• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Earth Song

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I want to know what fellow NFs think, or feel about this song.

YouTube - Earth Song - Frank Tichelli

This is really, a very meaningful song, and it really inspires me and touches me deeply whenever I listen to it. What do you think? how does it make you feel?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow....that's the thing that always fascinates me with music. It can communicate emotions to anyone from anywhere who'll feel them without even any knowledge of the lyrics in a song for example. I remember being on the verge of crying while listening to a foreign song but the melody was deeply moving.
I love music that is able to do this, I do enjoy mainstream music but a lot of that "magic" is lost...nowadays (*cough*rihanna)It made me feel very peaceful, calm and serene, too bad the song ended and I have to finish an english outline xD.
But usually music without lyrics can move me more for some reason and melodies haunt me, they alter my state of emotions for random periods of time.Thank god music like this still exists.
(It's kind of why I've always liked music without lyrics, except if they were meaningful in my opinion. I do enjoy music with lyrics but the feelings are often lost...not always :))
Nice piece!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It is amazing! Sometimes I'll hear a song for the first time and fall in love with the melancholy tune (I usually catch to sad, deep songs), and just know that I could listen to it, and feel it. I wouldn't be half the man I am now if it weren't for this type of music that made me feel things that I do when I listen to them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I could hear it. :( My dial-up is atrocious. I love all kinds of music and see meaning in all of it.

Sorry, Soul!

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not an NF, but yeah.

Hmm would have been better without the lyrics in my opinion... I like it though.

Sort of reminded me of Star Wars for some reason (at least during the beginning).

I love Star Wars for it's music, it easily influences the listeners feelings..

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I wish I could hear it. My dial-up is atrocious. I love all kinds of music and see meaning in all of it.

Awh! Don't be sorry, I'm sorry to you that you can't hear it :(

Hmm would have been better without the lyrics in my opinion... I like it though.

Sort of reminded me of Star Wars for some reason (at least during the beginning).

I love Star Wars for it's music, it easily influences the listeners feelings..

Yeah, the lyrics overpowered the song a little, and it sort of reminds me of star wars too, now that I think of it..and I share your love of Star Wars music :)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

This is really, a very meaningful song, and it really inspires me and touches me deeply whenever I listen to it. What do you think? how does it make you feel?

I wish I could sing like that...

But yes, I may have gotten a bit misty-eyed there at the end. And I do agree that it would have been better without the lyric subtitles.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm envious of where you are right now, OWS, to get the most out of this kind of music. I hope that you can hold on to it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think everyone can experience things through music, the feelings may be different to different people, and it may be different music that triggers it..

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Granted, but you can be somewhat specific. This kind of music lends itself to certain moods and elicits certain experiences. It's steeped in stigma, and this can be a good thing. A wealth of posterity to draw from.

Sorry if that was poor. I'm typing very quickly, trying not to miss an Orson Welles interview.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

It's beautiful! It reminds me of a piece I was listening to last night. The beginning very similar:

(Ignore the visuals. The words are of an 18 year old girl written on the the wall of a Gestapo prison to her mom, "Oh Mamma do not cry. Immaculate Queen of Heaven support me always.")
[youtube="ymuF7uG6wis"]Gorecki Symphony No. 3 "Sorrowful Songs" - Lento e Largo[/youtube]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's beautiful! It reminds me of a piece I was listening to last night. The beginning very similar:

Wow! I really like your song, thank you for sharing it with me..I'll listen to it more often.