• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"and as we go on, we remember, all the times we, spent together" .

You know when...

That whenever you hear this song or see the lyrics all of sudden all these memories start rushing of how I/friends felt during those last days of HS. I've cried to this song so many times in those days :cry:. We were all so afraid we'd never see each other again/scared of the future etc.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You know you are an INFP when..

Every situation, every emotion you feel at any moment, you can find a song that is appropiate. It's like you have your own personal soundtrack going 24/7.

Or is that just me? :unsure:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Every situation, every emotion you feel at any moment, you can find a song that is appropiate. It's like you have your own personal soundtrack going 24/7.

Yes! And, I can change the song to change the mood of the moment...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When your having internal conflict of values and you just can't bring yourself to talk about it cause I first have to understand what's causing it? What started it? How serious is it? As in does it look like a passing phase of internal confusion of what matters to me. Until I sort it out, i'm all flustered as if a tornado has went through my front yard and messed up all my clarity.

When I get a sense of these questions and they're answers. I personally feel much better and aligned with what matters to me.

Very confusing haha. I don't know if any other INFPs resonate with this at all heh.

Also I do notice a similar situation such as "a personal soundtrack".

It's very true and if what I'm listening to is not resonating internally with whatever emotion i'm feeling I'll change it *the song*. I can't listen to something not reflecting my internal state of emotions when under intense emotion only. Feeling content, more able to influence my emotions but if they are more raw? I can't influence them, I have to go with them. Maybe that describes it better? I'll shut up now haha.

Like if I'm sad... I'm sad. Listening to happy music may help alittle but I'm still sad and processing the actual emotion will be the only way to move forward as in listening to a sad song.

:yes:.

Last edited:

peterbreter

MBTI Type
INFP
i could be wrong but...
you know when you're an infp when...
you spot a cat and you give him your angry face :devil: and you 2 have a staring match going on ,
THEN you switch really quick to a happy face :cheese: just to see his reaction!

I'm embarrassed to say that I do this to babies that are on the shoulder of their parent or guardian or whatever. Or maybe I've thought of doing it and never actually went through with it. Definitely sounds INFP-like, though. :D

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
No one notices you in a crowded area until 30sec later...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Although you never tell anyone exactly what you need from them, you still feel hard done by because you never get it.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an INFP when some people think you are too weak-willed and is a pushover, while others think you are too strong-willed and is a stubborn *expletive*; and they are all correct.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an INFP when some people think you are too weak-willed and is a pushover, while others think you are too strong-willed and is a stubborn *expletive*; and they are all correct.

Very well said.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Often enough it's the same people, depending on what they want from you at the time. You also know you're an INFP when you actually care about their contradictory judgements of you ;)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
When you've acquired stealth.

"Hey I didn't know you were here!"

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
lol. All of these apply to me.

You know you're an INFP when...

You get offended when somebody declines your offer for a hug, yet, you have no probelem with people calling you a freak...

You spend more time dreaming about what a clean house you could have instead of actually cleaning it...

You feel bad for saying something to your friend that you thought was biting and mean, but when you apologize they say "Oh, that? Didn't bother me."...

:jew:

railroadwino

MBTI Type
INFP
When you did something good for somebody and you daydream proudly about it later only to get down on yourself because God/karma/whatever wouldn't want you being so proud.

ejlewis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
People tell you that you make a lot of facial expressions.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
When you're trying to have a serious conversation with someone and you retreat into your head to collect you thoughts - apparently my face loses all or almost all expression - and they comment, "Hey - you went away (or 'somewhere')." I have come to think that many expressed INFPs are prone to this.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ Yes!

- when you are just spacing out and your friends think you look depressed/sad/tormented but you feel none of those things!
- when it excites you if a friend knows what is 'you' or not. example: that is SO REBE! Me: I KNOW!!!
- when you only trust someone if you have thoroughly gotten to know her/him and is confident of their absolute loyalty to you
- when you skim books and get A's because you are good with tying ideas together and knowing what is 'essentially' important
- when in relationships, you need to be mentally stimulated to get 'butterflies' in your stomach, nothing like talking about a theory

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you're trying to have a serious conversation with someone and you retreat into your head to collect you thoughts - apparently my face loses all or almost all expression - and they comment, "Hey - you went away (or 'somewhere')." I have come to think that many expressed INFPs are prone to this.
Definitely. Especially when people consider you animated normally.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When something is weighing heavy on you Internally but cause it's internal all you do is stand there and release an occasional quiet sigh of frustration at your predictament.

When that sigh means a thousand things/thoughts and worries that words would fail to explain. It's all internal anyway so a sigh seems to be the only way to release that frustration. Talking for some reason seems kind of useless like it won't solve it or make you feel better as the problem is usually internal but yet you know it would help hence the sighing.

Spoken from my own personal experience :cheese:.