• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you NF's think of the other temperaments?

G

Glycerine

Just because we're F doesn't mean we're incapable of using logic as a primary method for our problems. I think he's just had bad experiences with NFPs in rl experience and hasn't come across the right ones yet.

oh ok. I hate to admit it but I might be kind of like what he described when I get extremely stressed or mad. However, I'm not too fond of it either, haha. I try really hard to go about things in more of Ti fashion. Both arguments makes sense though.

sade

Finally,
NF: Honestly, I'm mostly pissed off by NFs. Since I've spent my whole life developing my Thinking abilities, I think I get mad that they're so free to just FEEL. My favorite NFs are the fucked up ones, honestly; the ones who've repressed their feelings and are finally integrating everything back together. I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible. I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness, and if they're immature it's so hard to watch. Immature NFJs are hard to watch, too, but it's because they compromise themselves so much that it's obvious to everyone. Meh.

Unfortunately, I can relate at a level to this. Then again I'm probably one of the fucked up ones. Well, I was pretty much raised to the thought that feelings weren't valid and needed to be subdued and definately not expressed. That being said.. It's my problem. I don't wish it to affect or show to the surface, it's not like ugh.. Let's kust say I'm trying to learn out of it.
Meh.

NF: Hit or miss. With some I get along amazingly well and relate to, with some uh.. not. The ENFJ I know is like a second mother to me (she has known me since I was 12 and is about 20 years older than me) and we get along fantastically. The feeling is mutual.
NT: My best friend is an ENTP and I've had close friendships with NTs. As long as they don't get too hung up on rationality it's okay. Interesting conversations in real life. My brain tends to disconnect sometimes when it comes to male INTPs though. It might take awhile to understand.
SP: Fun, I usually like them much.
SJ: I get along with them, but feel the need to distract them every now and then and have difficulty communicating with them.

CaptainChick I'd ask if I was chill, but since I am batshit insane, uh.. :doh: I don't think I have courage to do so.
Please excuse the generalisations.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFs: You are great and terrible. Great, because great minds think alike, terrible, because you remind me of all the flaws I detest in myself. Imagine two windows looking out onto the world side-by-side. The same panes of glass tinted the same color, but only varying in their open to closed state and their degree of cleanliness. (Pardon while I lol at my own metaphor loving INFJness.)

NTs: You brilliant basta'ds. We are capable of such expansive conversation in the parlor on a comfortable couch. We might sort out the world's troubles once and for all, or so I hope. But woe betide us if we venture into a discussion of feelings, morality, or romance. It would be a "Murder Death Kill" of our temporary synchronizations of being. Farewell my short-lived shipmate in the boat called life. *waves tear-filled handkerchief*

SPs: What the f*ck to do with you wacky ass nutters? You're a mess you know that? You're all over the damn place. But God strike me down if I pretend you don't make me laugh, love, and err in spite of my better principles. *sigh* You exasperate me, but you make it worthwhile. And you draw out my envy because you have a grasp of this world, this tangible world that you always manage to experience so fully, that I will never achieve --only dream of in retrospect.

SJs: You sexy, stubborn, practically-oriented fuckaz. I don't want you anywhere near a position of authority over me. You will always fail to relate to what matters most to me. But as a mate, as a friend, you are dependable and trust-worthy with an unshakable inner compass. Though for slightly different reasons, you for your sense of duty, me for my sense of affection --we would walk through fire for the other, without looking back.

redacted

Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the NF's that just go by their intuition and don't try to back it up by logic?

Kinda. I'm talking about the ones that say stuff like "no, it just can't be like that; that can't be true!".

People that get Intuitions and can't clearly explain why actually aren't a problem for me. "I'm so sure I'm right, just watch" is something I say all the time. It's when they refuse to see a truth because it doesn't match their value system that I get annoyed.

Just because we're F doesn't mean we're incapable of using logic as a primary method for our problems. I think he's just had bad experiences with NFPs in rl experience and hasn't come across the right ones yet.

