• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You know you're an INFP when...

-You attack your own arguments
-Space out and accidentally make someone feel uncomfortable by staring at them
-Become a vegetarian
-Sympathize with the monster from a horror/sci fi flick
-Lose something in the process of trying to find something else
-Somehow relate every movie you see to some political or spiritual message
-Actually enjoy 1984 and Brave New World
-Apologize to someone for something that happened like 10 years ago, like "I'm sorry I didn't tell you your shoe was untied".

Haha, I know someone like that. You INFP's are funny. :smile:

Charmain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

-Become a vegetarian
-Apologize to someone for something that happened like 10 years ago, like "I'm sorry I didn't tell you your shoe was untied".

LOL! True!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
...When you find things funny that no one else even notices.
... When a whole room gives you a sideways glance because you just laughed at something seemingly irrelevant/inappropriate etc
... You not only understand it but love it when people start explaining about things with the most abstract sort of metaphors and analogies

-Become a vegetarian

...Ah, the truth hurts.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
You let your room//house become almost un-liveable before you happily clean in, making in tidy (everything stuffed into cupboards) before it returns to a garbage dump two days later

You feel awful when you say something bad to someone, even if they have been much, much meaner to you in the past, and apologize. (LOL, happens all the time)

That's my INFP wife all day long.

B

beyondaurora

You're INFP if you've read this entire thread and got excited when you related to the posts, then wondered if there was something wrong with you when you didn't with others. Therefore you contemplated about "self," (see, candylandjoe knows what he's talking about!) and by doing so, wasted about ten minutes of your life that could've been spent doing something productive.

Spot on. :yes:

beautiful.disaster

MBTI Type
INFP

yea that DEFINETLY is spot on. daydreaming, to others just seems useless but you on the other hand, although KNOWING it probably wont make a difference to reality, you love it and thinking in some way by daydreaming and thinking things over you will better yourself and the world.

here some other ones i found..
you know ur INFP if..
..when you want to express emotions you will often go looking for a song which will express those emotions (as you cant do it properly yourself)
.. you probably wont have to go looking for long for emotional songs. Youve stored them on your ipod and know exactly where they are and the effect theyll have on you.
.. you are told to open up to people but when you did people think you overanalyse, arent realistic, a bit nuts
.. you have tried many a time to be logical after fluctuating moods and feelings but youve realised theres not much you can do about it. Feelings is who you are and what holds you together (well values really but you guys probably get what i mean)
.. you generally cant hate anyone , although if you manage to develop some sort of negative energy towards someone (this is because theyre mistreating people, going against your values and the way you believe a person should treat others), it is VERY strong. You may think of getting revenge on them somehow (but youd never actually do that. Its against your values)
..amongst a crowd of logical thinkers, you question yourself as because of all the time youve spent daydreaming and theorizing life, that you havent done much action in your life (or you dont think you have) and they seem to have done alot. Their actions and achievements are valued alot more in this world. this takes a toll on your selfworth.
.. at the same time of realising you are an INFP and finding like-minded you are reminded of how bittersweet it is to be one.
..you may feel empty at times if what you do seems "meaningless" and "purposeless".. you find this hard to explain to others.

Serenity

I am shocked, well amazed that finally I have found a personality type that explains where I belong and that I am not the only one not knowing what to do with my life because I want to be doing so many things.
That I am not the only one thinking that I should be doing something to change the world bit by bit.
That I really need to do my daily chores daily instead of daydreaming about them being done and me relaxing in a meadow full of butterflies and flowers.

.:).

Serenity

Also wanted to add that I agree with a lot of things listed as INFP traits...most of them actually.

That is exactly how I ended up on this forum, from an impersonal quiz to here.

beautiful.disaster

MBTI Type
INFP
I am shocked, well amazed that finally I have found a personality type that explains where I belong and that I am not the only one not knowing what to do with my life because I want to be doing so many things.
That I am not the only one thinking that I should be doing something to change the world bit by bit.
That I really need to do my daily chores daily instead of daydreaming about them being done and me relaxing in a meadow full of butterflies and flowers.

.:).

Haha ditto that,Serenity:] I was amazed when I saw how spot on the INFP description was of me and explains where I belong etc.
before reading and finding out my personality type and looking at this forum I always thought I was the odd one out and that i daydream/think way too much. Im surrounded by thinkers and judgers who after time can understand how i think, still see me as strange, too emotional, too unrealistic. They tell me to be more logical and dont overanalyse but it seems impossible. Its nice to see there are others like me.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
if you don't already know about it, check out the INFP-focused globalchatter forum. Many of us here post regularly on both. TypC has people of all types and more variety, GC is virtually all INFPs, for and about.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread makes me feel like an INFP.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yea that DEFINETLY is spot on. daydreaming, to others just seems useless but you on the other hand, although KNOWING it probably wont make a difference to reality, you love it and thinking in some way by daydreaming and thinking things over you will better yourself and the world.

here some other ones i found..
you know ur INFP if..
..when you want to express emotions you will often go looking for a song which will express those emotions (as you cant do it properly yourself)
.. you probably wont have to go looking for long for emotional songs. Youve stored them on your ipod and know exactly where they are and the effect theyll have on you.
.. you are told to open up to people but when you did people think you overanalyse, arent realistic, a bit nuts
.. you have tried many a time to be logical after fluctuating moods and feelings but youve realised theres not much you can do about it. Feelings is who you are and what holds you together (well values really but you guys probably get what i mean)
.. you generally cant hate anyone , although if you manage to develop some sort of negative energy towards someone (this is because theyre mistreating people, going against your values and the way you believe a person should treat others), it is VERY strong. You may think of getting revenge on them somehow (but youd never actually do that. Its against your values)
..amongst a crowd of logical thinkers, you question yourself as because of all the time youve spent daydreaming and theorizing life, that you havent done much action in your life (or you dont think you have) and they seem to have done alot. Their actions and achievements are valued alot more in this world. this takes a toll on your selfworth.
.. at the same time of realising you are an INFP and finding like-minded you are reminded of how bittersweet it is to be one.
..you may feel empty at times if what you do seems "meaningless" and "purposeless".. you find this hard to explain to others.
Nice! This is really accurate, at least for me anyway. :)

Hmm... You know you're an INFP when you act like a stoner...?

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFP when, in trying to solve some kind of tactile problem, you create about ten other, more serious ones. Sometimes I feel like King Midas, except everything I touch gets messed up in far more creative ways. :D

*Note: does not apply to lovemaking. :D

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You feel sorry for the 10th posting on an active thread page because it will get short shrift... not like those arrogant postings that start new pages and have a better chance of getting read.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

-Become a vegetarian

HAHA so so SO true.
How can there possibly be any doubt to your type

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When you are writing something you start out very neat with the intent of it all being like that, until you get too absorbed/excited and the handwriting turns into an almost unreadable messy scrawl :p

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You find it mind boggling and a miracle how T's manage to think without emotions :p