User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Earth Song

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Earth Song

I want to know what fellow NFs think, or feel about this song.

YouTube - Earth Song - Frank Tichelli

This is really, a very meaningful song, and it really inspires me and touches me deeply whenever I listen to it. What do you think? how does it make you feel?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Wow....that's the thing that always fascinates me with music. It can communicate emotions to anyone from anywhere who'll feel them without even any knowledge of the lyrics in a song for example. I remember being on the verge of crying while listening to a foreign song but the melody was deeply moving.
    I love music that is able to do this, I do enjoy mainstream music but a lot of that "magic" is lost...nowadays (*cough*rihanna)It made me feel very peaceful, calm and serene, too bad the song ended and I have to finish an english outline xD.
    But usually music without lyrics can move me more for some reason and melodies haunt me, they alter my state of emotions for random periods of time.Thank god music like this still exists.
    (It's kind of why I've always liked music without lyrics, except if they were meaningful in my opinion. I do enjoy music with lyrics but the feelings are often lost...not always )
    Nice piece!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It is amazing! Sometimes I'll hear a song for the first time and fall in love with the melancholy tune (I usually catch to sad, deep songs), and just know that I could listen to it, and feel it. I wouldn't be half the man I am now if it weren't for this type of music that made me feel things that I do when I listen to them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I wish I could hear it. My dial-up is atrocious. I love all kinds of music and see meaning in all of it.

Sorry, Soul!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Not an NF, but yeah.

Hmm would have been better without the lyrics in my opinion... I like it though.

Sort of reminded me of Star Wars for some reason (at least during the beginning).

I love Star Wars for it's music, it easily influences the listeners feelings..
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I wish I could hear it. My dial-up is atrocious. I love all kinds of music and see meaning in all of it.
    Awh! Don't be sorry, I'm sorry to you that you can't hear it

Hmm would have been better without the lyrics in my opinion... I like it though.

Sort of reminded me of Star Wars for some reason (at least during the beginning).

I love Star Wars for it's music, it easily influences the listeners feelings..
    Yeah, the lyrics overpowered the song a little, and it sort of reminds me of star wars too, now that I think of it..and I share your love of Star Wars music

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I want to know what fellow NFs think, or feel about this song.

YouTube - Earth Song - Frank Tichelli

This is really, a very meaningful song, and it really inspires me and touches me deeply whenever I listen to it. What do you think? how does it make you feel?
    I wish I could sing like that...

But yes, I may have gotten a bit misty-eyed there at the end. And I do agree that it would have been better without the lyric subtitles.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INXP

I'm envious of where you are right now, OWS, to get the most out of this kind of music. I hope that you can hold on to it.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think everyone can experience things through music, the feelings may be different to different people, and it may be different music that triggers it..

MBTI
    INXP

Granted, but you can be somewhat specific. This kind of music lends itself to certain moods and elicits certain experiences. It's steeped in stigma, and this can be a good thing. A wealth of posterity to draw from.

Sorry if that was poor. I'm typing very quickly, trying not to miss an Orson Welles interview.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.