• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when you bookmark this thread for the times when you question your type again...

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an INFP when you bookmark this thread for the times when you question your type again...
Ummm, is there not a "You know you're an INTJ when... thread that INTJ folks bookmark to . . .

Never mind. On second thought, I doubt seriously if INTJ folks ever question their type.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know it's a requirement for INFP to question their type. It's the rulez:rules:

ejlewis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
...you retreat into your head to collect you thoughts - apparently my face loses all or almost all expression - and they comment, "Hey - you went away (or 'somewhere')." I have come to think that many expressed INFPs are prone to this.

Haha... that happened to me last night in the middle of a group photo. I sort of trailed off and forgot I was supposed to look at the camera.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Do INFP sometimes see things that aren't there? Like you think someone doesn't like you, when in reality, the said person feels indifferent about you. He/she doesn't even really know you exist.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
Do INFP sometimes see things that aren't there? Like you think someone doesn't like you, when in reality, the said person feels indifferent about you. He/she doesn't even really know you exist.

I've been guilty of this :D
live and learn

You know you're an INFP when...
When leaving a store and entering into the parking lot you begin to wonder how you always manage to forget where you park...and you just begin wandering in the general direction that you feel is right. And when you finally find your car it's like you're a pirate *cue Pirates of the Carribbean epic theme song* who finally found that X on the map and found the treasure!!!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Yes. And ONLY INFP's do this.:doh:

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
I am curious. Have you been accused of being rude to someone when you didn't know they exist?

I can see how this could happen yes. It's not like it's common, and I don't think it is necessarily something that would only happen with INFPs. If the INFP things the person in question knows him, or should know him, then this person's indifferent responses might be interpreted as negative. I like to double check my intuited perceptions against logic. I've been accused of something like this too, except the misreading person was an INFJ.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
When something is weighing heavy on you Internally but cause it's internal all you do is stand there and release an occasional quiet sigh of frustration at your predictament.

When that sigh means a thousand things/thoughts and worries that words would fail to explain. It's all internal anyway so a sigh seems to be the only way to release that frustration. Talking for some reason seems kind of useless like it won't solve it or make you feel better as the problem is usually internal but yet you know it would help hence the sighing.

Spoken from my own personal experience :cheese:.

Sigh!!!!

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
When leaving a store and entering into the parking lot you begin to wonder how you always manage to forget where you park...and you just begin wandering in the general direction that you feel is right. And when you finally find your car it's like you're a pirate *cue Pirates of the Carribbean epic theme song* who finally found that X on the map and found the treasure!!!
Well actually I can experience this, but I have made a habit of making myself a mental map of the parking lot, and drawing the path in my mind's map, of how I got from the car to the store, and then when I leave the store, I pull out my mental map and follow my mental drawing back to my car. My only problem with this approach, it happens sometimes at work, is I sometimes accidentally pull up the wrong mental map, and then feel kind of lost when the car isn't where I remember it.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
I am curious. Do many INFPs think in pictures? Something I experience now and then in parking lots: I will see someone wandering around in a parking lot, and I think to myself, "I wonder what car he is looking for", and in response I get a mental image of a car, and eventually when he finds his car it looks like that mental image I got when I asked myself about it. I would swear that I can read a person's mind if he thinks in pictures.

Does anyone else experience this? Is thinking in pictures common among INFPs?

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Not only do I think in pictures - I think in compete 'realities' - the inner world is complete with sight sound, temperature and emotions. Sort of a complete reality all its own that just happens to coincide with the outer world via the portal that is me. Sometimes I can pick up on other peoples inner realities - but it seems only sometimes.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
That actually is one of the things where I cannot relate so much to other INFPs, or at least descriptions from INFPs I sometimes read here in forums. Sometimes I think in pictures, but it is not that easy for me (I don't get a very clear image, mostly only a weak one), and I don't try it all of the time, only with some specific things.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
Not only do I think in pictures - I think in compete 'realities' - the inner world is complete with sight sound, temperature and emotions. Sort of a complete reality all its own that just happens to coincide with the outer world via the portal that is me. Sometimes I can pick up on other peoples inner realities - but it seems only sometimes.
I think this is a primary way that I read other people. Sure body language reveals a lot but when the person is not in front of me, I go inside to my inner world and send out my feelers to coexperience other's inner world. Is that extroverting with FI?

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when you dig out an old book/movie you have not read/watched in years just to reminisce a specific scene because it fits your current mood

Edit : Or an old thread :tongue:

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you watch a whole movie just to see that ONE part that you love, and then walk away as soon as it's over.

When you get upset for being stood up by your boyfriend/girlfriend...who you weren't even really going out with, except in your own mind.

When you feel like everyone has control over your life...except you. (Or maybe that's just me... :cry: )

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
When someone asks you for help and offers 15$, then after helping with all the heavy lifting your really sad and disappointed in yourself for not being more assertive when you refused the money.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you're convinced that nobody can feel things as strongly as you do, and you pity them for it, because feeling that intensely is so delicious.