★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Isn't it like that for everyone, though, not just NFs? If you're in an environment where people snipe and gripe all the time, surely other types find it tiresome at least ...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by aufs klo View Post
    ^jumping off of that^

I know I am pretty in-tune with "energy" as a part of myself and others (...god i'm such a hippie...), but how do other NFs and non-NFs feel about that esoteric concept?
    i've said this somewhere else at some time but not to you...and it's funny to me so...

i'm pretty sure my dad was an enfp and i remember him telling someone that came over with a friend of his that she was going to have to leave because she was making him sick!! haha...i could NOT stop laughing...because she just had a lot of energy and it was pretty negative and intense and he just could not would not even pretend to deal with it...but he was just so funny and charming that he could get away with things like that...so funny...right? haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

I know what that means. I feel that same way around some people I know and take them in small doses. I think of them as "energy vampires." Can literally feel the negativity sucking the joy out of my being. They go away after their tirade feeling much better and I feel drained.

I will only make an exception to receive someone's venting if they are very dear to me and if I have the energy. Otherwise that's just a plain no-no for me.

Face it. Life's pretty unpleasant at times. I can either let it get me down by fussing about it or listening to someone else do it or I can create as much positive energy around me that I am able to make it doable.

I am in mind of a newspaper article I read recently about a study which said that laughter is contagious and much more so than negativity. I'm not sure how this holds true for all personality types but I know that , for me, I need to watch how much negativity I allow to preoccupy my time.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I don't get people on that one. When I feel that bad, I stay home till I've figured it out. The last thing I'm gonna do is go out and make everyone miserable by my contagious bad mood. And if I have to, I'll try to focus on the reason I have to go out,instead of vibing out those emotions.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I don't get people on that one. When I feel that bad, I stay home till I've figured it out. The last thing I'm gonna do is go out and make everyone miserable by my contagious bad mood. And if I have to, I'll try to focus on the reason I have to go out,instead of vibing out those emotions.
    Right I see, you've seen my posts Amargith and INFPs, do I seem to be doing that? Just want to make sure, I try to give good vibes.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    Right I see, you've seen my posts Amargith, do I seem to be doing that? Just want to make sure, I try to give good vibes.
    Grin, no, not that I'm aware of
    It's also something that the internet thankfully softens, so if anyone were doing it, it wouldn't such a big deal
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have one more question.
    NFs say that they feel about things and that is their default state.
    Form this thread it looks that you need positive atmosphere to function properly.

So here is the question:

What is the efect of this music on you?
    Listening to first 30 second is enough to get the point.

Music
    I guess I do need positive energy. I know this because I've been surrounded by the bad my whole life and I need to catch a break. On message boards I hate it when things turn ugly for no reason. Why not have a debate instead of an all out grudge match? I've seen a lot of online WWE type stuff with arguments and those are just lame and childish.

And the music made me think about actions movies from the 80s, lol. You know when someone is sneaking into an old warehouse and the "good" guy is snooping around trying not to get caught. But I like it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Very interesting topic, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This post is based on observation.

To me it look like that many NFs need alot of positive energy to be around them. This works more for ENFs then INFs but INFs are probably better in hidding of this need.

It looks to me that things that are negative can hurt them a lot from the outside or the inside and thery is always some need to be more positive in life and about life.

Can anyone relate to this or explain the need?
    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I can somewhat agree. I wouldn't say I need positive energy, but what I need is absence of negative energy. It was harder before I realized that I can be ok without positive energy as long as there's no negative either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I prefer positive energy, but I don't necessarily need it all the time. When I'm on my game, I exert the positive energy myself until it catches on with the people I am around. It usually does.
    I would say that I'd rather have neutral or positive energy. Sometimes neutral (not positive nor negative) is the best for me because it let's me feel what I am feeling not what somebody else is feeling (which I do very easily). The positive feeling will suck me in somehow and it makes me hard to pull myself away from it so these days I guess I prefer neutral over overly positive. Or rather genuine (and not overly) positive. ...hmmm... I don't know.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 01-02-2009 at 12:38 AM.