• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an infp if "what is self?" runs on the ticker in your head 24/7.

Self. Who knows?

Yup. When I try to choose what to do for an afternoon, for example to write a poem or short story, or to learn a new music composition software package, I think, which activity more reflects who I am and who I want to be as a person? (Then, I usually just end up procrastinating anyway. :D )

testmaus2

MBTI Type
INTP
I think a lot of these apply to INTPs too. The ones I relate to are:

You get lost in your own neighborhood.
You read in public
You're so capable of responsability yet you hate having it pushed on you.
Yyou can remember conversations from years ago, but can't remember to clean your room.
You get so lost in your thoughts you don't realize an hour has passed.

(for me it's like...you don't realize SEVERAL hours have passed)

I used to have a live-in girlfriend and she would leave for nursing school in the morning before I left for work. So I would arrange the stuffed animals for her to find later, usually with some kind of theme, like all the animals except one at the edge of the bed looking concernedly down at one stuffed animal that fell over the edge, or one stuffed animal with a book reading stories to all the other stuffed animals sitting around him in a half-circle, or something like that.

One Christmas I bought a set of Russ stuffed animals for my girlfriend. It was around Christmas, so they were Christmas-themed and had Santa hats...I call them Santa Kitten, Santa Hedgehog, Santa Bear, and Santa Mouse. I broke up with her before I got a chance to give them to her, and I still have them 22 years later...I still can't throw them out.

There's another stuffed animal I call Sad Bunny because she has very sad eyes. Same girlfriend and I won a large yellow bunny (Sad Bunny) and a baby pink bunny at the boardwalk in New Jersey, and we were walking along, and she saw a kid that looked very sad, so she gave her the baby bunny. I think Sad Bunny might be sad because she misses her baby bunny. It's 22 years later, and I still have Sad Bunny.

R

Riva

you have world domination plans​
with the care bears at the front lines...............
:hug:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
You kow you're an INFP when everyone treats you like you're fragile and meek, treats you with kid gloves, and you're ok with that, but then someon insults or angers you, and is shocked by the rock-hard armor under your clown outfit.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes the other person isn't even aware that they have a problem...but I am.
YES. And when you tell this person about the problem, they are not excited about it.
You kow you're an INFP when everyone treats you like you're fragile and meek, treats you with kid gloves, and you're ok with that, but then someon insults or angers you, and is shocked by the rock-hard armor under your clown outfit.
Hee. I think I've scared people shitless this way a few times.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

Amen, brother. Those clown outfits can hide a lot. :devil:

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You let your room//house become almost un-liveable before you happily clean in, making in tidy (everything stuffed into cupboards) before it returns to a garbage dump two days later

You feel awful when you say something bad to someone, even if they have been much, much meaner to you in the past, and apologize. (LOL, happens all the time)

Charmain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I noticed that this thread is a bit old....but I just have to say that I had so much fun reading the replies! I am an INFP......

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
you use self-deprecating humor

Yeah I do this a lot. I always worry that I will make a joke that will actually hurt someone else, so I just joke about myself. I think some people think I'm self-centered or fishing for compliments because of it though, which is not true at all!

LEGERdeMAIN

Yeah I do this a lot. I always worry that I will make a joke that will actually hurt someone else, so I just joke about myself. I think some people think I'm self-centered or fishing for compliments because of it though, which is not true at all!

oh, you're so thoughtful.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
...When you find things funny that no one else even notices.
... When a whole room gives you a sideways glance because you just laughed at something seemingly irrelevant/inappropriate etc
... You not only understand it but love it when people start explaining about things with the most abstract sort of metaphors and analogies

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
you know you're an INFP when you realize you're a partially insane false hero. Architect of another world. You are not only ordinary, but a sub-average, unattractive, unsuccessful, unimportant person who has nothing more to look forward to than escapist fantasy, as your body slowly ages, weakens, and dies.

find out more at dubyadubyadubya DOT eye ehn eff pee DOT cahm

ya herd me

Xzibitwink.jpg

I really need to get some sleep.

G

Ginkgo

You know you're an INFP when...

-You attack your own arguments
-Space out and accidentally make someone feel uncomfortable by staring at them
-Become a vegetarian
-Sympathize with the monster from a horror/sci fi flick
-Lose something in the process of trying to find something else
-Somehow relate every movie you see to some political or spiritual message
-Actually enjoy 1984 and Brave New World
-Apologize to someone for something that happened like 10 years ago, like "I'm sorry I didn't tell you your shoe was untied".