Heh, my best friend is an ENFP and she still pisses me off to no end! (In debate at least, which somehow takes up more than half the time we're around each other...) She always comes around to the dark side (Thinking) after a while though :)

G

Glycerine

ohhh, ok. I'm pretty sure I'm not like that. Many people would probably consider me a T at first glance IRL. Thank you for the clarification.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Heh, my best friend is an ENFP and she still pisses me off to no end! (In debate at least, which somehow takes up more than half the time we're around each other...) She always comes around to the dark side (Thinking) after a while though :)
Pfft, last I checked, BOTH enfps and infjs had thinking as their tertiary functions.

And Te pwns Ti debate, sorry hon, it just does.

:smooch:

redacted

Pfft, last I checked, BOTH enfps and infjs had thinking as their tertiary functions.

True. I find it pleasing when they start using their 2nd and 3rd functions with close to equal weight, instead of heavily relying on one.

And Te pwns Ti debate, sorry hon, it just does.

:smooch:

From a Te user's perspective, Te wins.

From a Ti user's perspective, Ti wins.

Te keeps trying to apply the hypothetical. Ti keeps trying to refine the inner consistency of the hypothetical. I'd say Ti is better because it finds the internal logical flaws (which is more what debate is about) instead of applying the system outward, which is great if you're a business man, I guess.

Meh. Stupid argument, anyway, since no one uses JUST Te or JUST Ti. There are all sorts of other functions interacting all the time, so every type is capable of lots of different kinds of reasoning.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
SJ - Love them, but I can't really communicate with them relationship wise.. friendship is fine but dang.
SP - Friends = Fine, anything else is beyonnnddd me
NT - My favorite of them all. INTP are my favorites, dated one for 3 years. Not clingy(in cases I've been in), and mostly logical, and are over analytical like myself so there's always something to talk about, and compatibility seems great. I think the most appreciative thing about INTPs is their ability to talk intellectually, hard to find in a lot of other types... well being only 21 yrs old.
NF - INFJ women are too.. I don't know, clingy. I feel like my personal space gets invaded consistently. INFP women are pretty chill, I don't mind talking to them(only know three), ENFP are awesome, I like them a lot. ENFJ.. eeeeeee too much feeling talk for me.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Finally,
I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible.

Yep. But then again, I don't care much for politics, so I don't have the desire to identify what is more efficient, only what I see as morally right.

I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness,

:shock: You're from Berkley and you're worrying about social conformity?!?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
NTs- cool, so long as they're mellow, not anal. One of my close friends is INTP; I love her sense of humor/philosophical thoughts.

SJs- one of my long time good friend is ISFJ- I get along with her really well. Other than that, XSTJ, I have a hard time really bonding with. We're neutral on a professional level.. friendship-wise? I just.. cannot really relate at all.

SP- ISXPs are okay.. SPs I know tend to take things at face-value too much, which is one of my pet-peeves. It's hard for me to share deep/relavent conversations with them, but they make great shopping/party buddies.

NFs- I love. ENFs, I tend to have more fun with- our conversations can last for hours it's crazy. INFs I know are sweet/sincere- I find myself sticking up for them often.

Oleander

MBTI Type
INFP
I've just been involved with an INFJ. Shortly after she went back home, she posted End of Story. She is probably right because my feeling would be to drift on seeing each other a week or two every few months where nothing can come of it but because she is there obstructs anything else from developing. At the same time, I can't help feeling that a lot of her reason was that she will take something in a way quite different from what I meant, sometimes how somebody with a bee in their bonnet wants to take it.

Trying to explain I meant something else just puts her back up that I can't tolerate her disagreeing with me (that is, disagreeing that what I say I mean is what I mean), and showing her how she risks repeating the same kind of mistake as others who may be doing it deliberately has her complaining angrily that I am accusing her of being one of that group.

