• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] I do not agree with something

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but if the person who spoke has been studying MBTI for 20 years and you've been studying it for 2 years, don't you think there's a possibility that you may be wrong and just didn't completely understand exactly what they were saying?

What you mean ? They aren't right for me .

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What you mean ? They aren't right for me .

ok fine
ESTJs are not right for me, but that doesn't mean MBTI is wrong.
Even Carl Jung said, "Every individual is an exception to the rule."
It's supposed to apply generally, not perfectly, to every person in the world.

Miaumi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not trying to be mean here but i think MBTI type isnt that tied to how much you can love someone,love develops through time,circumstances and understanding,you dont know who youre gonna end up loving fiercely

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah I'm very much against using mbti when it comes to determining relationships

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've been with all sorts of types and they all sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding, sorta.

Enneagram
9w1
you are going to die regretting you havent felt the wrath of a stressed out estj in the bedroom

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No , i"m not

You're right. Can't miss what you never had.

Jokes aside, like the above have stated, MBTI is not a good measurement of love. Nowhere in the cognitive descriptions does it say anything remotely mentioning love or romantic compatibility, that's all fresh out of personality profiles or theory. But all of MBTI is a theory anyway, so perhaps they are right. Point is, don't take it seriously.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
You're right. Can't miss what you never had.

Jokes aside, like the above have stated, MBTI is not a good measurement of love. Nowhere in the cognitive descriptions does it say anything remotely mentioning love or romantic compatibility, that's all fresh out of personality profiles or theory. But all of MBTI is a theory anyway, so perhaps they are right. Point is, don't take it seriously.

They aren't right that infp and estj are a true love , I do agree that MBTI Is not good enough and isn't the most important when it comes to love

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They aren't right that infp and estj are a true love , I do agree that MBTI Is not good enough and isn't the most important when it comes to love

Well there's your problem. MBTI isn't about right vs wrong, it's about theory. Some people have the theory that the INFP and ESTJ are true love. We all disagree, but what does it matter? We're not talking to the people right now. We can't explore their views or mindset behind this logic. All we can really do is insult it which I, for one, consider a waste of time.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
Well there's your problem. MBTI isn't about right vs wrong, it's about theory. Some people have the theory that the INFP and ESTJ are true love. We all disagree, but what does it matter? We're not talking to the people right now. We can't explore their views or mindset behind this logic. All we can really do is insult it which I, for one, consider a waste of time.

Waste of time of what ?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You just keep saying the same thing over and over. I'm confused about why you started the thread because it seems like you only want everyone to agree with you, rather than having a discussion of what made you decide it's an unworkable match.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
any type can love any other type and yes it can be true love, it doesn't know MBTI.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
You just keep saying the same thing over and over. I'm confused about why you started the thread because it seems like you only want everyone to agree with you, rather than having a discussion of what made you decide it's an unworkable match.

It isn't like that at all , It made me decide because it's just not feeling a match to me and in most of the cases , those types aren't working together

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Love is more powerful than baseline compatibility.
If it's a horrible match, there's really nothing that suggests this is caused by personality.
One bad apple doesn't mean the barrel is rotten.
One good apple doesn't mean the barrel is healthy.

It just boils down to how people treat each other.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Duality is more a thing in socionics I think. People say opposites attract but honestly I don't think it's very type related. Also, unconditional love love doesn't exist; there are always conditions.

I sorta agree, but I feel the conditions are usually mental. There's a differnce between feeeling unconditional love and 'thinking' of unconditional love.

to be fair if we're talking love love and monogamy yeah there is always a condition: to be with just that person. Again that doesn't mean u'll stop loving them it might just mean the person can't hack the relationship itself... Sadly it's very common to stop 'loving' someone or having someone in their life once they break up. Personally, I have serious doubts whether that could ever be unconditional love at all.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know that everyone in the thread has said this earlier, but that's not necessarily due to MBTI. People with the same type are still different people with different behaviors that respond differently to different things. MBTI is a useful tool, but it's not a tool where you can make a stencil of a person and say that ll people of one type work that way.

Also, you said that this is an INFP-ESTJ match, but you type as INFJ. Is this your relationship or somebody else's? If it was somebody else's relationship, how would you know that the conflict was type related and not just an argument or something else?

lifebouy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I tend to see dual pairing as ideal and interesting if you want to catalyze the development of your lower functions. It's the fastest way to grow as a person, but definitely will not be a smooth ride. If you're not into challenging relationship then it's not ideal pairing at all. Personally I think the best match doesn't exist. It depends on what you're looking for in yourself and your partner.