• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs and positive energy

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
For me it's mostly about people. But there are also places which I don't feel comfortable. Specific, rather than general. There are a couple of shops which I don't patronize anymore because the vibes are uncomfortble to me. Nothing overt. Just the general atmosphere.

There are also sites in RL which seem to vibrate with negative energy to me.

I do need a lot of positive behaviors around me to stay at optimum performance and if I don't have enough of that I create it. If I can't succeed in turning negative situations to my comfort I tend to move on.

It's a matter of staying healthy.

Lizzy1813

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yesterday was an all-negative-energy-feeling day for me.

:boohoo:

I was NOT a happy camper. My whole personality shriveled up like a raisin, and I just felt depressed. On days like those, I just try to get to bed as quickly as possible and start over again!

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I don't mind negativity/cynicism- sometimes there are issues that are just *reality,* something that we as humans need to face.

My motto: Ignorance is NOT bliss.

If the people around me are pessismistic/are valid in their reasoning, I don't mind.

However, if people are negative- like overbearingly obnoxious (know-it-alls), yah.. I tend to back away. People like that 'try' to come off rational, when in fact, they're really irrational/always have to try to prove they're smart or always right in some way.. to me, it's just a cover-up. Truly confident/smart people don't always have to try to *prove* themselves to others. They're more humble than that.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Can someone explain why neative energy is dangerous for NFs ?

I don't know if I can, Antisocial one, but I can state a belief.

I think negative energy is harmful to all living things. INFPs are one type which is more aware of its existence and sensitive to it.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can someone explain why neative energy is dangerous for NFs ?

This is as best as I can explain it.

NF = intuitive feeling = in tune with feelings of ourselves and others
negative energy = bad mojo for ourselves and others
we feel that shit.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
This post is based on observation.

To me it look like that many NFs need alot of positive energy to be around them. This works more for ENFs then INFs but INFs are probably better in hidding of this need.

It looks to me that things that are negative can hurt them a lot from the outside or the inside and thery is always some need to be more positive in life and about life.

Can anyone relate to this or explain the need?

NF's are naturally accommodating because they absorb the emotions of others. In order to be perfectly content, therefore, there needs to be no negativity in the immediate environment. As far as positivity about life in general, I do not know about this, I would rather hang out with realistics, rationals, skeptics, in a search for truth of life rather than the glossy version of life.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

we feel that shit.
Lol, I so couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Agreed!!!

:D

ixquic_creation

MBTI Type
INFP
Not wanting to change the subject, but it seems related in a way.

Does anyone ever get really "bad, angry, nasty vibes" from someone, to the point where you want to leave, but then your imagination "gives" you a possible reason(maybe an emotional insight or understanding, not that you know exactly what's happening) why that person is feeling/acting the way they are, and then their face changes suddenly and you can see their "inner pain/conflict" and then want to be their best friend?

I'm not crazy...even though I probably sound nuts. :D

Hahahaha! :D

Yes.

If you're nuts, then I'm nuts.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I guess it would really depend on the person.. Sometimes, when I have really negative co-workers, I tend to turn the situation around, and they become eerily positive, which is OK knowing that I had some effect on them.

I just accept people for the way they are. If I don't like the vibes I get from them/they're constantly negative, I still keep a friendly face, but keep my distance.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
travo7, i imagine reasons for everything, more than just social situations. i can imagine the good parts about being in a job. about a chick i hardly know, heck i've done it with a chick that rejected me multiple times. it's just the negatives that come with being an ENFP.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have one more question.
NFs say that they feel about things and that is their default state.
Form this thread it looks that you need positive atmosphere to function properly.

So here is the question:

What is the efect of this music on you?
Listening to first 30 second is enough to get the point.

Music

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Form this thread it looks that you need positive atmosphere to function properly.

So here is the question:

Music

I had to turn it off after 20 seconds because I was too terrified.
I just couldn't handle the vibe. Ha-ha!

This question is very funny (but interesting and legitimate.) As far as "positive atmosphere" goes, I think what an ENF really desires is harmonic emotions with the actual people involved. The music is just music. Most of the music I've written has some sort of morose undertone, but I enjoy playing it for people because it strikes chords in everyone at the same time. So I don't think music like this would cause any problems for ENF's, at least it doesn't seem that way to me. This question may apply to INFP's a little more, but I thought it was a real hoot. What does this music do for you?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So here is the question:

Music

Probably couldn't just sit and listen to it while doing nothing (then again I can't really do that with any music). Not because I feel different. It's just boring to listen to. However, I can see how it would work well while I'm working on something or am otherwise distracted. I suppose I would listen to it while drawing something dark and spooky, not while I'm drawing sunshine and flowers (unless something dark and spooky would be going on a moment later).

It probably doesn't help that I immediately know it's for Doom 3, so I end up imagining being a bad ass and blowing up evil nasty things.

But for me, music helps set the mood for whatever activity I'm doing. Inevitably, I move to the beat and infuse some of the mood of the song into the activity.

hugin

MBTI Type
NF

So here is the question:

Music

That brought back a lot of good memories.
I like e1m6 and e1m7 better.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I had to turn it off after 20 seconds because I was too terrified.
I just couldn't handle the vibe. Ha-ha!

This question is very funny (but interesting and legitimate.) As far as "positive atmosphere" goes, I think what an ENF really desires is harmonic emotions with the actual people involved. The music is just music. Most of the music I've written has some sort of morose undertone, but I enjoy playing it for people because it strikes chords in everyone at the same time. So I don't think music like this would cause any problems for ENF's, at least it doesn't seem that way to me. This question may apply to INFP's a little more, but I thought it was a real hoot. What does this music do for you?

Nothing really, probably becuse my T(which is very strong) is blocking this vibe you speak of.
I have choosen this music becuse I was thinking that here the difference between us is more obvious.

This is the music from one video game I used to play a lot when I was a kid.
(actually I still do).

It probably doesn't help that I immediately know it's for Doom 3, so I end up imagining being a bad ass and blowing up evil nasty things.

No it is not for DOOM3 it is improved DOOM I music.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP

we feel that shit.

Yeah we do feel it. I can take it one step further to say that beyond feeling it, we (or maybe just me) start trying to figure out why its there, what can we (or I) do to make it go away or better. Or if i have to just get out of the environment there is a feeling of "What could I have done to make it better'

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
I mean things like vulcanic eruptions , tsunamies , earthquakes ..... and stuff like that.

There is no human cause but there is a lot of dead people.

Yeah but those things aren't negative in themselves, its nature. What makes them negative are the emotions of people surrounding them. For example, if someone has died as a result of a volcano, then people are sad because of the loss therefore people begin think volcano= death. And the thought of a volcano eruption immediately evokes fear, thus the negative energy.

V

violaine

So here is the question:

Music

I was fine with it, though I didn't find it particularly dark? I quite like intensity though. So I don't really turn away from things sometimes just because I get a bad vibe. Long-term conflict when I can't remove myself from it is about the only "bad vibe" situation I find very difficult to handle.