanted in the first place... u know? and i find myself sticking around bc i'd feel guilty to some degree...

and that meaningful things i found with relationships that weren't as based on sex...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    emotions do not come from ovaries. they don't come from anything physical...

i've loved an ex that was waiting until marriage to do the deed, more than other ex's that i had sex with...

but a lot of girls... are exactly how i described. make no mistake!
    EMOTIONS ARE 4 CHAIN AMINO ACIDS RELEASED FROM THE HYPOTHALAMUS THAT DOCK ONTO RECEPTOR SITES ON A CELL AND CHANGE THE CHEMISTRY OF THE CELL TO SUIT AN ENVIRONMENT THAT WOULD TRIGGER THE RELEASE OF SAID AMINO ACID.

Unleash the power of the caps lock!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    EMOTIONS ARE 4 CHAIN AMINO ACIDS RELEASED FROM THE HYPOTHALAMUS THAT DOCK ONTO RECEPTOR SITES ON A CELL AND CHANGE THE CHEMISTRY OF THE CELL TO SUIT AN ENVIRONMENT THAT WOULD TRIGGER THE RELEASE OF SAID AMINO ACID.

Unleash the power of the caps lock!
    What your really shooting for is the pituitary gland (anterior and posterior). The hormones are mainly to control pissing or growing pubes, but some effects on mental state. Your main thing for emotions are the neurotransmitters, and neurotransmitters are not amino acids at all. They are monoamines, as in were once amino acids but then some enzyme decarboxylated them.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by headhurts View Post
    Well, many mention physical attributes.

Also, some of the people that made longer lists state *odd* qualitites like an appreciation of art or talent. How they make someone attractive i fail to see.

I was expecting more i guess
    So what if its superficial, im also only attracted to well "attractive" chicks. Now a lot of the traits mentioned earlier such as Independent, Confident, a sense of humor and Intelligent are all things I like in a partner but first before all else she has to be attractive. I could care less if you think that's superficial but I highly doubt you can fully disagree with me that you dont feel the same way.

At some point your gona have to "like" looking at your partner.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP

But in the land of neuropeptides, heroine is king.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    But in the land of neuropeptides, heroine is king.
    Heroin is not a peptide, its just a kick ass molecule. peptide is the bonds amino acids make N--C--O--N--C--O

Man I am just being an ass so forgive me.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP

Stop being smarter than meeee!
    <:'U