User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Just because we're F doesn't mean we're incapable of using logic as a primary method for our problems. I think he's just had bad experiences with NFPs in rl experience and hasn't come across the right ones yet.
    oh ok. I hate to admit it but I might be kind of like what he described when I get extremely stressed or mad. However, I'm not too fond of it either, haha. I try really hard to go about things in more of Ti fashion. Both arguments makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Finally,
    NF: Honestly, I'm mostly pissed off by NFs. Since I've spent my whole life developing my Thinking abilities, I think I get mad that they're so free to just FEEL. My favorite NFs are the fucked up ones, honestly; the ones who've repressed their feelings and are finally integrating everything back together. I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible. I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness, and if they're immature it's so hard to watch. Immature NFJs are hard to watch, too, but it's because they compromise themselves so much that it's obvious to everyone. Meh.
    Unfortunately, I can relate at a level to this. Then again I'm probably one of the fucked up ones. Well, I was pretty much raised to the thought that feelings weren't valid and needed to be subdued and definately not expressed. That being said.. It's my problem. I don't wish it to affect or show to the surface, it's not like ugh.. Let's kust say I'm trying to learn out of it.
    Meh.

NF: Hit or miss. With some I get along amazingly well and relate to, with some uh.. not. The ENFJ I know is like a second mother to me (she has known me since I was 12 and is about 20 years older than me) and we get along fantastically. The feeling is mutual.
    NT: My best friend is an ENTP and I've had close friendships with NTs. As long as they don't get too hung up on rationality it's okay. Interesting conversations in real life. My brain tends to disconnect sometimes when it comes to male INTPs though. It might take awhile to understand.
    SP: Fun, I usually like them much.
    SJ: I get along with them, but feel the need to distract them every now and then and have difficulty communicating with them.

CaptainChick I'd ask if I was chill, but since I am batshit insane, uh.. I don't think I have courage to do so.
    Please excuse the generalisations.

Smile

NFs: You are great and terrible. Great, because great minds think alike, terrible, because you remind me of all the flaws I detest in myself. Imagine two windows looking out onto the world side-by-side. The same panes of glass tinted the same color, but only varying in their open to closed state and their degree of cleanliness. (Pardon while I lol at my own metaphor loving INFJness.)

NTs: You brilliant basta'ds. We are capable of such expansive conversation in the parlor on a comfortable couch. We might sort out the world's troubles once and for all, or so I hope. But woe betide us if we venture into a discussion of feelings, morality, or romance. It would be a "Murder Death Kill" of our temporary synchronizations of being. Farewell my short-lived shipmate in the boat called life. *waves tear-filled handkerchief*

SPs: What the f*ck to do with you wacky ass nutters? You're a mess you know that? You're all over the damn place. But God strike me down if I pretend you don't make me laugh, love, and err in spite of my better principles. *sigh* You exasperate me, but you make it worthwhile. And you draw out my envy because you have a grasp of this world, this tangible world that you always manage to experience so fully, that I will never achieve --only dream of in retrospect.

SJs: You sexy, stubborn, practically-oriented fuckaz. I don't want you anywhere near a position of authority over me. You will always fail to relate to what matters most to me. But as a mate, as a friend, you are dependable and trust-worthy with an unshakable inner compass. Though for slightly different reasons, you for your sense of duty, me for my sense of affection --we would walk through fire for the other, without looking back.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the NF's that just go by their intuition and don't try to back it up by logic?
    Kinda. I'm talking about the ones that say stuff like "no, it just can't be like that; that can't be true!".

People that get Intuitions and can't clearly explain why actually aren't a problem for me. "I'm so sure I'm right, just watch" is something I say all the time. It's when they refuse to see a truth because it doesn't match their value system that I get annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Just because we're F doesn't mean we're incapable of using logic as a primary method for our problems. I think he's just had bad experiences with NFPs in rl experience and hasn't come across the right ones yet.
    Heh, my best friend is an ENFP and she still pisses me off to no end! (In debate at least, which somehow takes up more than half the time we're around each other...) She always comes around to the dark side (Thinking) after a while though

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Ah, I understand now.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Glycerine

ohhh, ok. I'm pretty sure I'm not like that. Many people would probably consider me a T at first glance IRL. Thank you for the clarification.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Heh, my best friend is an ENFP and she still pisses me off to no end! (In debate at least, which somehow takes up more than half the time we're around each other...) She always comes around to the dark side (Thinking) after a while though
    Pfft, last I checked, BOTH enfps and infjs had thinking as their tertiary functions.

And Te pwns Ti debate, sorry hon, it just does.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pfft, last I checked, BOTH enfps and infjs had thinking as their tertiary functions.
    True. I find it pleasing when they start using their 2nd and 3rd functions with close to equal weight, instead of heavily relying on one.

And Te pwns Ti debate, sorry hon, it just does.

From a Te user's perspective, Te wins.

From a Ti user's perspective, Ti wins.

Te keeps trying to apply the hypothetical. Ti keeps trying to refine the inner consistency of the hypothetical. I'd say Ti is better because it finds the internal logical flaws (which is more what debate is about) instead of applying the system outward, which is great if you're a business man, I guess.

Meh. Stupid argument, anyway, since no one uses JUST Te or JUST Ti. There are all sorts of other functions interacting all the time, so every type is capable of lots of different kinds of reasoning.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

SJ - Love them, but I can't really communicate with them relationship wise.. friendship is fine but dang.
    SP - Friends = Fine, anything else is beyonnnddd me
    NT - My favorite of them all. INTP are my favorites, dated one for 3 years. Not clingy(in cases I've been in), and mostly logical, and are over analytical like myself so there's always something to talk about, and compatibility seems great. I think the most appreciative thing about INTPs is their ability to talk intellectually, hard to find in a lot of other types... well being only 21 yrs old.
    NF - INFJ women are too.. I don't know, clingy. I feel like my personal space gets invaded consistently. INFP women are pretty chill, I don't mind talking to them(only know three), ENFP are awesome, I like them a lot. ENFJ.. eeeeeee too much feeling talk for me.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Finally,
    I think another reason I'm mad at most of them is that I see the potential for logical analysis -- it's like they just choose not to use it as much -- it seems irresponsible.
    Yep. But then again, I don't care much for politics, so I don't have the desire to identify what is more efficient, only what I see as morally right.

I'd definitely say NFPs piss me off much more than NFJs, just because they're not worried about social appropriateness,
    You're from Berkley and you're worrying about social conformity?!?