I hate this sort of thing because it plays right into smirking gits full of opinions about 'women'. I think it's partly realism coming to play and maybe my own inconsiderate feelings that never want to lose anybody altogether no matter who else comes on the scene - after all, it's never bothered me to be 'second fiddle' - while she realises emotionally what I only see intellectually that a boring marriage with a house of her own is better than anything I have to offer.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't read anyone elses responses...

I guess there are people of each temperament (and breaking it down even further into type) who I really like and really get along with, and people of each temperament/type who I just don't want to invest deeply in, or dislike. It just depends on the individual and their maturity/interests/beliefs.

However most of my friends happen to be NF's. There's no great reason behind that, other than that we all tend to have similar interests and that's how the friendships began.

I've never had issues with NT's, though, and actually feel very comfortable around them, and haven't ever encountered any communication barriers/issues or anything, or conflicts related to the differing temperament (so that's why I find it curious when there's so much talk about nf vs. nt, or nf vs. sp, etc etc). I actually find it kind of refreshing being around NT's - I can joke around a lot more and don't have to bother with pleasantries.

I'm actually not friends with any SP's, although know I'm acquainted with some -- and think as a temperament they're rather delightful.

I work with some SJ's (and my mom and some other relatives are SJ's), although again, have never gotten 'close' to most, with the exception of one -- I've become really good friends with an ISFJ over the past couple of years, and she's a wonderful, funny, interesting person with complexities just like the N's. ;-)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
NTs -> most of my best friends are NTs. very intellectually fun. able to turn any situation into a deep conversation (which i love). they dont waste time on pointless small talk (thank god). over all they are a great compliment to my own personality

SJs -> my most loyal friends are SJs. they are the kind of friends that will willingly take a bullet for you. as much as people dont believe it, my few ISTJ friends are extremely caring about my overall wellbeing. my two ISFJs take this to an extreme. i can occasionally have a deep convo with SJs also.

SPs -> if im super bored and my NT friends are busy an SP friend is always a good call. they tend to be my most fun friends. somehow i always end up doing something crazy with them like setting off fireworks in the woods or having an egg fight in the back room of wegmans or something just plain fun. to me they are a novelty.

NFs -> my own temperament. I love NFs. they are the only temperament that truely understands me for who i am as a person. ENFPs can be much like SPs in some ways in the fact that im always having an adventure with them. my one INFP friend is great to talk to about music and just socialize in a very NF way. my another ENFJ friend is fun to have deep conversations with. they tend to be good people for boosting self esteem or bouncing ideas off of. my mom is an INFJ and a big encouragement.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
NT- I have a lot of NT friends, probably more NT friends than NF actually. I think that's mostly a gender thing though (more male NTs than male NFs). They are either really fun to hang around with or (only true for the XNTJs) get very arrogant and are surprisingly easy to beat in a logical argument.

NF- Awesome people! However, one thing I don't relate to necessarily is that when hanging out with NFs, you are often walking on eggshells. They like all sorts of humor- except when you make fun of the stuff they strongly believe in. A happy NF is your best friend, a grouchy one- your worst enemy.

SP- I party with these dudes all the time! :D Most are way crazier than I am.

SJ-The few I've become friends with are usually down-to-earth and open-minded types. They are uber-responsible and I don't know of an SJ who has not gotten annoyed by my overall apathy towards the little things in life.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
NF's are great for the most part. They can be also the most difficult people. ;) But generally, I just love me....hmmm....them....us. ;) NF's have what it takes - the deep feeling and intuition levels. I enjoy both of those very much.

SP's are plainly fun people. I love most of them because they are so fun and I love fun. (haha - I sound pretty stupid here). They are also many times very open to the possiblities and I appreciate it very much.

NT's are the most annoying but also the most interesting people because their way of thinking is so very different from mine. So, with NT's you always get a new viewpoint on things. NT's can be also extremely arrogant people and in those cases they make me absolutely 100% mad.

SJ's - know many pleasant SJ's and many non-pleasant SJ's. They are the most neutral in some ways even if they get me angry more than other temperament types because of their ignorance of some things.

Very much generalizations here, so not to be taken too seriously. :newwink:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
INTPs and INFJs are the two which are most appealing to me in a general way other than other INFPs.

Interestingly enough it is the dogged precison of many INTPs and the righteous attitudes of INFJs which are my areas of contention with the two styles.

Probably stuff I'm not done working on for myself yet? Yeah. Probably.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting that the NFs in this thread tend to categorize other types as to how good they are to party with? Are we not partiers? :party2:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think my relations to the types are about like this:

SP: The people I drink with
NT: The people I argue with
SJ: The people I don't quite understand

The SPs are great because they never seem to get angry, or if they do, they will mellow out real fast. On the other hand it is fun talking to NTs but when it gets out of control, there is no choice but to leave the subject since they don't like to back up and neither do I if I am sure about it. But SJs.. they are ok, if there's SPs around. The SPs are the link between me and SJs. If you lock me in a room with an SJ, it will be a really long awkward silence.

I wish I had come up with that.

NF: I'm fine with them.
NT: It depends on their true character. (I know an unhealthy one, not fun to be around)
SP: Okay, sometimes.
SJ: Difficult to breathe near, lol. I feel like I'm being constantly examined and then mocked.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Theoretical Template:

NTs: Very calculating, complex people with scientific minds. They are somewhat oblivious to anything that can't be analyzed, and attempt to systematize every aspect of life they are aware of into a coherent theory. They do have feelings of a very low-key, mostly unobtrusive sort except under severe stress. No strong repulsions or attractions (which makes them seem a bit clinical), but minor irritation with things that are incorrect. Best dealt with by sticking to intricate, abstract impersonal topics and impersonal arguments, and avoiding emotional displays.

SJs: Dutiful, disciplined, and pedantic people with an eye for detail and respect for institutions and authorities. The common man. They take pride in their work and check their process carefully to make sure they've completed all steps, and that everything they're responsible for is taken care of. They approach life in a fairly conventional way, and are unlikely to do anything out of the ordinary. Best dealt with by observing all procedures and customs (including local ones, regardless of where you're from) as carefully as possible, and keeping your word without fail.

SPs: Action loving, risk-taking hedonists with a zest for life, they abhor boredom and closed-mindedness above all. They enjoy doing physical things, the outdoors, and parties. They appreciate art, good food and drink, and earthy humor. They're quite likely to love honing and showing off their physical skills, such as sports and dancing. Best dealt with by being ready for anything, cheerful, fun to be around, and willing to do anything.

Experiential template:

NTs: Intelligent, witty people with a good sense of humor and often a perfectionist streak, which is darkened by a strong sense of frustration towards the needless incompetence and ignorance in the world. May seem somewhat detached on the surface but are actually quite shy and vulnerable underneath. Often have several narrow interests that they are very knowledgeable and opinionated about, and may have little interest in more general conversation. Usually have some degree of surface knowledge about things in an abstract sense due to sheer curiosity and a desire to see themselves as informed individuals. Best dealt with by being open-minded and honest, especially about what you know and don't know.

SJs: Pretty much ordinary people. They're fairly practical and focused on doing what they have to do to get through life safely and be respected. They can be rather stubborn and rigid about things they've become accustomed to, and sometimes romanticize the past, but generally figure out that they have to move on sometimes. They sometimes struggle more than others with mistaking what others expect from them with what they want for themselves, and this is probably the cause of the common "mid-life crisis," because it's often around this time that they begin to sort it out and find themselves. Best dealt with by being dependable and considerate.

SPs: They're fairly practical and focused on doing what they have to do to get through life, similar to SJs, except that their focus tends to be on pleasure and their own idea of self-improvement rather than respect and safety, although the degree of this can vary greatly. They're a bit bolder and more in tune with their instincts than other types, and this can be a good or a bad thing depending on the situation. They tend to dislike boredom and having their freedom constrained too much. Best dealt with by being open minded and having a sense of fun and style.