User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INtP

What can one do for an INFP that seems intent on avoiding a good deal of 'positive energy', and ends up focusing on the negative, more often than not?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

enroll him/her into therapy, thats just not normal.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

I am diging tis one up since many NFs joined lately and I am interested in their opinion about this.

Also in the post 52 there is one more question if someone is interested.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I am an INF and I need a lot of positive energy around me to feel good. I get really dragged down by other people's negative vibes.

I've learnt how to project my own positive energy outwards when it is lacking in the environment. It's like tapping into solar energy in the heart region and then shining it out in all directions. It really seems to make a difference to other's moods, but I do not always remember to use this trick when I need it most!

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm an infj who just kind of withers around masses of negative energy. It's like taking a flower and sticking it under a damp stairwell. I'm better now about leaving situations where there's a lot of negative energy, or leaving to recharge myself often if I can't leave the situation. Sometimes I'll think I have an insight into why they're that way and really really want to help them. But I also perceive that my attempts at help are often seen as judgments.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Maybe but to me as an outsider it look that SF feeling are more shallow so they can change their state more quickly.
    Finding it really amusing that the other SF has commented on this exact sentence but care to explain your reasoning?

I'm sure most people dislike negative energy within themselves, it'd make sense that they'd want a neutral/positive environment around themselves.

Regarding negative events. The cause might be people or things, but I really don't like chaos within my environment. Therefore mess can drain me as well as people's problems (even if I will try to improve things)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I am an INF and I need a lot of positive energy around me to feel good. I get really dragged down by other people's negative vibes.

I've learnt how to project my own positive energy outwards when it is lacking in the environment. It's like tapping into solar energy in the heart region and then shining it out in all directions. It really seems to make a difference to other's moods, but I do not always remember to use this trick when I need it most!
    I thoroughly agree as well! Sometimes it's like a switch goes off, and I go from everyone's shared prespective of, "this sucks," to focusing 100% of my energy to getting everyone excited about almost anything.
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ hmm...me too i think. i can't just be upset about something for very long...if i'm in a group and something has ruined our plans or something i'm likely to figure out a solution or something else we can be excited about.

i like to change the focus to something positive if i can.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

I can't deal with toxic energy! I had to move myself to a different workstation at work because there are a couple of females in the room that exude negative energy flow. It brings my spirit down. Every time I see them, I get really bad migraines. Even when they don't speak, it's still there.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

^jumping off of that^

I know I am pretty in-tune with "energy" as a part of myself and others (...god i'm such a hippie...), but how do other NFs and non-NFs feel about that esoteric concept?
    What's up universe?