• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When you hold back on the best comeback, because you'll hurt some one's feelings.
:laugh: LOL, you're freaking me out. So true.

I will add:

- When you can manage to hold two opposing, possibly even contradictory, opinions/positions/ideas simultaneously.

- When you can never give a straight answer to anything.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know you're an infp when your sensing is so low you can want to check out a book, walk to the library, and not quite remember how you got there.

theplacesyoullgo

I say this out of love, because I totally admire INFPs, but...

when you're the flakiest person someone else knows. ;)

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
- When you can manage to hold two opposing, possibly even contradictory, opinions/positions/ideas simultaneously.

- When you can never give a straight answer to anything.

totally ditto on what you said here.
that's practically my life story!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You consider yourself an emotional sponge.

You realize someone is full of BS when you replay the conversation in your head, a week after you interacted with them. The other person thinks you are fooled, because, well, you were fooled at the time. Instead of calling the other person out, though, you continue to humor them to see where things go. You keep them at a friendly distance.

When you hold back on the best comeback, because you'll hurt some one's feelings.

Oh, yes. Even if they intentionally stung me, I get no pleasure out of retaliating.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say this out of love, because I totally admire INFPs, but...

when you're the flakiest person someone else knows. ;)

Hey, now! That's totally unfair... once you have our undivided attention you keep our undiv - OH LOOK A BUNNY!!! *scampers off*

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
You realize someone is full of BS when you replay the conversation in your head, a week after you interacted with them. The other person thinks you are fooled, because, well, you were fooled at the time. Instead of calling the other person out, though, you continue to humor them to see where things go. You keep them at a friendly distance.

lol, I definitely do that. It's like getting a joke late. Just because you got it late doesn't mean you didn't get it, and once you get it you know how it goes.

theplacesyoullgo

Hey, now! That's totally unfair... once you have our undivided attention you keep our undiv - OH LOOK A BUNNY!!! *scampers off*

Heh! I didn't even mean so much retaining someone's attention, because I haven't had a problem with that as much as getting INFPs to commit to ANYTHING. They make you wait until the day (sometimes hours) before something to confirm any plans, which seriously inconveniences the other person. It drives me up a wall because they make me feel like I'm bugging them when asking "are you coming or not?" (and maybe I am... but I have a life outside waiting for you!) With that said, I totally love my time with them.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
when they say your opinion doesnt count and brush you off

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you talk to a work colleague on the phone and draw them out while building consensus, then you realize that the main reason you fight with them in meetings is because of the setting with too many other people around...

Also, I agree with holding back on comebacks, but my reason is a bit different I think mainly about trying to live up to my ideal self, a self that would not resort to such methods, and how low it makes me feel to fail at that goal, before I think of the other person's feelings...

Two contradictory opinions? Only 2??:cheers:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh! I didn't even mean so much retaining someone's attention, because I haven't had a problem with that as much as getting INFPs to commit to ANYTHING. They make you wait until the day (sometimes hours) before something to confirm any plans, which seriously inconveniences the other person. It drives me up a wall because they make me feel like I'm bugging them when asking "are you coming or not?" (and maybe I am... but I have a life outside waiting for you!) With that said, I totally love my time with them.
Ummm, Ooops?:blush: Guilty as charged.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is so true. After I had managed to hurt an INTJ friend of mine I realized I needed to stop doing that. Now, I view confirming and sticking to plans as simply part of respecting someone's time. And if you disrespect someone's time, you disrespect the person.

Doesn't mean that plans aren't mean to occasionally be changed last minute, though. :D

when they say your opinion doesnt count and brush you off

That would only be INFP if said in jest. What causes them to say that to you?

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
That would only be INFP if said in jest. What causes them to say that to you?

Remember, 50% of what one says when joking is actually true :jew:

I mean, I know I can be like that sometimes. People think I'm really flexible, but once I've made a decision, I'm one of the most stubborn people around. I don't know if that's a trait or a flaw. Guess it could be both, right?

I'm flexible before the decision is made, and it takes a long time to get there. But once that anchor is down, it's not going anywhere. So I might jokingly say to someone something along the lines of "Your opinion doesn't matter", but I kind of mean it too.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
by "your" i was referring to the infp

So it's like a lack of confidence/assertiveness issue? The INFP won't share his opinion because he feels it doesn't count, and then brushes the person off?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So it's like a lack of confidence/assertiveness issue? The INFP won't share his opinion because he feels it doesn't count, and then brushes the person off?

I think she meant that other people brush the INFP off.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep people have told me basically that my opinion didn't matter to them in a group situation and that I was just dead weight for them. Then shortly afterwards they find out what I was talking about was correct and they end up looking like idiots. It's both a curse and a blessing to be ahead of people a good amount of the time.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think she meant that other people brush the INFP off.

:doh: Now I see what she was saying.

People are free to ignore my opinions at their own peril. :devil: