• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I don't think it is necessarily a good thing. Knee-jerk rebelling, to be rebel for the sheer sake of rebelling, mindlessly, seems as bad or worse than conforming for conformity's sake.

It means being totally controlled by that which one rebels against instead of being an indepedent, free-thinker.

Quite, that's why I never acted like that in my teens. Other people's opinions never really mattered enough to me for me to be so afraid of the hold they might have over me. I think that sort of rebellious mindset comes from a fear almost of engulfment, of being so overwhelmed by another person's thoughts and feelings that the only defense is to be radically different to them in every respect. I suppose someone with a secure sense of self in the first place doesn't need to go to such lengths.

It's funny how much teenage rebels often end up resembling their parents once they reach middle age...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Actually, my last post belatedly caused me to think of another one:

In order to rebel against your own rebeliousness, you refuse to rebel

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You forget to eat or go to the bathroom until you're about to explode

BZZZZ. You could also be an SP, so cross that one off the list.

wolfy

awsm
Originally Posted by Flush View Post
You forget to eat or go to the bathroom until you're about to explode

BZZZZ. You could also be an SP, so cross that one off the list.

Agree. Me and my kids do that.
Kind of funny how your name is Flush.

I gotta go peepee now :alttongue:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...sorry for my belated reply.
My point about being all emo, and rebelling in this way seeming like a good thing is sometimes people remember the idealist state they were trying to achieve, and retain a certain affection for it, and even respect. I do reliese this isn't always the case, I'd be willing to compromise for acceptance....which often happens when a generation choses a rebel persona. Examples in case, the James Dean persona, the 1960's hippie etc. They often get villified at the height of popularity, and then get integrated into the general land scape, and often the next generation, or even the next one admires the ideals behind it, and you have a revival. What's not to love, tortured artist souls, desperate to express themselves but feel suppressed, disconnected,and misunderstood. I missed out by about ten years, I'd have made a great emo kid.
emo.jpg

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
You refuse to admit that some people are truly evil, despite having every contrary evidence infront of you.

When your sitting in a park filled with flowers, you suddenly start crying as a rowdy SP drunkard tramples on few, an incident which you interperate as symbolic and metaphorical in nature.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sizing people up(analyzing others) is an obsession for you
at least deciphering the vibes you get from them.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
You refuse to admit that some people are truly evil, despite having every contrary evidence infront of you.

When your sitting in a park filled with flowers, you suddenly start crying as a rowdy SP drunkard tramples on few, an incident which you interperate as symbolic and metaphorical in nature.

Hehe, interpreting symbolism is an S thing. For us there is nothing symbolic or metaphoric about it. It's the needless destruction and ending of something beautiful and artistic, that could've stayed that way.

I don't know about INFPs, they might be more attached, but my empathy for flowers isn't that high, there'd just be a cringe in the back of my mind each time you crushed one.

Also on another level I would find a drunkard in the flowers quite amusing because of my love of anarchy. And maybe join them or go talk to them if it looked fun.

How do you INFPs differ from ENFP on this?

(You're right on the evil part. We more have to class them in an unfixably troubled category.)

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
You both love people and loathe them with everything you have simultaneously.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
you have too many enthusiasms and try to do too much

youre moved to tears by the TV adverts

Lotr246

You find that the thing you hate the most, in time, naturally becomes the thing you love the most.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You both love people and loathe them with everything you have simultaneously.

Hopefully not the SAME people, however!

Sometimes you can't bear the funniest comedy, as it is just too painful to keep laughing at the misfortunes of others.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
Sometimes you can't bear the funniest comedy, as it is just too painful to keep laughing at the misfortunes of others.

So true.

Having decided that someone is an utterly obnoxious asshole, you start thinking of ways you can help them become a nicer person.

lol I can't control myself

You know you are INFP, when you spent a sleepless night worrying about something you said to a work college, only to find out, not only did it not hurt their feelings, they've forgotten about it.

And all my coworkers are (S/N)Ts... imagine that.

you're so capable of responsability yet you hate having it pushed on you.
True.

I can relate to a lot more in this thread, but enough with the crtl+c crtl+v... :)

celiapleete

MBTI Type
INFP
So true.

lol I can't control myself

And all my coworkers are (S/N)Ts... imagine that.

True.

I can relate to a lot more in this thread, but enough with the crtl+c crtl+v... :)

Oh my god, I can relate to all of those. And more.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You look so damn adorable in that penguin costume! :wubbie: