• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you NF's think of the other temperaments?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
basically i read the NT thread, i felt like there was a lot that i wanted to say to some of the so called 'logical' NT's, but couldn't. revenge bitches! :D

NT's: i get along with them pretty well despite what i just said. it's nice to talk to other N's out there. once again, i don't think talking about feelings is somehow illogical (go study psychology or whatever) but that's a rant i don't want to get into now.

SP's: we have fun together. as an ENFP, happiness is my 'purpose'. why do anything if it doesn't make you happy in the long run? i can't philosophize with a bunch of them though, not because they're necessarily incapable, but that they don't appreciate the more 'vague' or 'abstract' concepts. still good fun though.

SJ's: o boy. i appreciate their dedication and how they stand by their values, however i'll say that they're the group i have the most trouble communicating with. i'll say that NP's are the most impractical group of all the MBTI types. not only do we like theory, we like to talk about theory just for the sake of it and dwell in the question. i tell ya, that just drives the SJ's nuts. i think i might get along decently with an ESFJ but i've yet to really meet one and have a conversation with.

now your turn. :D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I think my relations to the types are about like this:

SP: The people I drink with
NT: The people I argue with
SJ: The people I don't quite understand

The SPs are great because they never seem to get angry, or if they do, they will mellow out real fast. On the other hand it is fun talking to NTs but when it gets out of control, there is no choice but to leave the subject since they don't like to back up and neither do I if I am sure about it. But SJs.. they are ok, if there's SPs around. The SPs are the link between me and SJs. If you lock me in a room with an SJ, it will be a really long awkward silence.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
NF- they're alright. Sometimes frustrating because they're too much like me.
NT- they're alright. Sometimes frustrating because there's a touch of arrogance to 'em.
SP- they make great buddies. Sometimes frustrating because they don't understand me AT ALL.
SJ- they're alright. Actually, I've had very good relations with them (I only know 3 for sure). They don't understand me, but they actually try. Very organized. Takes initiative. Yup, I like 'em.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I think my relations to the types are about like this:

SP: The people I drink with
NT: The people I argue with
SJ: The people I don't quite understand

The SPs are great because they never seem to get angry, or if they do, they will mellow out real fast. On the other hand it is fun talking to NTs but when it gets out of control, there is no choice but to leave the subject since they don't like to back up and neither do I if I am sure about it. But SJs.. they are ok, if there's SPs around. The SPs are the link between me and SJs. If you lock me in a room with an SJ, it will be a really long awkward silence.

SP: I agree with what you said about SPs. The ones I know are super friendly and accepting "party" type people. We can occasionally talk about more abstract concepts or "real" things as I call them, but for them it's like a detour from the moment, whereas for me it is the actual path I'm on. So it's hard for me to really connect on that level. That aside, a couple of my best friends are sp.

NT: I think I know an ENTP, but I'm not 100% on that. He and I can really talk about anything, but yet it is more of a friendly, playful argument than an inspirational sharing of ideas(too cheesy?). He always tries to convince me that he's right, in so many words.

SJ: My father is an ESTJ. We have an ok relationship, and as long as things don't get to deep, he's great. We have very little in common however. Anything emotional is hard for him. You can't really tell when he's on vacation, or off work. He is always very meticulous and scheduled. He likes golf, football, and basketball, and manages the psychiatric ward of a VA hospital. I couldn't see myself doing or liking any of those things (and that's just on the surface).
Actually, the fact that he is a psychiatrist has recently given us many things to talk about, and has given him an opportunity to get things of his chest.

NF: One of my best friends is an ENFJ. When we first met, we both knew we would be friends. There was an instant connection, even though we barely spoke that night. He is one of the only people that I've felt very close to, who I can relate to intimately. He's almost a long lost brother. Man I know that sounds so cheesy...:cheese:

oh well...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NT: people who actually understand the words that are coming out of my mouth
SP: friends or childhood punching bags, depended on the attitude they gave me
SJ: best dealt with when they are kept busy or remenecing

redacted

NT: I probably relate to this temperament most, but sometimes I feel so bad for them -- some of them are so obsessed with logic as a psychological coping mechanism; the same ones also think "feelings are stupid", which may be true, but it's a pointless mantra, as feelings are inescapable. They must be navigated just like everything else. Some of them (my dad for instance) live life in a fantasy land where everyone should be "rational" (whatever that subjectively means to them, ironically) and they're always surprised by peoples feelings. It's like they walk into the same obstacle over and over, refusing to see that maybe THEY are the ones that need to change their path.

SP: Fun. They know how to pull me out of my analysis loops, which is definitely necessary sometimes. They make me envious of their ability to let go. I'm relieved around them, because my random thoughts are pushed to the background. Sometimes I need to drink or smoke to be on their social level, though, which is bad...

SJ: Really really depends on the person. Some of them are very refreshing, because their lives are so structured somehow without making a crazy analytical mess out of everything. I know I can count on them to answer their phone or call me back. Their predictability makes me very comfortable. It sucks if they have underdeveloped intuition, though (like my mom), because it makes me incomprehensible to them. They always wonder, "why doesn't that dude just shut the fuck up and do his work? that way he really wouldn't be depressed..." Sometimes they don't realize that there's a broader picture, and that motivation is affected by all sorts of factors. Meh.

Finally,
NF: Honestly, I'm mostly pissed off by NFs. Since I've spent my whole life developing my Thinking abilities, I think I get mad that they're so free to just FEEL. My favorite NFs are the fucked up ones, honestly; the ones who've repressed their feelings and are finally integrating everything back together. I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible. I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness, and if they're immature it's so hard to watch. Immature NFJs are hard to watch, too, but it's because they compromise themselves so much that it's obvious to everyone. Meh.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP: Chill

INFP: Chill

ISTP: Chill

ENTP: Chill

INTJ: Chill

INTP (females): Chill

INTP (males): Not chill

INFJ: Not chill

redacted

^Aaah watch for unfair generalizations.

(I'm not taking the INFJ thing as an insult, I just know some INFJs and INTPs that you COULDN'T not get along with. People might surprise you...)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL, no shit I was supremely over-generalizing!!!

I can think of a few INTPs I find to be lovely and an INFJ or two who I think are not batshit insane. :)

redacted

dissonance: Not Chill

lol, jk

sorta

:)

Hey I'd rather you point a judgment like that at me than at an entire group.

Keep it personal!

(P.S. CC, I love giving you a hard time on this forum, but I'm sure we'd be chill in real life. Totally sure.)

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
NT's: pretty much get along with. Most attracted to type romantically. :smile:

SP's: FUN

SJ's: Typically like a whole lot and are usually the closest friendships I develop in real life.

NF's: Hit or miss, I think.

But I usually like everyone and I'm just generalizing and whatnot.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
NTs-Like them, though this whole F's are weak and vunerable bullshit bugs me

NFs-Like them, except a few.

SPs-Like some, hate some

SJs-Sometimes I can get along with them

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
NFs: Love em, we get to different conclusions but our methods of reaching the conclusionsa re the same

NTs: Gotta love my NT conversations. They can keep up with my topic changing speed while providing intelligent debate

SJs: They listen really well, but their ideas are set in stone, so you have to provide a lot of evidence to supply your point if you find a disagreement. My brother is this type, so I've learned how to deal with them, thus I enjoy their company. But I could understand if other NFs didn't get along with them

SPs: Don't know enough to accurately judge

G

Glycerine

Finally,
NF: Honestly, I'm mostly pissed off by NFs. Since I've spent my whole life developing my Thinking abilities, I think I get mad that they're so free to just FEEL. My favorite NFs are the fucked up ones, honestly; the ones who've repressed their feelings and are finally integrating everything back together. I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible. I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness, and if they're immature it's so hard to watch. Immature NFJs are hard to watch, too, but it's because they compromise themselves so much that it's obvious to everyone. Meh.
Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the NF's that just go by their intuition and don't try to back it up by logic?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just because we're F doesn't mean we're incapable of using logic as a primary method for our problems. I think he's just had bad experiences with NFPs in rl experience and hasn't come across the right ones yet.