• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

Gothmawg

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an INFP when you lock gazes with an NT and suddenly grow hungry...

:rofl1:

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an INFP when...
you are more than capable of entertaining yourself in your own dorm room at college months on end.
(my roomates prolly think im psycho or something right now haha)

you'd give ANYTHING to relive your childhood again. Old pictures of you and your friends launch you into deep reminiscing of the good times you had as a kid.

You know you're an infp when......

You're sitting in the front row of your philosophy class to avoid chit chat with other classmates and your teacher relates a tree to a cheese sandwich, at which point the subtle laughing under your breath turns into body convulsing hysterics until you leave the room with all eyes following you out.

:yes:

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
your friends ask you if you wanna go to a party and you cringe at the thought of walking into a house full of crazy party animals (and when you do attend a party like this you always end up chilling behind the house sitting at a table with the other non-party animals wishing you were like the party animals).

you take the MBTI assessment test and it says you're an INFP!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you are writing something you start out very neat with the intent of it all being like that, until you get too absorbed/excited and the handwriting turns into an almost unreadable messy scrawl :p
LOL, I do this too.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
You understand people so well that you know how to mess with their heads, but for the most you dont.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
you are afraid that you're messing with people's heads, even though it's not your intention.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
...when you come up with an idea or comment that you think is hilarious in your head, share it, and nobody laughs because they don't seem to get what you're saying at all. (extra infp points of you consider explaining the joke even though you are well aware that it'd kill the humor entirely).

...when you blurt something out off the cuff and people laugh like it was the best joke they've heard in years, and you wonder why that was supposedly so funny (but your other quip from before wasn't!).

...when you consider a special cosmic meaning behind even the most mundane things... e.g., you actually take a moment to ponder the lyrical content of a cheesy pop song you hear in the grocery store.

...when you do an intense impression of an ESxP friend and everyone laughs their asses off because of the bizarre role reversal of it all.

...when you come up with a great, solid idea or plan, but shoot yourself in the foot when you share it with others because you overuse disclaimers like "i could be wrong, but"... and you only realize later that those kinds of disclaimers only really work on INF's like yourself. d'oh.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
...when you consider a special cosmic meaning behind even the most mundane things... e.g., you actually take a moment to ponder the lyrical content of a cheesy pop song you hear in the grocery store.

I do this all the time HA HA! love it

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you come up with an idea or comment that you think is hilarious in your head, share it, and nobody laughs because they don't seem to get what you're saying at all. (extra infp points of you consider explaining the joke even though you are well aware that it'd kill the humor entirely).
Oh god, all the time ><

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
you are afraid that you're messing with people's heads, even though it's not your intention.

LOL and yes!

...when you come up with an idea or comment that you think is hilarious in your head, share it, and nobody laughs because they don't seem to get what you're saying at all. (extra infp points of you consider explaining the joke even though you are well aware that it'd kill the humor entirely).

...when you blurt something out off the cuff and people laugh like it was the best joke they've heard in years, and you wonder why that was supposedly so funny (but your other quip from before wasn't!).

...when you do an intense impression of an ESxP friend and everyone laughs their asses off because of the bizarre role reversal of it all.

...when you come up with a great, solid idea or plan, but shoot yourself in the foot when you share it with others because you overuse disclaimers like "i could be wrong, but"... and you only realize later that those kinds of disclaimers only really work on INF's like yourself. d'oh.

So I am not alone in this. Good to know.

~~~~~~~~

... when your driving instructions through a neighborhood involve things like "turn left at the house I would have liked to play in as a kid. You will know it by all the bikes, trampoline, a pool, and few hula hoops in the yard" and "turn right by the cute house with the pink shutters and yellow flowers around the mailbox" instead of just "turn left on Main Street".

... when in the middle of a conversation you blurt out a sensitive subject because something in the physical reaction of the other person makes you read something about them. Like once when I was very pregnant, I just blurted out to a woman I was talking to "I HATE being pregnant. You are so lucky you don't have to put up with the kicking and blatter of a marshmallow." She had been uneasily starring at my tummy. Later I found out she had just miscarried and was really upset by it. I didn't know. I felt really bad.

... when you spend hours making sure your art room is just perfect so you can begin your next project, but forget to start dinner, do laundry, or wash the dishes.

... when a friend calls you crying about a breakup and you try to cheer them up by saying "I heard xxxxx just broke up with his girlfriend last week and you have always liked him. Now is your chance," instead of comforting them about the pain they are feeling. When they get mad at you, you tell them it is for the best (everything is) and this gives them so many more opportunities to be happy.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when you listen to the song "Forever Young" and tear up a little.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
when being yourself is impossible and being someone else is hard :D

jk

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
- you like "things" and "people" to be natural and unpretentious even though you secretly take off points when they don't measure up to your ideals

- your friends constantly tell you to just "spit it out" when you just want to sit there and chew at your lips and think of the best way to describe something

- when you know something, when you know every aspect of something, but can't explain them to others because you can sense that they just want a concise, coherent answer but you have a whole dot-dot-dot map going on in your mind where every dot needs to be explained and then crossed and then criss-crossed and then and then ...

- when you get inspired every other month by someone who Made A Difference Against All Odds and feel hopeful

- when you confuse yourself to be an INTJ/INFJ/ENFP

- when you pick yourself apart for every little flaw, all except for your intuitive abilities because Intuition is Awesome

- you spend a lot of time recharging, like a lot a lot

- you recoil when people get gushy and all The World Is Full of Love And Good

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
...when you go out for an evening walk and are too busy contemplating to notice it's cold until after you get back home (that is, if you can find your way back xD)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
... you know that you would be rollin' in dough if you could just find a way to monetize your soft fluffy hugableness like that stupid Downy fabric softener bear...

... also, when you post something that's funny, and you know it's funny, in a thread but then you delete it before hitting the submit button because even though it is funny and non-offensive, you're afraid that someone might take offense at it...

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
when you finally accept how sensitive you really are and feel extremely grateful, if someone understands... and when you can laugh about it... and when you feel there is a place for you somewhere... when you slowly learn to let it be...

Malkaro

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you`re an INFP when:

[Read everything that was posted.]