• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
you:
~re-live the conversations that you either f'd up in or were victorious
:yes:
~have the contingency planning and persona of a detective, but the assertiveness of a limp noodle(unless your curiousity probes too far)
Disagree on the assertiveness, but my line goes exactly down the middle between "T" and "F".

It's funny - I've never thought of a detective as being that aware of contingencies, but I guess they would have to be pretty good at that. I was thinking instead Machiavelli skilz, when you mentioned awareness of contingencies, but the goals would often be very different.

However when Machiavelli said "There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new order of things. For the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the older order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order, this lukewarmness arising partly from fear of their adversaries, who have the laws in their favour; and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who do not truly believe in anything new until they have had actual experience of it." M is explaining one of the very things that INFP's have the hardest time comprehending; at least to the extent that they have reached the point of living it, versus simply intellectually conceding it.

~would willing talk to a serial killer if he/she could hold up their end of the conversation

~You induldge in the dark thoughts like others do chocolate
:yes::yes::yes: The force is strong in this one.

you allow things to happen, rather than making them happen
even though you see it coming ahead of time
;);););)

Existentialism is your middle name

Deciding on a career is difficult because you have so many interests
:blush::cheese::yes:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kuranes - my error
assertivenes and aggression are twain different
i think we lack aggression, but not assertiveness

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
kuranes - my error
assertivenes and aggression are twain different
i think we lack aggression, but not assertiveness
I see what you're saying. I generally start out with people on one level, and I may or may not ever have to be ( or even want to be ) very assertive with them, as time goes along. But if they start striking me as someone who's consistently trying to "get over" on me, I can go well beyond assertiveness with them, and become quite aggressive, albeit however obliquely the situation may require.......

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
As an ENFP who is about 3-5% E, I think John Lennon (my fav INFP, well fav famous one :)) describes it well with 'watching the wheels'. (i transcribed off an old version not the album one)

People say I'm crazy
to do what I'm doing.
They give me all kinds of advice
to save me from ruin.
When I say that I'm okay
they look at me kinda strange,
"but surely you're not happy now
you're no longer in the game."

People say I'm lazy,
wasting my life away.
They give me all kinds of warnings
designed to enlighten me.
I tell them I'm doing fine
watching shadows on the wall,
"but don't you miss the good times boy?
You're no longer on the ball."

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round.
I really love the traffic flow.
No longer riding on the merry-go-round..
I just got to let it go.

People say I'm stupid,
giving my money away.
They give me all kinds of names and addresses,
designed to save me financially.
I tell them I'm just doing fine watching the flowers grow,
"but surely you're not happy boy, you don't own the whole damn world."

I'm just sitting here watching the world go round...
I really love to watch it spin.
No longer riding on the merry-go-round..
I just had to do it in.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
you:
~would willing talk to a serial killer if he/she could hold up their end of the conversation

hehe, I've got that one as an ENFP. I'm actually really interested in psychopaths.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Having decided that someone is an utterly obnoxious asshole, you start thinking of ways you can help them become a nicer person.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
You get lost in your own neighborhood.

(or is that just me? :mellow:)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
People mistake you for emo, but your poetry isn't that bad and you've never really got around to doing weird things with your hair, clothes and makeup.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJs foam at the mouth when they see you in action

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You get lost in your own neighborhood.

(or is that just me? :mellow:)

:steam:

I will have you know I reserve that particular activity exclusively for the neighbourhoods of others, thank you very much.

heart

heart on fire
People mistake you for emo, but your poetry isn't that bad and you've never really got around to doing weird things with your hair, clothes and makeup.

Emo is people trying to fake INFP. :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
you realize that all human beings are evil and good at the same time.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
you talk to your stuffed animal or toy, or your pen/pencils.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Emo is people trying to fake INFP. :D

What would worry me in that case is why in the name of the supernal presence and the sorrows diuturnal anyone would WANT to :shock:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would worry me in that case is why in the name of the supernal presence and the sorrows diuturnal anyone would WANT to :shock:

Hey, my thoughts exactly. I'm not exactly unhappy with being my type, though, but I get the point. Maybe being seen as emotionally sensitive is a romantic ideal these days...which in some respects isn't a bad thing, but why so focused on the negative side of things.
I dunno, teenagers and young adults, always seem to embrace what is seen rebelling, and some times contrary to societies values and desires. It's a good thing really.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hey, my thoughts exactly. I'm not exactly unhappy with being my type, though, but I get the point. Maybe being seen as emotionally sensitive is a romantic ideal these days...which in some respects isn't a bad thing, but why so focused on the negative side of things.

I agree! Im pretty emotionally sensitive but I think I tend to focus on positive emotions because I would prefer to feel happy as opposed to feeling sad. I think people think that because focused on sadness and negative emotions is the romantic ideal? dunno

Oh, you know you're an INFP if the person who just arrived in town you live in, has to show you around.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I dunno, teenagers and young adults, always seem to embrace what is seen rebelling, and some times contrary to societies values and desires. It's a good thing really.

Actually, that makes me think... maybe a lot of Emo's have TJ parents and the melodramatic Emo-ness is a sort of knee-jerk reaction against this? Worthy of further study, perhaps!

heart

heart on fire

I don't think it is necessarily a good thing. Knee-jerk rebelling, to be rebel for the sheer sake of rebelling, mindlessly, seems as bad or worse than conforming for conformity's sake.

It means being totally controlled by that which one rebels against instead of being an indepedent, free-thinker.