• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] what's the most important function in mbti ?

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
what's the most important function in mbti ? F/T , J/P , N/S or I/E and why ?

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They’re all equally important. The fun part is when they’re combined in different ways.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There isn’t one.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you mean function or dichotomy? What you listed are dichotomies.

In terms of dichotomies, there are different schools of thought about which one makes the most difference. Some people such as David Keirsey believe N/S makes the most difference, while others such as Dario Nardi believe J/P makes the most difference. Personally I lean more toward Keirsey on this, although I really do think it varies from individual to individual and how strong they are in each letter.

In terms of functions...well, if there was a most important function that would imply that certain types are objectively superior to others, which would make MBTI a hierarchical system instead of a classification system. This isn't to say that I haven't seen some people try to turn it into a hierarchical system, but when they do they end up coming off as jerks imo.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
Do you mean function or dichotomy? What you listed are dichotomies.

In terms of dichotomies, there are different schools of thought about which one makes the most difference. Some people such as David Keirsey believe N/S makes the most difference, while others such as Dario Nardi believe J/P makes the most difference. Personally I lean more toward Keirsey on this, although I really do think it varies from individual to individual and how strong they are in each letter.

In terms of functions...well, if there was a most important function that would imply that certain types are objectively superior to others, which would make MBTI a hierarchical system instead of a classification system. This isn't to say that I haven't seen some people try to turn it into a hierarchical system, but when they do they end up coming off as jerks imo.
dichotomies , what's more T/F or N/S ?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sees mbti type*

Do you want your ego stroked?

J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing.jpg

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started to answer then I realized I don't know what you mean by important? The most important for what...?

I'm also not sure if this is an INFJ-specific question or not?

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP because they don't ask these obscene questions.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
The most important dichotomy , Is it N/S or F/T ?

- - - Updated - - -

The most important dichotomy , Is it N/S or F/T ?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There literally isn't one. They're all equally UNimportant.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you think there is one that is the most important then I feel like you don't actually get what mbti is.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
what's more

If you think there is one that is the most important then I feel like you don't actually get what mbti is.

it is clear that T/F Or s/n are the most important but the question is whether of them is more important ?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By "important" do you mean which one makes the biggest difference?

Jaguar

This is as ridiculous as the last one:

Are the ENTJ and ESTJ are still the best matches in pschologists choice for infps and isfps ? If yes , Someone needs to change it , This match made in hell , and it is not going well usually ( ENTJ - INFP , ESTJ - ISFP ) Someone need to change it and did they changed it already ?